Its over for car guys

>sitting at traffic light in euro type-r ep3 (k20a 200 bhp)
>next to me is a big white mercedes people carrier-suv abomination
>i ask whats the retail on one of tho...this never happened actually
>long story short vtec kicks and the ep screams but the behemoth pulls away
Areufinkiddinme
But then it hit me. All these new luxobarges boast many hundreds of hp, not just 2
500 not uncommon, wouldnt be surprised if 6-700 actually

Coulda been in new 320 hp typer and still get killed
Skylines, Evos, Imprezas, in their stock form will get shit on by a new luxobarge
E38 530D 180 hp...newer 530D close to 300 hp. 5s 0-60.
And they can corner too, merc and bmw always could
Whats the freaking point of a sports import now? U will get laughed at unless its something like Nissan GTR or new Nsx, LFA. Supercars in other words. Brand new stock STi? GTFO...

Other urls found in this thread:

glenshelly.com/sales/1988-bmw-325ix
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're a retarded benchracing video gamer

you should know your place.
Dont expect to pull away from everyone on the road in your 200hp honda, fag

all of your humiliation could of been avoided by ridding the bus like the rest of us.

>things that never happened

Its not about me or my shitbox. A $3000 car vs $100k new merc, whoopty doo big deal. I have a feeling it wouldve killed even an older M3.
Point is that the cars we love and discuss, are not competitive anymore. An edgy looking SUV will easily out take an R34 GT-R. How about that.

So, the love for cars is how fast you can pull up at a red light?

never change honda fags

People are shitting on you but I understand what you mean. Rangerovers, AMGs, ...hell...even those new BMW crossovers designed for soccer moms are all pushing 500hp/torque.

even the new ecoboost cargo vans are clocking in at 350/350. literally a plumber's van is faster than the meme import RHDs you see faggots clamoring over

If you drive a type r and can't outrun a luxury crossover on a twisty road you're just a shitty driver, and if you only care about stoplight racing you shouldn't have bought a type r

Took you that long to figure it out?

power is easy to achieve now, so it's getting crammed into everything. better than euro tiny diesels of pain and suffering. but performance cars still hold the power/weight ratio as well as cornering. AWD crossovers are good at launching and in stoplight racing, but not so much on a track or in the canyons.

if you have under 400hp in 2017 you aren't driving a sports car
you can get away with high 300's if you have something very small and light

otherwise, yes OP, you shouldn't think your shitbox is fast

what the fuck are you talking about m80

>if you have under 400hp in 2017 you aren't driving a sports care

>MX-5 ND/Fiat 124
>Porsche Boxter/Cayman
>etc

Definition of sports car
: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving

sure, the porsche cayman/boxter come in high 300's HP trim and are light
so they qualify

>MX-5
>200hp
enjoy your 30mpg grocery getter

my head literally hurts from trying to read the smattering of letters you somehow hammered out to form that post

maybe you suck at launching your car.......

>twice the power
>thrice the weight
>can out-stoplight some shitty riced civic
big fucking news

It's about the the feels OP. These include getting BTFO by some mundane econobox that's 20 years newer than your manual shitbox.

2017 toyota sienna AWD= 296hp
0-60= 7sec
Nigga is you serious, get back to the ghetto and race kids in 25yr old beat down hondas if you wanna feels the joy of winning their lunch money

>driving 400hp z32
>get passed by Audi rs4
>can't keep up with him
>wild touge appears
>I am in a touge weapon z on jutties and I have big balls
>he is in a leased Audi and corners are scary
>catch him with ease and blast past him on a straightaway

All these new """fast""" suvs including teslas and shit exist purely for benchracing purposes. Any retard can put his foot down in a fast car but actually turning corners is where a good driver can put posers in their place

>Coulda been in new 320 hp typer and still get killed
if you watched the new top gear COUGH i mean The Grand Tour Episode about suv's its completely commonplace to see them with 400-700hp in upper trim models especially luxury V8 Turbo and even a fucking W12 in the Bently

this. Ignore the slow faggot that replied to you. Good luck explaining to cletus that you have a "sports car" when you just got gapped by his 5.0 mustang he pulled off the lot for 1500 down

>driving 400hp z32
I've always wanted one of those, but I don't like owning a car that's a pain in the ass to work on.

