There are Veeky Forumstist who think a car can "look" RWD

>there are Veeky Forumstist who think a car can "look" RWD

come at me bruh
pic related, beautiful example

but you can use logic and common sense to assume what drivetrain a car has

of course you can be wrong sometimes but overall its easy

its just stupid to make a nice big long hood then turn the engine sideways but it gets done sometimes

>mid-engined

A car can easily look mid-engined because the engine is clearly in the middle. That`s just easymode. A Porsche, or Beetle on the other hand could easily fit an engine up front.

i fucking love the SM

its not like you can tell the difference between an audi a4 and an a4 quattro can you, some designs just give it away. So by that logic theory, some Veeky Forumstists are right for thinking a car can 'look' rwd.

>its just stupid to make a nice big long hood then turn the engine sideways but it gets done sometimes

Its even more stupid to drop the engine way infront of the axle.

wrong pic

It says on the box if you touch those it gives you cancer. But thank god because this is the only way I can listen to music.

well yeah, sometimes...

i have that thing but with bluetooth. Works pretty nice desu

Honda mounted the engine in the Legend longitudinally so it can have RWD proportions despite being FWD

>there are RWD cars that look like FWD

Someone post that retarded Tc

now those are the weird ones

Cover your tape deck slot with lead and you're good to go.

why was this FF

because Celicas had been fwd for 14 years by time it came out

>RWD proportions

What does that even mean? Honda is literally the quintessential FWD car maker. They only have a few RWD models.

It does look like a sleeker R33 from that angle.

I thought these were RWD for the longest time. Then you got Preludes... Hmmm lets give it a long as fuck hood then mount the engine transversely.

come think of it, is BMW the only ones that still make an fwd hatch?

so hey guys, you know how the engine in the mondial is transverse... well like, lets go ahead and put that in a fwd car since its set up to be transverse anyway.

I assume you meant this Celica

But in case you did mean Tc here's my only retarded Tc in my folder

Less front overhang with a longer hood, etc.

>retarded

thats pretty much how every top tier fwd drag car is setup

you want that weight there

i mean rwd of course

>anything with a long hood

>F22C
>face it the opposite direction
Ayy lmao

>there`s probably someone on Veeky Forums who gets butthurt about fwd wedges

That's not why it's retarded, the amount of money and engineering dumped into that when you could for the same investment have a faster car that's easier to work on and be eligible for tournaments where you can win more money

Note, passion does not make things not retarded. However, it justifies it in my eyes so I say let that Tc owner do whatever they want and enjoy it.

>boxer engine
>fwd

WHY

why was this FF

>fwd
>manual
>barge

transverse awd is easier/cheaper than longitudinal I guess

its fine is lower models go fwd for a nice higher trim eh?

damn I never knew they made FWD SVXs for some reason I thought they were all AWD

what is going on here

>that space between the door and the wheel arch
clearly FWD

this is the calling card

>Most people don't realise the base model non-MR gto was fwd with a na v6 in a 1800kg car

gross

The FWD wasn't 1800kg, it was only 1520kg.
With 160hp. And a 4-speed auto.

>inb4 old Citroens dont count

The distance between the firewall/a-pillar and the front axle is larger on front engined rear wheel drive vehicles

I agree on prelude.
For longest time I thought it was RWD, was in love with the car and when I went to buy it I found out it was FWD.
Noped the fuck out.

FUCK HONDA
pic related.

reminder Leno has too much money and converted a toronado to RWD

>honda goes extra mile to make FWD cars look RWD or even MR
>toyota gives some tiny hatchback RWD because why the fuck not
Easy to see which company cares about enthusiasts
I'd have p60 over any honda that isn't s660, s2k or nsx

Only ones worth shit were AWD

Why the fuck would he even? The entire point of its automotive relevance is that it pioneered FWD without noticable drawbacks in large cars, and he turned it into what was available in droves at the time. He could've just bought any random Lincoln or whatever instead. What a stupid chinface.

why is audi so shit

they didn't build the RWD Starlet for enthusiasts though

>not buying a good car because you took Veeky Forums memes seriously

Lmao

P

R

O

B

E

Guilty pleasure.

>honda goes extra mile to make FWD cars look RWD or even MR

kek

Most hatches in the 70s and even 80s were still rwd.

not really

most were fwd

The ones in the only relevant market weren't.

