/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #464

''On the road'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11794775
strawpoll.me/11794798
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12020327
strawpoll.me/12020353

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
backlogsandmonobears.tumblr.com/post/155994410212/kallina-n-sige-i-just-have-the-feeling-of-being
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Max is #1

Are you gonna play their new game?

>backlogsandmonobears.tumblr.com/post/155994410212/kallina-n-sige-i-just-have-the-feeling-of-being
>another butthurtfag that who can't stand Max and Chloe's relationship
I don't know whether to cry or laugh at their delusion.

>Vampyr:Poor man's Bloodborne
>Battlecrew:Poor man's Overwatch
they just can't come up with original ideas,can they?

>I mean shipping someone is okay but that doesn’t make them canon or doesn’t change what’s going on the game.Because even if you kissed him there wasn’t anything that proves that true love between them.Max ends up questioning her feelings about Chloe anyway.
>Also please don’t say that you can’t see anything romantic between Max and Chloe (someone said it on his reblog) Their relationship was the main thing in the game and whatever you do romantic vibes WERE there.No need to getting butthurt of that because your ignoring the truth is being even more ridiculous.

Finally someone who isn't an ignorant cuck.

Brooke is kinda cute

You are kinda cute.

I was talking about the ignorant cuck in the link.
But yeah, at least someone gets it.

Stop it, you're making me blush

>yfw user's are flirting with each other RIGHT NOW

neither of those game are like either of those games

Do we have any news on the TV series?

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

>
> (You)
>>yfw user's are flirting with each other RIGHT NOW
Join us

You're all cute.

Meetup when, i wanna hug all of you

Max is a good person.
She did nothing wrong and she deserves a long, guilt-free, and happy life with Chloe.

I doubt we all live in the same country.
I'm Swiss

What a coincidence, because that's exactly what she's got!

You're Swiss? No fucking way, I'm not!

>/lisg/ meetup

That's not too far from reality.

What does artios stands for?

Doesn't really stand for anything. It was a name me and a friend came up with when I was younger.

Anyone here interested in working for Dontnod?

Oh fucking hell that's neat, how did /lisg/ managed to survive a year after the game's ending ?

Also, just finished it, 10/10.

Our little community is very dedicated.

Welcome!

I like your post. If I imagine myself only having played the game now, and found that there's actually still a general on Veeky Forums after all this time, I would be pretty excited.

We're here to stay, so stick around if you wanna.

Stop teasing us, Luc.

I like this game guys

Nice.
Yes, but it was someone over at /wtc/ that told me.

Finished the game a week ago but I can't get the music and the twist out of my head, damn.

FUCK YOU LUC

YOU WERE ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

I HOPE YOU STAY AT BRONZE IN OVERWATCH

So, that means he's not /our guy/ anymore?

Raeg against one of the devs mostly. This general is sustained by bitterness and cute posting.

What is the best ending theory?

He was never our guy. He tepidly supported the bae ending in an interview. If he was really our guy he would have admitted their ending makes zero sense and for everyone to turn off their computers at SF art gallery, assuming Max flapped her hands in the middle of class which by CHAOS THEORY prevented the storm.

>Best ending theory
Chloe has a penis

Go fug yourself.

Rewind this

HOLDING
HANDS
WITH
KATE

Mostly cute-posting.

>you'll never have a qt christian whore gf

no need user
based Edouard found it by himself

Everyone has their own because the game itself doesn't sufficiently propose a consistent theory or interpretation. Both narratively and logically contradicts itself even, in certain regards.

You could go the route of Native Magic and Rachel shenanigans. Or Prescottery. Some Sci-Fi/Butterfly Effect/Chaos Theory/Donnie Darkonian mess of a time travel story. Interpret it all metaphorically as an allegory on growing up, the world, life - which was certainly the main intention and most well-established theme here. Reach and take it to be "all in the head", or some such lame play on the psyche of regret or grief or otherwise. Take it at face-value completely, a strange-but-authentic magical-realism slice-of-life pondering on the nostalgic, melancholic, euphoric, tragic, optimistic qualities of the connections we make in life. Whatever.

