/divg/ - The Division General

Just started the game since it was on a pretty decent sale over the holidays - Edition

>Update 1.5 patch notes
tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/news/152-275402-16/the-division-update-15-survival-patch-notes

>Twitter/Forum
twitter.com/TheDivisionGame
forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498-The-Division?s=05301fb84bc812f6898090faf8670414

>Best guide is best
docs.google.com/document/d/1g6wkNuXw0VJiymTqa79Yze7iJPNjMi35zerzd31fN6M/edit#

>Wiki is dead but we have this
divisionfieldguide.com

Discord: discord.gg/mG7Sjcu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j0I8EfUUtgI&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is the division really dead on Veeky Forums? It's a shame to see.

Its completely dead on Veeky Forums and almost completely dead everywhere else, Imagine Destiny but if Bungie didn't lapse under peer pressure every six months and shit out small packets of content.

Balancing and Pacing were garbage for far too long for the balancing patches to make any difference.

There was literally no content after you finished the single-player mode.

It was actually more mindlessly repetitive than Vanilla Destiny.

The only entertainment in the game was the dark zone, and its flooded by such autistic garbage that its impossible to enjoy, and any request by the community for the game to have a non-pvp deadzone for the PVE players resulted in the vocal minority of the PVP trolls to throw such a bitchfit tantrum that any dialogue was cut off instantly.

That game is beyond dead, that game is just another ambitions ubisoft title with high potential but no use of it because the devteam is incompetent, how Massive isn't disolved, how anyone there still has a job is fucking beyond me.

that's a shame to hear, I'm having fun with the game so far, but I guess I'll just enjoy the singleplayer for what it is.

hey..i just started the game too..i pondered alot before...but there is no other 3rd person shooter that comes this close...The game is not great but will have to do.

Yeah I know, I got platinum in like 5 days, I was number 4 worldwide on every leaderboard, PVE kills, PVP kills, extractions, mission completions, k/d, etc... but then they just stopped giving a fuck about it and I quit.

I checked recently out of nostalgia and on most leaderboards I only dropped 10-20 spots, I'm still in the top 100 on all of them, after a year of inactivity, that should tell you how dead the game is.

>There was literally no content after you finished the single-player mode.

This is how im feeling now. I had a blast finishing the LZ maps 100% with friends, but logging in just for dailies isn't doing it for me. They need some repeatable content that isn't too mindnumbing. Possibly altering enemies with random effects and bonuses, or changing map routes and spawns.

Survival should have been a full on game mode like hardcore in Diablo. Rather than just a quick 2~ hour single run session.

I'd definitely still be playing if every piece of loot mattered, heat, food, water, and medicine were factors, etc...

I have no interest in playing a temporary character.

>Go into DZ
>Hear some chewing over a microphone
>Don't see anyone
>Pulse not revealing anyone
>Single bullet out of nowhere kills me instantly
>You've been killed by XxX_SumFag_XxX
>Revive in safe house
>Walk out
>Cheto choking noises intensify
>Pick a different safe house
>Walk out
>See a group of NPCs
>Start shooting at them
>Attention, going rogue, You've hit XxX_SumFag_XxX
>Chito chewing sound stops
>You hear a long wheeze winding up
>Oh boy, you don't wanna do that
>Sound of mountain dew can opening can be heard

And that was the day I quit playing the Division.

You give up quickly, probably a fail in real life also?

Yeah I give up quick, its a game, was I supposed to keep deal with mouthbreathing autismos? What do I accomplish? some e-penis feelgot shit nobody gives a fuck about? Grow up faggot, you wanna be "the king of internet" you go right the fuck ahead see how much real-life value that translates to.

I run alot in the DZ for farming or rogue hunting, I have 3 characters, 1 is DZ rank 99, 1 is DZ rank 90 and 1 is DZ rank 50 now. I have seen just about any situation in the DZ and still did not give up, I love running DZ.

Great, I mean if that's what you want then do that, but why exectly do you think that gives you a right to be an offensive little bitch to me? Because you're a while I have to be one too? I play games to have fun, not to ego stroke, because that shit, all of that you said, your level 30 holy paladin with +7 orcslayer of judgement or whatever, it doesn't exist, you are aware of that right? Who gives a fuck if you give up with a videogame, the power goes out tomorrow and you're literally nothing, you can't even access your numbers. Get off your high-horse faggot, you're probably the same kind of trolling garbage I was talking about in the first place.

lol, did I hit a nerve? :-))

>37 posts
>5 posters
You're way too desperate and self-important for a dead game in a dead thread.

You need to update your shit, game is more alive and has more players than it ever had!

>40 posts
>5 posters
Why? I came here to see if I might try coming back to play for a while, and I found a dead thread flooded by pointless screenshot by a self-important asshole who instantly made me regret even considering giving this game a second chance with his instant jump to dickmeasuring.

Nah mate, this game is garbage, it'll stay garbage as long as the playerbase consists of people like you.

I am happy that faggots like you stay away from the game, I can do without shitty players like you!

Why don't you put a trip on? You're acting self-important enough for it so why not make it match?

Please, tell me you fucking nigger, in this thread with just the two of us, what the fuck are you here for if you're going to act like a festering sack of shit to everyone that even considers playing it?

What am I saying, you're too much of a bitch to answer seriously, I am literally betting my life that you can't respond like a proper human being. Like I will genuinely slit my throat on a live cam if you tell me why you're so upset, why you're so self-important, and why you think you diserve to be treated as anything other than a sack of shit.

I don't want to die, but I don't have to, you're just a little castrated bitch without enough balls to face his own insecurities.

Fuck you kiddo, keep telling yourself your autistic DZ rank means jack shit.

