/elyg/ - Elysium General

THE DREAM IS DEAD EDITION

>What is this?
This is the Elysium general. A private server for vanilla World of Warcraft.

>Recent news
twitter.com/elysium_dev/status/821192254236848128
twitter.com/elysium_dev/status/821192530624729089
twitter.com/elysium_dev/status/821364675657007104

>Guilds:
NOST PVP/PVE aka ANATHEMA/DARROWSHIRE aka OLD
Dead
ELYSIUM aka FRESH
Alliance guild:
Horde guild:
Horde guild:
ZETH'KUR
Alliance guild: dead, need new guild
Horde guild:

/who "guild name", whisper anyone!

>Server Homepage
elysium-project.org/

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463

>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0

>Macros
wowprogramming.com/docs/api

>Addons
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/
shagu.org/pfUI/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QImHDJr9LE0
youtube.com/watch?v=WdCZa7QI56g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

servers up when

First for wanting bulls to camp me

delet

Forgot to put in the OP!

The only Alliance guild on Zeth'Kur now that Steadman's meme guild merged into ours!

how many are you are actual neets

You thieves ready to be mature adults and come back to playing superior Legion yet? seriously. vanilla doesn't even have transmogs or legendaries- just Kyselves.

>tfw no tank bf to worship and serve

>people don't realize that the only thing elysium has done correctly was to allow chinks
otherwise this would be another bargain bin server with 300 players

try to prove me wrong, westcucks

reminder this isn't a Veeky Forums guild!

Truth bomb:
Nost had a backdoor and wiped the servers. Deleted everything.

With how popular vanilla wow is and how high the demand is and how many people are ready to donate for a good server.

What the fuck is stopping people from doing just that and supplying the demand?

Just get donation money, hire a bunch of programmers and have them work full time on making the best core possible.

How fucking hard can it be? Instead we get these fucking incompetent slavshitters who work part time using bullshit stock mangos.

If not we get some bullshit like Corecraft or Crestfall which are basically a couple of autists making a lot of noise and no progress.

Just fucking get some competent programmers to work on this shit

Unconfirmed rumors from russian discord says that nostcucks had some backdoor switch that wiped everything including char db. They currently trying save as much as possible.

>still false flagging

Northshire literally merged with pp theres no need anymore m8

Hopefully they ruined the server and we can all go back to kronos

Don't be retarded.

fucking hell, can we pleas ban grimfaggot from Ally discord
such a cancerous piece of shit

This here. People need a financialmotive to care. I am happy the elysium devs are making money

Uh, because it's illegal?

The fat basement criminal nerds who play vanilla should be arrested and have their retail accounts permanently banned.

Including fresh and freshfresh shit? Or just the Nost Data?

>Northshire literally merged with pp
false, zethkur alliance is currently waiting guildless for a new guild leader to step up

Low chances, but there's always a possibility of them having something that allowed them to fuck with the server, considering their anticheat was literally the server modifying warden on the go trough an exploit.

>first day back at school
>literally shaking because I can't play WoW
>See newest Elysium tweet
>mfw

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!! COME HOME FROM WORK AND THE SERVERS ARE DOWN

RETAIL WINS AGAIN

Also; Mainstream eceleb youtube faggots on Blizzard's payroll are making videos about "Nostalrius Versus Private Servers" So...be prepared for a Legion of retail retards to come flooding in trying to act smug about eating shit.

Good, we real fresh nao

if they don't want to make vanilla servers blizzard can suck my dick

they can't have it both way

either make official vanilla servers or fuck off and let us play what game we want

Man, if that were the case (it isn't), I'd be splitting my sides in furious laughter.

I can't register because the site is dead now. Anyone knows when it will be back?

Everything. Shortly before the server was down. people in Discord were complaining that they get login messages saying their account information is incorrect, meaning the account was deleted.

>asking questions about "information" clearly pulled out of somebody's ass

>Uh, because it's illegal?

Which programmers have been prosecuted again?

>4 hours
kill me

never, we're currently looking for a new server

>not playing both
what r u
casul?

I've read about this too. The login servers are down which proves this theory to be correct.

Calling it now. Some pretty bad shit is going down, even if it's not today, I'm 99% certain that something bad is going to happen sooner or later.

If that is the case then the server is dead

Elysium was a fucking joke pre Nost core. It didn't even have proper pathing.

Time to go back to Kronos

This was happening during downtime before.

>server down figure I'll go play that game I was addicted to a couple years ago, mount and blade
>no general
what happened?

loving every laugh

>a Legion of retail retards to come flooding in
I sincerely doubt there are enough people still playing retail to count as a Legion or to flood anything.

Elysium Project @elysium_dev 13h13 hours ago
While we are in maintenance, we temporarily took the database offline. Any attempts to login will return an invalid password error.

The invalid password error has happened several times since launch. The database wasn't wiped then, it isn't now.