For me, as it is above all a love story, the ending represents the prevayal of both that bond, its tremendousness, as well as that of Max as a person. The powerful and meaningful love in both that embracement of each other and in that self-embracement. The significance and transcendence in and of that.

>bold, italic, underlined, exclamation marked
That guy -/*°~REALLY~°*/- likes what he's seeing.

Correct.

The fuel is cuteposting, the consistent theme is comfiness. Keeping things going comfortably and enjoyably (and pathetically) for then and again some new and/or interesting content and conversation to emerge. Also just bridging the gap to the inevitable second season!

But even more than that, just keeping the game alive, its spirit, its characters above all.

Kate is not a whore.

what is she then?

Very good post user.

My name is Max, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are unfunny, no talent, no-lifes who spend every second of your day looking at pictures of me and Chloe. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any love? I mean, I guess it’s fun to project yourselves into my world because of your own uneventful lives, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than Warren spying on me outside my dorm.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was accepted into an art gallery at the age of 18, and know more about photography than you ever will. What art do you do, other than creepily photoshopping pictures of me? I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just kissed me; Shit was SO WOWZERS). Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch

>WOWZERS
OOC; 2/5 pasta.

>straight A's
Oh-ho-ho-ho.
There's only two things you have A's in Max. And they aren't academically related.

I don't think any game ever had such an emotional impact on me.

It just makes me feel bad about my life.

Don't let the bullies get to you!

Max on Monday:
>So bizarro to be back here after five years...
>I thought I could just fit right back in at school...
>But with all this shit going on, I'm even more an outsider...
>And who can I confide in, besides my journal and my camera?
>Man, these are supposed to be the best years of my life...
>This is what it's like to be alone and feel lonely at once...

Max on Friday:
>Oh, Chloe!
>Oh, you're alive! You're alive, oh... Both of us!
>I did so much to bring you back, Chloe... and it worked. It actually worked.
>You're with me again.
>Chloe: Looks like even fate doesn't want us apart!
>I always wanted my life to be special... an adventure... but not without you.
>And it didn't happen until I moved back here, so... without you, my powers wouldn't even exist.
>Chloe: We were meant to be together.

Never give up; a week can change everything. Everything!

Kate is great

No wonder Max feels so relatable.
Guess I have to wait for a cute punk girl to activate my superpowers.

Kate is pure.

>Man, these are supposed to be the best years of my life...

Damn...
Sounds like me in my high school years.

They just want to hold on to each other and never let go.

>Pure
Do you even know what it means
Hint: katesvid.com

Jefferson did nothing wrong.

t. Mark

Except being one of the most stupid villains I've ever seen.

1/2

>Kate was finally back in her dorm once more. Poor girl, she was nearly bullied to suicide, all because she was drugged at that Vortex Party by who knows what… but Kate was back, and that’s all that mattered, right? Kate’s bunny Alice certainly didn’t think so however. Alice was too busy thinking about how her friend Lisa was doing; Max’s attractive plant that she was able to keep alive by watering it just enough each morning! Kate had plans to go hang out with Max tonight to go searching for clues as to exactly who drugged her and how, but this wasn’t of Alice’s concern. Alice had only one thing on her mind, and that was the luscious, soft green leaves that only Lisa could grow.

>“Okay Alice! You be good while mommy is gone, I’ll see you soon!” Kate said in an upbeat tone as she left the door to her dorm creaked open a bit by accident. Alice saw this opportunity, as she clawed gently at the side of the metal bars of her cage, desperately hoping that she could get out to see her one true love.

>After about an hour of searching, Alice finally found a spot in her cage that she could gently slide open with her paws and squeeze through. Yes! Alice gave a little victory hop out onto the table where the cage lay, and down onto the floor. Approaching the door instilled some worry in the poor fluff ball’s mind, as she nudged it with her nose. But alas, the door was only opened a small bit, leaving hardly a space for the rabbit to inch her claws in to open the door. Alice’s nose twitched in disappointment as she frantically hopped about the room, trying to think of another way. Suddenly, the door seemed to breeze open, just enough for Alice to hop through. What? Alice chose not to question this, before she squeezed her body just through the space in the door, and hopped out the other side.

