Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0iwJa5lQhnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9ty7cIw-A38
youtube.com/watch?v=T4UQ8OsF2dM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MR2 because at least rotaries have pedigree

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MY AW11 A CUTE

that's about as stupid as saying RX-7 because at least mid-engine cars have pedigree

This only confirms that the mr2 is more of a meme car.

Rotarys. They're overhyped. Guzzle gas like a V8, power of a v6, reliability of a GM product.

>power of a v6
That means nothing.
youtube.com/watch?v=0iwJa5lQhnQ

RX-7 just because Rotary memes are known everywhere

>reliability of a GM product.
so wait.. people swap out something with GM product reliability only to swap in something with GM product reliability?(LS)

That's not a v6

I have a GM LS car. I was trying to be metaphorical with more memes. I really would say reliable as a Japanese car but that would've offended all the weebs.

Toyota has never won le mans

Both are memes in their own special way.

I have autism. Have this instead
youtube.com/watch?v=9ty7cIw-A38

They almost did and they were very capable of doing so their car just broke down at the wrong time.

rx-7 isn't a 787b

Its a rotary powered sports car tho

Tons of mid engine cars win races

Memes aside, kinda strange that the middle one in both pictures is the only one worth owning.

fuck you
FD, AW11, and ZZW30 are fine

how can you pick literally the most ugly and shit of both

worst taste Ive seen today

But FC Rx7s look great user

That FC gives me an erection every time.

not really

worst RX

It's still a decent looking car but not as good looking as an fb or an fd

you're a decent looking user but not as nice as other anons

So Toyota developed a car less reliable than something powered by a fucking rotary?

pottery

Rotaries are reliable as fuck in a single race event. It's long term reliability that gets them

Don't really care. Both are a fantastic line of cars. Both are fairly reliable, fairly quick, very unique, and look good (with a slight exception of the ZZW30 imo).

MR2 is a meme because of snap oversteer, which as an owner of an AW11 I can tell you is a myth for the most part.
RX7 is a meme cause of the unreliable and underwhelming dorito, which is actually very reliable under proper care and with a turbocharger makes plenty of power.

RX-7. No RX-7 could beat Tsuchiya's 86 on the touge, an MR-S did.
youtube.com/watch?v=T4UQ8OsF2dM

*racecar

>turbo

Nice.
I keep changing my mind about which generation mr2 to get. But I think I will go with the mr-s.

Just buy a hardtop (optional), swap a 2zz in and you're driving MR NA perfection. They aren't that pricey since they aren't old enough to be considered a "classic", and most ricers don't like the looks. I didn't like it at first but it's really grown on me to the point where I want one.

>at least mid-engine cars have pedigree
No they don't. Fieros don't have pedigree either.

I think it's the ugliest of the three, but it's also the lightest and best handling one. I can live with the looks of it means I can have a fun canyon carver.

>no FD can beat the 1.6L AE86
bull fucking shit

I'm pretty sure a FD could...

the fastest road racecars are mid-engine

just like in my Cambodian cartoons

They couldn't. What about "Tsuchiya's 86" don't you understand? It's not stock and it's driven by an amazing racer. Even Amemiya's custom FD has never made to the final battle, being beat by other cars first.

>It's not stock
and its still a slow piece of shit. dori dori is the face of hot version, of course his personal meme car would never be beaten. it wouldnt fit the narrative.

>not based SW20 tarbo to rule all

read what that post was responding to

has anybody compiled a list of times for all the cars that have done that run?

>and most ricers don't like the looks
which is ironic considering imo it doesn't look good until it gets fully riced out

Need your help Veeky Forums

Have $3k for a shitbox commuter.

Theres a great looking NA Miata for $3000 locally, looks like it has been pampered by the owner. *Looks* to be completely stock.

My other option is a really nice 02 MR-2 Spyder. Both get the MPG's I need, both look great. I can't make up my mind. HELP

interior looks its age, pretty beat up but not terrible. 174k miles on the clock

MR2 has 142k on the dial. that interior looks sexy tho

everyone has a miata, idk anyone with an mr2
test drive them both and get whichever one piques your interest more

Ask about pre-cats. If no do it ASAP.
Check soft top reservoirs for blockage. if its blocked then it might have interior water damage.
Check if it has the diaper, its actually important. Ask about suspension as well, the shocks might be leaking or ready to be replaced.

Other stuff of note: No cruise control, bare bones interior, and no trunk.

Is that MR2 pic by Alice's on skyline

Easy, the rx7 for sure. It has an engine made of memes

It really does look like shit until it has some body kit/work on it which is really backwards.

How fantastic does it look with this bumper, hood, wing, and fucking eyelids. It's looks amazing!

Wtf how do you put eyelids on a car and actually make it look better.

This pic makes me want to "rice" or modify an MRS and slap a 2zz in it or do a turbo 2zz or 3stge build for mini supercar. 3stge apparently can make 600+hp on stock internals.

now that you mention it, it looks like it
apparently it's from a norcal mr2 group

funfact: rx-7 is mid engine car
there are a few cars that have mid engine configuration with engine in the front
aside from rx-7 cars like s2000 and the miata come to mind

i am sexually attracted to this image

is the diaper really important? every MR-S I've ever worked on has had them completely fucked or removed. The completely fucked ones are a pain in the ass to r&r since they look like a bizarre puzzle that is missing 80% of the pieces.

I haven't looked into precat failure but apparently it is a big thing with these cars...Thanks for the pointers user, the MR-S is closest to me so I will probably go look at it this weekend.

rear mid engine you dumb cuck