/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #655 - Goodbye Freedom Fighters? Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-LmJ12d0I
previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC161283
youtube.com/watch?v=8AMiwKhm3uI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RIP

PANIC

>Next arc is based around the Freedom Fighters as individuals
>Comic cancelled

Really makes you think

This is the worst day of my life

Cause Yoto is kill.

>Pic
Is that a challenge?

Honestly, Nicole should be the only one kept when everyone none-game canon gets dumped. She's the only good FF.

>/v/ is a fucking mess right now thanks to Switch news
>even things like Bomberman's return, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Dragon Quest are being shitposted to hell and back

He is?

Him and at least half of our drawfags aren't around as much as they used to.

She's the worst FF. Even moreso now in the modern era when people sort of know how AIs actually work.

>She's the worst FF.
I want you to shut the fuck up.

To be fair, that's because the last few threads have been rampant with shitposters from /trash/

Good fucking riddance. Maybe the brand can be salvaged from waifu shitposting and relationship drama and focus on what's really important: the games.

If only Swatty was more vigilant.

Yet I got banned for "inciting flamewar"

Seconded.

(you) can go back to

As a guy who was more into AoStH and not really into the comics that much. I feel somewhat saddened by this, but I have to say, I manage to deal with no AoStH. The memories won't go away, we can still draw and talk about the characters and they won't get ruined by stagnation over time.

After a few months we'll find new hobbies and series to follow. Things end, it's sad, but we can move forward to enjoy new things.

Not to mention, it means Ian can really spill the dirt on everything without SEGA or Archie holding his tongue. Not to mention that it's very possible we'll get a new comic, and maybe even get to see the SatAM characters return, other franchises have embraced their sillier past.

Gotta say, I'm happy I didn't get very invested in the reboot like I did in the pre-reboot. Even if the comic survives, the past year has had constant problems and worry over the comic's state and well-being, I don't think I could go through all that anymore.

When is /v/ not a mess?

This won't stop people from daydreaming about Amy, or Rouge, or Cream.

See? You can't even muster up a simple defense because she has no personality.

This. And put the focus back where it belongs: on Sonic and Eggman, with no shitty friends to upstage the main character

Not him, but post-reboot her and Sally were worst and second-worst when it came to have an actual established character. Nicole was basically "Sally's imaginary friend" and that's about it, and anything even slightly interesting about her was either ignored completely or barely touched on. Ian probably intended to develop both over time, but it resulted in both being pretty bland and irrelevant.

Guess he's back. Remember to report him and his samefagging.

Make that CLASSIC Sonic and CLASSIC Eggman. Like it's supposed to be.

Remember folks. Report this guy.

Better than daydreaming and bitching about however-the-fuck-I-don't-care many waifus that the comic has/had. I'm not even a classicfag; largely-hated characters like Shadow and Silver and whatnot can be good characters if written properly. Sonic isn't like Metal Gear where you can cut out most of the interactive stuff and still tell a story; there needs to be a game behind the plot to make it truly compelling.

>People are actually sad about the shitty comics ending
>People actually care about Sonic's devient art looking friends

God, damn, no wonder the series was in hell for a good 10 years, appealing to fuckers like you was the wrong choice. I'm glad Sega's finally wising up. We only really need Sonic,Eggman,his robots and Tails. Knuckles is overrated and Amy is annoying, I'll accept Metal Sonic back so long as he sticks to the CD design and doesn't fucking talk.

Nah, she's still pretty good.

I really didn't like what that arc did with her character. I thought Nicole had a really interesting and unique thing going on, starting out as a purely soulless machine, and gradually developing a personality through interactions with others. It said a lot about how formative good friendships can be, and also about, for lack of a better term, "discrimination", against machines like Nicole. "It can't think it's just a computer", "it can't feel it's just a computer", "it can't be your friend it's just a computer", "it can't be a hero it's just a computer", etc. Suddenly saying that she is actually based on an organic being's brain just fucking ruins all that.

You're still objectively wrong about her being bad though.

Fun fact: The only outsider should be Sticks.

I dare anyone to attempt to prove me wrong.

Sonic Battle basically did Nicole's primary character arc better than the comic ever did, in only a single game.

Fun fact: Princess Sally should still be a thing.

>Not liking cute AI girl slowly gaining sentience and learning about friendship

Fun fact: This series should only feature Eggman.

I dare anyone to attempt to prove me wrong.

No fair bringing Battle in, it's one of the best pieces of storytelling in Sonic, if not the best.

Fun fact: this series should feature absolutely no one. It should be only about beatifull landscapes.

Sally is fucking shit.

>slowly

That's the issue. Her story arc moves along so fast that we don't even see her before she's just another character. We don't know why she wants to gain sentience, we don't see her being pure AI, she's just a dumb cat sleeping in a digital box.