2/2

>The dorm rooms were seemingly quiet, nobody was arguing or yelling, locking each other inside of rooms; it was strangely still. Perhaps everyone had gone to another Vortex Party? Whatever… Alice had to get to Lisa’s room! Briskly hopping over to Max’s room, she nudged the door open with her body and happily hopped in up to Lisa. Her leaves were so bright and beautiful… her pot fit her just perfectly as she stretched towards the ceiling. She was even more beautiful than Alice remembered… its been forever since they’ve hung out! Lisa gave a knowing sway of her leaves as a small breeze battered against Alice’s ears, as she gave a small twitch. Did Alice breeze open the door? Would it really be so far fetched to think that Lisa could open the door if Max could rewind time? Alice certainly didn’t think so. Life certainly is strange…

>Alice gently hopped up into the pot, being careful as to not bump Lisa’s leaves or stem as she nuzzled up to one of Lisa’s sweet smelling leaves. With a small lick, a blush spread to the rabbit’s cheeks as the leaf tickled her nose in return. It was okay that the world was falling apart around them… animals were washing up on the beach, storms and strange weather plagued the area, and their owners seemed more than stressed. But, none of this mattered to Alice right now, she was safe under Lisa’s protecting, comfortable hug of her leaves, and that’s all Alice could really ask for. Alice nestled down in Lisa’s pot, minding the placement of her claws as she laid down next to the plant, giving one last loving lick to Lisa’s stem before drifting off into a heavenly sleep in Lisa’s tender embrace.

Will this ever end?

=kek

Should it?

>I also get straight A’s

>hey still could've easily found out about Nathan and Jefferson,they couldn't get away.because Nathan'd be already busted out for bringing gun and shooting one girl.

The Prescott's control the police, Blackwell and much of the town. The only reason they'd let Nathan go to jail is if they considered him too much of a liability, a risk to the Prescott destiny.

>she's also responsible for Chloe's death for not interfering

Perhaps, but that's the way it was meant to be. She didn't interfere in the first version of events. Caulfield leapt out from behind the stall after Nathan shot Chloe.

It's not about what she feels; it's about doing the right thing.

>responsibility generally requires knowledge at the time the action is taken

That's incorrect. A person doesn't have to know that the action is wrong to be responsible. The post man who delivers a package with bomb making materials to a terrorist is partially responsible.

Caulfield had premonitions about the storm and knew what would happen if she saved Chloe's life. Unlike the theoretical postman, she had the opportunity to take back her actions.

I laughed more at this than I should've.

>"Sorry Max. You're to blame so kill your best friend like the universe intended so you can go back to your miserable, meaningless, life where you will constantly be grieving/fearing you will cause some other disaster. Better kill yourself to be safe."
>"Sorry, Max. Go back to being a teenager who would've grown away from her first love anyway."

Fixed that for you.

>The post man who delivers a package with bomb making materials to a terrorist is partially responsible.

Are you fucking retarded?

Just ignore him. Has been spouting some of the dumbest shit since he's arrived here.

Not hoping he has cancer, but do hope he leaves us soon.

That's because I'm Chloe and have a penis.

That's cool. I'm a screenwriter with a few film credits. Would you like to swap throwaways and compare work? Maybe we could collaborate on some Life Is Strange stuff?

Chloe's face never looks like that in the game.

5/5 Nicely done.

Tell that to the only person who managed to match my level of intelligence on a consistent basis. Even that user acknowledged the merits of my arguments and my contribution to /lisg/.

She's drinking coffee, but thinking about...

>pic related

It would be the cutest cult meeting/ riot ever!

I miss that time when I played this game the first time all the way through and it was an experience like no other game I want that feeling again even though after it ended I was basically dead again for a month help /lisg/

inb4 one of the S2 episodes is actually titled "Inception"

Max on caffeine must be hyper!

I like those socks.

>tfw you will never play LiS for the first time again

Not gonna lie, I doubted that I would like this game.

Due to popular reception we're considering a sequel or spinoff starring Kate. We think the appropriate tone for the game would be abject misery with a nice sprinkling of nihilism. How would you players suggest we go about turning this smile upside down?