Mid-Engined Corvette Spied Again!

It was caught testing on snow with the Corvette ZR1.
>SPY SHOTS

The news is from Motor Trend and the shooter says GM tried desperately to conceal the mid-engine Corvette’s bodywork, covering the car with a black sheet and attempting to block it from view with two Silverado HD trucks.

Here are some few pics.

Article with 20+ pics here
motortrend.com/news/spied-mid-engine-chevrolet-corvette-caught-winter-testing-zr1/

But when the sheet inevitably did come off, it was impossible to hide the mid-engine car’s proportions, especially next to a front-engine Corvette. Seeing the mid-engine Corvette and the ZR1 side by side, we can more clearly see the differences between them. The mid-engine Corvette’s hood is much shorter than the C7’s, and the whole car looks like it’s been stretched from the B-pillar back. The hood line is also lower on the mid-engine Corvette, another clue that there’s no engine up there.

A sneaky peaky look at the interior.

Hehe

With the ZR1

"As we’ve previously reported, GM’s mid-engine supercar is expected to join the Corvette lineup alongside the existing front-engine offerings. The ZR1 would be the highest-performance iteration for the front-engine Corvette range, while the mid-engine car, rumored to be named Corvette Zora, would be positioned as a true supercar-fighter designed to take on the best from Ferrari and Porsche — not to mention its cross-town rival the Ford GT. The mid-engine Corvette could receive a new DOHC 6.2-liter direct-injected LT5 V-8 that was leaked in an internal GM document. The ZR1, on the other hand, may get an evolution of the Z06’s 650-hp supercharged LT4 V-8."

--

MotorTrend

So what you bois think about the new spyshots?

hopefully the ass looks better than whatever they managed to hack up for a these tests

looks fine desu from what i can see the lines look tyte

Good to see some non retarded exhaust in it

Another random user said it was a cadillac xlr

I say it looks awesome and the idea of a MR corvette is truly nice.

>Gook fans on suicide watch

>mid engine proportions
Or it's just a hardtop convertible based on the corvette platform.

But surely they're never made one of those before

they better fix the back end top and bottom of back need to be rounded off and the front could use some too

Why is a mid engined Corvette needed? Isn't the FR Corvette already enough?

>tfw Lincoln will never make a supercar

>>SPY SHOTS
I really hate this spy shot clickbait bullshit. This is clearly just a get hyped photoshoot. I mean, its not really a spy shot if you are STANDING IN THE FUCKING ROAD as the car drives by 4 feet away.

GM usual pissing match and infighting

they have been trying to make MR since the 60's all which flopped

>Why is a mid engined Corvette needed?
GT class racing. The car can not compete with the 488, Ford GT, and 911 rsr. I think GM got really used to racking up GT class wins.. and now they can't.

I imagine this will be purely for homologating. For it to be a sales success.. it will need to offer hypercar performance. It will need to perform at Ferrari The Ferrari for a 488 price.

judging from depth of field and image quality these were done from very far away with something like a 500mm or 600mm lens

even the ones that appear to be 4 feet away are pretty heavily cropped

t./p/

Negro...the photographer is in the fucking road.

hey look, a person that has never held a real camera.

user, look very hard at this pic. If you look very closely you can see the driver of the pickup is looking right at the photographer. Its not a photo taken from 500ft away m8.

BECAUSE
ITS
COOOOOOOL