You mean the market that went to shit on its own account, got taken over by johnny foreigners and now has to compete globally to not completely go under?

yeah and notice how they were all complete shit compared to their fwd compadres too

Europe and Japan dominated

I love the way probes look, butif it were rwd, i could see it being more desirable than mustangs of the same vintage

>good car
>1.5l
>sohc

>not putting CTR bits in your Del Slow

False, you can easily tell apart FWD from RWD by looking at the placement of the wheels. Typically on a FWD car the front wheels will be in the middle of the hood and the rear wheels pushed out far back, on a RWD car the opposite will be true, the front wheels will be pushed out forward while the rear wheels will lay closer to the rear doors. For these scenarios I am talking about FWD transverse and RWD longitudal layout as they are the most common, other layouts such as AWD, longitudal FWD might be more difficult to discern between primary driving wheels. MR and RR are easily spotted due to the general shape of the cars, i.e. vents in the rear compartment.

FUAARK that's awesome

> and the rear wheels pushed out far back

thats because most are hatches, rwd hatches are not different. Coupes tend to have even more rear overhang.

On the other hand, the old Honda Legend could very well be confused with a Lexus if someone just saw a silhouette of it.

What does this look like?

Contrary to popular belief, most rwd cars have loads of front overhang too, especially wedges,

Best Mustang with best proportions. Its just so cute.

fwd cars have less power loss

Die

I honestly dont think its that hard to identify what driveline a car has. Its very obviously if you know info about enough cars

Doesnt matter when they don't have any fucking power to begin with

Silly question: wouldn't that just make it a Riviera with a Rocket instead of a Buick V8?

literally what on earth did they mean by this???

you mean the nailhead? because fuck you

>CTR bits

I know they were annoying but jesus user, you can't just go crushing people up because they don't agree with you

how dare you hate the nailhead

I'm not hating on the Nailhead at all (even though they stopped using it in favor of the new V8 a few years into that generation), I'm saying the FF Toronado and FR Riviera shared a platform and making a Toronado RWD is a really silly thing to do because the Riviera already exists.

He wanted something unique, and his has over 1000 horsepower so rear wheel drive was better.

In addition, older American fwds had no floor hump. The floors are flat.

But it's just a plastic nose, it's not really structural

Worthless and gay

It's an Oldsmobile.

But he has the only one, which makes it more interesting.

I would fucking love a lotus sunbeam

>google it
>"With the swap also came a new 1,076 hp engine based on the one used in the Cadillac CTS-V racing program, employing the use of its aluminum block and cylinder head plus two turbochargers and an intercooler for good measure. "

>have more money than you know what to do with
>could recreate the DOHC OW43 with modern equipment and tuning
>fucking LS swaps it
goddammit leno why

Yes, and? A Cutlass is a Tempest is a Chevelle is a Special. The Toronado, Riviera and Eldorado all ran on the same underpinnings- GM marques shared platforms, sheetmetal and lots of parts in between, the Toronado was only unique because the eggheads at Olds decided to see if they could make it FWD with a longitudinal 455.

Buick, Olds and Pontiac in particular shared tons of stuff, as they were the three 'middle' makes of the GM hierarchy, constantly shunned in favor of Chevy and Cadillac, and

Japs say integra type r as "inte-r" and write it as ITR. Americans misread this as Integra Type R and assume therefore an appropriate abbreviation for Civic Type R is ctr. Japs just call it the "Ciwiku"

>fuck ctr

Fuck you.
Half of year is skidz season and FWD is boring as shit.
Sure preludes are good but the fact they are FWD cars that 99% of people who don't know they're fwd think they're rwd make them fake and undesireable.
I'd rather have an RWD beemer for half the price and I fucking hate beemers.

>yfw fwd V8

What the fuck was GM even doing

>if you know enough about a car you will know what drivetrain it has

no shit

What indeed...

>being this much of an insecure bitch
>muh skidz

>fwd V8

OH BABY

What would have been awesome if Leno had gone AWD with the Toro. Wouldn't have been too hard, either.

Cool story about fag shit, queer.

They made the D2 in Quattro too. It's a luxury car made to feel like it runs on rails, what do you want from it?