/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Can't Go Wrong Edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

>Previous Thread:

First for Death!

Hello~

Second for bullying.

>mfw killing that shit every playthrough
always kill a traitor before an enemy

Third for old arisen.

When it says that Hindsight slash "becomes stronger as attacks are evaded", what does it mean? Do you get bonus damage if you Iframe things or? I'm betting it's yet another translation muck-up

yeah, if you dodge an attack it does a lot of damage and has more knockdown power

Doing a hardmode playthrough with my pawn (Panther) being boosted through the maingame and then some on my main account, I'm trying to steer clear of yellow vocations completely since I rely on them too much, whether it's me or the pawn, but can you think of any yellow-exclusive augments that I should 100% go for in general? I'm thinking if playing fighter/warrior/MK mostly for this playthrough, I can only think of leg-strength as something I might want

>4 npcs with max affinity
>only saw Madeleine and Julien glowing
Should I be worried?

looking for a Utilitarian/Mitigator/Medicant 100+ Sorc with Voidspell but without any Affinities.

Anyone got one?

WWYD?

I killed that bastard for the first time yesterday. I was expecting Mercedes to be all upset that I interfered but she wasn't.

I'm going to kill him every time now.

Do YOU as arisen gain the benefits of the Wyrmking ring castspeed buff if your pawn is the one who has it in their inventory and vice versa?

Will a Fighter pawn perfect block just about anything possible? Like how a Strider or Mage will roll/jump away from an attack?

Was thinking about starting a new game with Family Share to make a Fighter pawn.

Yes if its possible and if the ai thinks it should be done, pawn wont block attacks if it thinks offense is better at that moment

Any pawns 89 or lower want a rent? Going to be messing around post-dragon and do some everfall stuff.

a queer shadow approaches

When a Mage/Mystic Knight/Sorcerer enchants weapon, does the magical damage depend on the caster's Magick, recipients Magick or both?

>open your eyes!
>eyes are open as arisen falls to the ground
what did they mean by this?

Actually, Make it 90 or lower.

>un-optimized Portcrystals
>messed up grigori finger
>still decent

>un-optimized Portcrystals

What?

had them set up for questing not speed running.

I'm guessing Arm-Strength(50% less stamina consumed when climbing enemies, Strider)
Then again, I don't think you are supposed to climb that much as red

Maybe Efficacy (20% more effective curatives, Ranger)

Values are off wiki. After quickly looking through the Augments list, those are the only ones I would want my self if I went red only.

Can you enable dodge-rolls as an assassin using a sword with the dll hook input? Looking to spruce up the game to lengthen its lifespan

Wouldnt that be too much of a cheese

AUGHT

Probably, but the game encourages a lot of cheese to begin it and there is no harm done since it doesn't affect the multiplayer, but as far as I know, you can't mix-and-match skillsets

I love the dopey way they all just look up into the air.

Should I, lads?

pound it

>That roastie blonde

>Not the bro jailer who asks for money to free you from the cell

Of fucking course.

And it's done. Now to see if Grigori is paying attention.

>bro jailer who asks for money to free you from the cell
>instead of the based blonde of many jewings who asks for money all the time just because she can

Room for one more lower level pawn, just started ng+. Post your pawn if you wanna get him/her in the ride

I would do ANYTHING for Madeleine

By Carmilla take care, you are hot as hell and a great support in fights, but now it's Aria time.

Cherri 25 strider shes thicc and needs to be taught

Rhodesia, level 33 Warrior
Going to turn her into a Ranger or Strider eventually but not until I get that rank 9 augment that increases Strength

When you use it as a sort of counter it gets stronger. Its damage isn't that great in any case, but that knockdown power, man.

> Iframe

I think only its third level has i-frames, but maybe I'm wrong.

>Going to turn her into a Ranger or Strider eventually

Neat, but why that chest armor and hair, you can do better than that.

What are those gears?

Sorry, could not find Cherri. Rhodesia gets on the wild ride then.

Should I, lads?

Nah.

(Nothing)
Cassardi Shift
Meloreian Plate
Meloreian Armguard
Laced Leggings
Meloreian Greaves
Farewell Cloak

>hair, you can do better than that.
I wish. Tried all the others, and they're either too straight, or look too unwieldy for a fighter.