Someone brought up Emerl, that's a great comparison. We see the events that turn him from a stone-cold machine into bro of the century. Same with the Metal Sonic/Shard story.

Skelly with another post.

>Sonic walking/running simulator
I'd be fine with that, if only for one game. The levels would have to be absolutely fantastic to do it though.

Who do I need to Allah Akbar? Sega or Archie?

The only good Sally is Post-Reboot Sally. All the others suck ass.

>game with only Eggman
>Eggman sitting in a dark room, lonely, quietly singing E.G.G.M.A.N. to himself

Fuck you, SONIC only.
Any other characters are not allowed.

I'd play the shit out of an Eggman simulator.

I know this is bait but people who even think like you ironically belong in graves

Sonic is bloat, just use who he was modeled after. Although I heard he's busy starring in Odyssey

Archie

Man, this situation is completely fucked.

If they're avoiding talking about it, then it's definetly kill.

A sad day.

Fuck Riverdale.

YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW

This isn't good enough for Sonic the series, they should just use [/spoiler]Alex Kidd[/spoiler]

FUCK EVERYONE

I'm so mad that I'm going to go have sex with my gf now

youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-LmJ12d0I

How do we get Riverdale cancelled?

Dunno if it was said in the past, but Universe 95 got pushed back to the end of February. Solicits had it set for the 8th, but now it's the 22nd

That was not said in the past, is there a source for this?

Hopefully you won't feel so mad anymore

Absolutely nothing.

It'll probably do that itself.

Can someone tell me what is 'Riverdale' and it's replacing the sonic comics?

>Sonic comics are fucking dead
>Have to branch out to find something else to read
>Decide to finally get caught up on Tails gets Trolled
>Hasn't updated in a year

IT'S NOT ARCHIE. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RIVERDALE. IT WAS SEGA.

Sincerely, someone who fucking nows.

Even if the comic is kill I don't think this is the end of Sonic comics. I can totally see them returning under another publisher, but we will probably lose the FF.

I saw it in a non-Sonic /co/ thread early this morning.

Here's a site with it.

previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC161283

Same date as 292's (which hasn't changed).

Riverdale is Archie's answer to all those live action comic book shows that are popping up.

Except, instead of super heroes and whatnot, it's fucking Archie.

New CW Darker & Edgier Archie show.

One of the early character bios for Moose said he has a soft spot for milfs

youtube.com/watch?v=8AMiwKhm3uI

Was it because of the lawsuits, or because Boom wasn't a smash hit?

That's the worst part. They haven't given a reason. They've remained completely silent.

I can't fault Sega for making good on their promise. All the problems this comic has faced stem from either Archie' s greed or incompetence. If it does turn out Sega pulled the license I hope they let someone pick up. Now would be the time for anyone interested anyway.

>IT WAS SEGA
As a result of Archie's incompetence.

Sega's never gonna own up to it though. So I'm putting all my hate into Riverdale.

I see beautiful days

And I feel beautiful ways

Of loving you

Everything's true blue

And on what grounds do you know?
I mean it was probably Sega but still.
What do you know that we don;t?

Tell Sega to let IDW continue the book.

you can claim you know all you want but the majority of the staff is in the dark

so unless you rank above the artists....

>inb4 they're just saying they dont know

That's because he gained sentience by eating emerald shards and punching people.

SEGA pulling the license is the only theory that makes sense to me.

>If it does turn out Sega pulled the license I hope they let someone pick up
So do I, but keep in mind that things could always be worse.

It's a fine enough theory that SEGA made the decisions based on Archie's past mistakes, but it doesn't change the fact that the decision was not made internally at Archie. Archie has already paid out of pocket for more issues that will now never see print which is a 100% net loss for them.

If people used their fucking brains for a second they could put it together that it wasn't Archie's decision to cancel the books.

this makes the most sense.
>"if you get us into any more legal trouble we will pull the license"
>proceed to get into legal trouble

also universe and mainline disappeared at the same time.

>assuming the artists don't know
>not assuming they're just not talking about it because of professional obligations

I'm here. I just lurk. I've just been drawing other non-sonic stuff lately.

They shouldn't say anything in that case. I don't really take Skelly for a liar.

Skelly was already shown to not know.

>it wasn't Archie's decision to cancel the books.
But they put themselves into a position that would lead to it happening.

What other legal trouble? The fucking reprints? They should of stopped reprinting old shit as soon as the reboot happened.

Archie is so dense.

Probably coupling the Kickstarter thing with Fulop

I wonder if legalanon can dig up something from his side.

So which of the Egg Bosses deserve to have their story arcs wrapped up before the end?

Skelly is not exactly at the top of the food chain