>Dr. Nost, I'm Elysium.
>He wasn't alone.
>Uhhh, you don't get to bring Blizzard friends.
>They are not my friends.
>Don't worry, no vanilla for them.
>Why would I want them?
>They were smiling to grab your servers, they work for the Blizzard, the Chilton man.
>Blizzard?
>Get em on the forums, I'll call it in.
>What are you doing in the middle of my server?
>The vanilla plan I just filled with the dev team lists me, my community and Dr. Nostalrius here. But only ONE of you!
>SO, WHO PAID TO GRAB DR. NOSTALRIUS?
>HE DIDN'T AVOID THE BAN SO GOOD, SO WHO WANTS TO TRY NEXT?
>TELL ME ABOUT BLIZZARD, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE COPYRIGHT?
>LOT OF LOYALTY FOR A HIRED RETAILKEK!
>Perhaps he's wondering why would someone ban a man before throwing him out of the server?
>Wiseguy huh? At least you can talk, who are you?
>We are nothing, we are the dirt beneath our company. And no one cared who I was til I sued Nostalrius
>Who we are does not matter, what matters is our income.
>If I pull this off will you stop suing?
>It would be extremely illegal.
>You're a big company!
>For you.
>Was controlling Nostalrius a part of your plan?
>Of course, Dr. Nostalrius refused our offer in favor of yours. We had to know what he told you about us.
>Nothing! I said nothing!
>Why not just ask Nostalrius himself?
>He would not have told us.
>You have money.
>Him, I need shut down. You present no such threat.
>Well congratulations, you got Nostalrius under control. What's the next step of your master plan?
>Crashing Elysium....
>WITH NO SURVIVORS.

Irish lad saying it will be out for Christmas, and it not being out for Christmas, and there being no message saying why its not out for Christmas.

So the theory is that they found a backdoor and announced the server was going to go down and then waited two hours to actually shut it down. Makes total sense.

>Nostalrius Versus Private Servers
So Nostalrius versus themselves?
Are people under the impression Nostalrius wasn't just another pirate server?

The invalid account data error started happening (according to Discord posters complaining in Russian) while I was still online, playing.

So either they turned off the database before shutting down the server (lol), or something bad happened.
Note that the regular login server death error is different than this one, this shows the login server is online and can process your request, and the valid answer to that request is "your account doesn't exist".

what? why? how?

le funny meme xD

Oh turns out I'm just blind

You are 100% right, they can't even get a full group of people together for BGs anymore. just couldn't resist the play on words.

Retail is beyond cucked.

it's finally over

betabull reporting in

No

>this is considered """"""beautiful""""" in retail

>small handful of autistic sociopaths that spam general chat with 200 word essay and harambe think they're too good for the official guild

its ok go join or something they have the same sense of humor as you

first for papacy

>those names

Wow, the new Nagrand sure is ugly. Why did they have to ruin it?

post moar nigga

*looks at u*

uimmm??? that's OLD nagrand -__-

nice jaggies faggot

Is dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=QImHDJr9LE0

do you like my video guys?

also to anyone making death ray : its really buggy and will not fire most of the time

>small handful of erp tranny autists that only play female nelf and recruit randoms from /1 elwynn so they can run dungeons with master loot on so only their small clique gets loot

Why do you faggots spread each other out on 4 servers instead of focusing on getting a single server for Veeky Forums guilds? Not only that but you can't even settle on one faction and create multiple splinter guilds on the same faction/server.

>i'm a 26 year old male and in my spare time i roleplay as a female in a fantasy game

new guild leader is here. its not dead. going strong.

I wish they kept that skybox, those wispy clouds are so fucking cozy

Because guild wars are an epic meme, a remnant from /wpsg/.

sorry user... but steadman won't even log in to pass gleader, it's officially dead now

>m-maybe if i shitpost enough it'll be true
whatever helps i guess

Because they disagree

i thought most of the staff was Russian, are they French or Russian?

Who /joinedaguildthatisn'tfrom/vg// here?

Russian

>Gon
>mage
What did he mean by this.

>playing a female
>anime avatar

disliked immediatelly, fuck off

K E K

Who? Gonna need a reinvite in that case

i'm 24 actually

Remember That Spam Guild ? Here's The Guild Master Doing The Same Thing On Live And Getting World 1st. (Cringe)

youtube.com/watch?v=WdCZa7QI56g

>that charge

heh

Was that the anti cheat that dc'd you?

I will, once I find the correct amount of comfy, competitiveness, laid back and funny.

Who is it?

yes

Rumour: CIA hacked the server as payback for Russians hacking the election.

the french are that bad guys that offer to feed you dinner but then drug you and rape you
the russians are the incompetent friend that you can't stand sometimes but still love

Dwarf or Gnome rogue? Don't care about looks, just the usefulness of Escape Artist over Stoneform or vice versa

comfy

post one more anime girl tho and ur dead

>aggressive teen tier
Undead
Night Elf (female)
>bodypull and then proceed to backpedal in visible confusion as four elites run towards you tier
Human
Orc
Gnome
>patrician tier
Troll
Tauren
Dwarf
Night Elf (male)

There is a subset of players (read: cancer) that always polarize the wpsg playerbase by refusing to roll Horde, even if that's what is agreed upon by the vast majority on a server pre-launch.

The only times it's worked in Vanilla for us is when the majority roll Alliance to consolidate our playerbase.

Also, most wpsg players are bad and need the Paladin meme to clear vanilla content

abusing engineering in low lvl pvp: the video

>have their retail accounts permanently banned.
>implying they have those

Because the faggots on Alliance reguse to ever roll Horde.
They want some erp shit and for years have gone alliance no matyer what.
Quality Games?/Alliance. Nost? Alliance. K1? Alliance. K2? Alliance. Elysium? Alliance
Fuck them. I am not going to rol alliance becuase they want to have gay cyber sex. Alliance fuckong sucks.