Whatever, I'm out of here, enjoy talking with nobody about nothing, that's pretty much all you diserve you pretentious asshole.

Your mother will die in her sleep tonight if you don't leave the Division for good.

Have fun.

lol, you are right in some areas, I have no balls, correct, I am a girl afterall. And I have over 2300 hours in Division, this game has no secrets for me anymore. And I am not upset at all, I am just 1 of the best players in Division and I come here just to enjoy the frustrations of people like you, lol

And btw, my mom died already in 1998, :-)

are niggers aloud to play this game?

Ded game

Man what a bunch of whiny faggots.
Game is playable again though, ever since those patches that rolled out in Sept/Oct made the pve experience fun.

It did all of jack shit and the game is still fucking terrible.
Like slapping a bow on a miscarriage.

Sounds like it's not your type of game m8.
Play something else.

>make generals for weeks
>ded
>theres like 3-4 alive threads and 50+ ded ones
>give up and stop making threads
>see this

Thanks user, you made my day.

Anyone here play on PS4?

No.

yes, when im not playing destiny/overwatch.

NAME???????

you first

Did they ever fix their Anti-cheat system?

No.

Wow this game is great.

guess he doesn't want to play...

It really isn't.

It's pretty fun desufamsempai

Provide factual verifiable proof it is anything but a smoldering shitstain thats been polished a bit.

They really do drown you in loot now. Problem is the rng sucks big fat floppy penis. I just got back into playing along with my group of friends and after a few hours of missions and dz, im spending a ton of time sifting through garbage roll stuff to maybe get one or two decent items.

It balances out i guess considering the recalibrating gets expensive after you dont get what youre rolling for. You can sell all the crap gear for funds and phoenix creds are easy to come by now.

Dz on xb1 always has the same gamertags popping up rogue. Bands of hardcore gank squads that do nothing but ruin peoples experience every fucking day. The only reprieve is if some naive group comes in and stubbornly battles with them, allowing your team to farm in peace away from the fighting.

After you profide factual verifiable proof that it is a smoldering shitstain that's been polished.

>proof
Play the game. Theres your proof.

Want more? Check out the review of each major update that pan the thing like crazy by literally everyone.

Joe Ferro did nothing wrong.

I play it, and it's pretty fun desufamsempai.

Then your opinion is factually shit.
Case closed.

asspussy

I'd like to argue the same about your opinion, you clearly have no taste.
That's unfortunate, for you.

Mines backed by a few thousand others, game reviews across the gamut, and 99.9% of people that played the game. Yours has no such substantiation.

Show me the evidence faggot.

The dead as fuck game, the googleable reviews that range from the beginning to every single major update, the playerbase that abandoned the game even after the "best" update the game had.
Hell look at steam(biggest playerbase currently) and you can see how it went from 1k to 13k since the big update then back the downward curve happened instantly with zero hesitation.

You just sound salty as fuck, you don't have to play the game or be here if you don't enjoy it. Everyone knows the game had a rough launch and they released patches that really hurt the playerbase, but after the PVE rework and the recent updates that have hit since sept, it's not even the same game. Enemies are't giant sponges like they used to be, encounters are fun and rewarding, there is an actual end game now instead of just playing the dark zone. (which is on the brink of receiving an equally as impressive rework as the PVE update according to ubisoft.)
It's not number 1 on the charts, but it's fun and has a good endgame with lots of replayability, if it hadn't taken ubi almost a year to get the game into the state it's in now they would have a much larger player base currently.

>some repeatable no difference shit or a crappy repeat maze somehow makes "good" endgame
No.

>salt intensifies
name one game that supports online multiplayer co op and doesn't use repeatable content or procedurally generated content with variances for it's end game.
you can't

So I played my character for three days and farmed all sorts of set pieces and try stuff with them.

What's the best dps wise?

How to max my turret damage? I want it to do all the work for me.

Atm I just farm for barretts bulletproof vest because it's the hip thing to do and I get instant invites.

I forgot!

AR or SMG and why? Or a custom L86 A2? It compares pretty well.

he ded

he knows I'm right.

please see
V
V

Nah i had shit to do.

Anyway, you're right on the bit where thats how MMO's work but most find ways fo make it last longer than 5 minutes and switch this and that up therein. Usually they make it give out some kind of worthwhile reward as well though, as in this case, thats apparently optional.

Dif dude here, but someone who dropped this game after the first month and recently came back. The underground has the random dungeon aspect with varying objectives per section. You can eventually work up to a 3 phase mission, and apply modifiers like the skulls did in halo. This gives you more exp, more bosses, and more crates. Also they added new items to collect, usually 1 per run, like an audio file or folder. So if you actually liked getting the phones and guides that gave a bit of a background story, theres more in the underground.

Hey you fucking nerds, Last Stand Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=j0I8EfUUtgI&t=0s
sincerely /r6g/

That's a big turret.

None of the Expansions does anything for me.
I would have had more fun with 6 or what new story missions.

After that Ubisoft moves on.

I picked this up for 15 bucks on console during the holidays, havn't played it yet.
I don't need any of the dlc right? Is there a story mode I can just go though and be done, or is there a lot of grinding or shit I need to to in the middle.

>have a potato pc
>division still runs at 60+ fps on minimal settings
>clear 100% of single player content and stop playing because there's nothing to do
>a few months later buy season pass on sale
>everything is fine but a couple days later there's 2.5 gb a patcg with like 4 patch notes
>loading times increase significantly
>character forced to run then to walk while the world around is loading
>only can play underground normally because the maps are small
>this even happens to some people with better computers
T-thanks, Massive Entertainment.