The Whore of Gran Soren

> and they're either too straight, or look too unwieldy for a fighter

Eh, mine was an instinctive reaction and you are right. Personally I wouldn't have used it but I understand you were searching for a more aggressive hair style and the game doesn't offer many fitting choices.
Even the fashion as a whole works pretty well, sexy but pretty warrior-esque without using overused equipment. I just hate that piece of chest armor, I guess.

She already got enough shit, instead of that give her a lovely pie.

It's a little bit of both. I have an overclock i5-2500k running at 3.9 GHz and DDON takes up nearly 90% at all times despite the game looking like shit. With a google search, it seems other people are having the CPU usage problem as well. If you have a more modern CPU, it should be fine. I can hover around 45 FPS most of the time.

Huh. Thanks for the reply, that's interesting.

>Now to see if Grigori is paying attention.

He will ask around.

>gorecycolops can throw boulders
Well, that's new to me.

That kind of attitude won't get me anywhere good, user.

Are you sure you know what you're asking for?

>Are you sure you know what you're asking for?

Yep, if you know what I meant.

Oh god, I'm not good enough to hit her with my singular pie at point-blank range.
Hopefully she got the hint all the same.

Gonna do more Daimon runs, post pawns for free RC, any level is welcome

The list has a lot of active pawns. If you picked up some of the lower level ones Im sure the general would appreciate it as a whole

Thanks Bro

Apologies, I didn't realize this was a new thread here's the most recent (from yesterday)

the pawn sheet in th-

oh, Thank you

Go away little slut.

to be honest, can't find anyone, trying to find someone in that list without knowing the true level it's like searching for a needle in a haystack

My Strider hasn't been added to the list yet since it wasn't updated. If you want to use her.

Level 90 female Strider named Crimson.

can't even find you even after multiple refreshes, there might be a problem in my part

I took a rest at the Inn. Should work now.

oh found you now

I do, in fact, but I want to get that achievement for clearing all missions so I need to do your shitty questline all over again.

>did all of Quina's quests, pretty sure she's at max affinity
>did all of Ayylinore's quests, but gave her Barroch's bottled diarrhea
>did all of Madeleine's quests and put a ring on her
>Julien is at max affinity in the dungeon
Who's it going to be, /ddg/?

Good thing they imprisoned me together with all of my gear and there's a giant gaping hole in the cell next door. Let's go, gardener guy.

Asswhoop just ate an exequy like it was nothing. First time I've ever seen Tenacity proc.

Arsmith

>all over again.
You realize it's cumulative, right? You only need to beat each quest once across any number of playthroughs.

Madeleine.

…oh.

it's blockable with a shield

It only benefits the one holding it. You'll need extras if you have multiple casters.

Caster's base magic but it caps at 300.

Set your pawn availability to private, then rest at an inn while online to collect any outstanding rents, then start a new game. If someone already had your pawn before you set it to private I think you're always given a choice whether to accept or deny the things you received from rentals, though I've never actually denied anything so don't know if that will cover everything should it happen to you.

Julien or Valmiro.

>Valmiro

If only cuz, if only.

Nah, it was tenacity. His health dropped to 1 and he has the aug equipped.

well if you dont mind, Rheya is level 38 and she tries her best She can't do any damage, but she'll keep holy boon up. Appreciate it bro.

I'm just speedrunning to daimon and blast arrow him, I only use pawns as stash with legs for arrows

Sweet! Shes a bit small but has Sinew on

>Valmiro
Last I talked to him, he wasn't even blushing. That'd be a pull.

Quina, cos. Go talk to her.

Objectively what would be the best level to set your pawn for randy hires?

>too afraid to summon others pawns in case they die and see my character with 999 hours play time
Why is life so hard?

any lvl between 40 to 100

>in case they die

But you can rehire them, rest at the inn, and it's like they never died.

Around 50.

You have to rehire AND release them before resting in the inn, so it overwrites the death.

Shit, I guess I need to get on that then.
I want to run around with some companions to get my bestiary knowledge filled out on my pawn so that is refreshing to know.
So it only sends the reward if I sleep, not anytime accessing server comes up?

Make your own pawns and never release them.

Isn't this one of you guys? I think I remember somebody posting this fashion a couple threads ago.

Yeah I remember it
I was asking about a good red ranger and I think that was posted

Neat. To whoever that is: you died like a bitch, holy shit.

>not even becoming the god-king of everything can save someone from getting sick burned
Damn, son.

That's what you get for wearing the fucking asura armor.

Woah there, sounds like we got ourselves a badass.