Is it worth it?

You realize that literally anything with a V6 these days has 280-350hp these days even without boost?

Your civic was never fucking fast in the first place. My 16 year old acura tl that I paid $5k for has 60hp more than your civic. You have an economy car with extra sporty bits to give it a bit more umph, not a sports car.

Wow almost as if a more expensive car will beat a stock k20..............

>50feet stoplight races
>muh autotragic gearbox destroying drag races
>high skill step on gas straight line races
Its like youre american..

>talking about sports cars
>talking about using them on the street
>talking about pushing your pedal to the ground and handling corners literally everybody can handle because theyre public and everywhere are speed limits and warning signs

Grow up, kiddies. Motorsports is not raging through the neighbourhood with a fwd shitbox to pose around and frighten some grammys.
Motorsports happens on the track, its feeling, optimizing and learning of the process of what you do with your car and what your car does to you.
Streets are not made for racing, once youve tried some laps on a real track you feel silly trying to drive "like a racer" outside of it. The right track is at least as important as the right car.

So you drive just to have the fastest rice rocket in the world?
News flash, even in the 80's there were cars that were much faster than your Honda.

Buy clean five speed e30 = $5-7000
Add 400hp turbo kit = $3-4000
Misc (better tires, upgrades) = $1-2000

Total = $9-12000

Result? A car that will paste just about everything on the highway, track or mountain road for a fraction of a price the luxobarges sell for and will probably appreciate in price as long as you keep the dents, dings and rust to a minimum.

The normies can have their $100g luxobarges and their $10g engine out repair bills before the end of their lease. Their is a pile of stuff on Petrolicious you can buy for a fraction of the cost, with sane maintenance costs, and adding a turbo or a little tuning will make more than relevant by today's standards.

Here's a guy who gets it (that 325ix is pure sex):

glenshelly.com/sales/1988-bmw-325ix

If you just change the timing belt every 60k, it's like any other jap engine. The timing belt is probably the hardest thing besides removing the intake runners.

Mahnigga.jpg

Oh boy the timing belt
>cheapest way to get a 120k service kit is to import one from the states at 600 bucks

Other than that just basic maintenance. 400hp was easy, it came from Japan with an ecu and injectors, it was just a matter of maxing out the stock turbos

But your tl probably weighs 300kg more than an ep3r, and I would almost guarantee it would chop you in a roll race. I never had a true appreciation for power to weight until my 200hp k20z1 integra lost to a 4age levin with 4 Indians in it...

My TL type-s weighs 1600kg and does 0-60 in 5.7sec, it's faster in a line and probably even faster around a track, and it's nothing special just a SOHC 3.2L V6. Look up track times on it.

>He thinks his EP3 is fast
Top kek mate
It never was fast, it was just responsive
That's what makes those shits fun

ITT: things that never happened

So 3.2 Honda makes 260? I failed so hard when I bought a SVT Contour. 2.5 v6 170 hp. It was so shit I swore will never buy another V6. Not a transverse V6 anyway. Warped cylinder head blowing exhaust before the manifold, common problem, limp mode half of the time because of a shit butterfly intake valve actuator, etc. Fuck the Contour hard.

>E36 M3
>R34 GT-R
>stock

Both of these have monstrous potential. Dump just a fraction of $100k (say $20k) into either and you've got something that'll pull the face off its successors.

>MX-5 ND/Fiat 124
>Porsche Boxter/Cayman

It's not a sports car if the entire customer base is made up of women and homosexuals.

To be fair the regular Honda 3.0l V6 at the time was about 225hp, the 3.2L in the TL type-s is high compression and uses premium fuel to make 260hp

I think you dropped this friend

>My piece of shit fwd honda garbage got beaten
>Actual real cars will get beaten as well