/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Simulacrum Removal Service Edition

Frontier News Network 6 released. New maps & game mode coming.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 6
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-6-13/
FNN updates come every two weeks, on Fridays.
On Saturday the 21st we will be having a tfg private match session for PC
pastebin.com/50QRbJad

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

>Doomed thread

Other urls found in this thread:

xboxclips.com/Interscepter/a174a3e8-edab-43ab-9289-f36e19caad42
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw you escape from the doomed thread

Is there a way to change the sound packs of the game to some of the TF1 ones? I wantsome of that IMC menu music

what kits should my ion have?

i have been using the eject nuke, the spitter beam and the dome shield

>nuke eject
>not extra dash
you're doing it wrong
Ion should never be at a range where the nuke eject will even work

Overcore or dash

Vortex Amplifer or try out refraction lenses

mines are literally useless

I don't care what /tfg/ thinks, the EVA-8 is fun, no other gun lets me make flickshots this satisfying

mines are for throwing on titans when they get called down. they get forced right into it, or funneled in the other direction. also massive aoe catches pilots constantly. not useless.

I was using it because it was getting overrun with ronins, all of which seem stupid enough to get caught in the nuke.
Now that I'm fighting better people I can see why it's bad

>what is the Wingman Elite

I now have stim on all of my classes except my sneaky-sniper class. My only complaint is that Initial D doesn't play when I use the ability.

FAST LYFE

>Tripmine
>Useless

I beg to disagree

>flicking with projectile weapons

I'm not a psychic user

>I'm not a psychic

Huh, sucks to be you. I'm two steps ahead and Six to the Fourth Dimension

COOL VIBRATIONS
heheheheHEHEHEHE

you gotta do the math, user. WE is a combination of perfect flicks and cerebral aim. you could even say that it's twice the pleasure!

are all the snipers projectile weapons or are any hitscan?

Double take is also twice the pleasure when you get that juicy flick headshot on a fast target.

>team up with scorch-pal
>lay down mines while he smokes the buildings

I know it's not much, but it was my first really dominant game with the softball.

Couldn't have done it without your guidance, /tfg/.

DMR is hitscan.

Okay so the only time I have ever died to mines is when I have rodeod a titan and they walk over their own mines that randomly go off and kill me and its fucking annoying.

gj fastboy

What is it with console kids and taking screenshots of their TV and then poorly covering their name for some reason?

Good job tho. rhs1413 was a real benefit to your team as well.

DMR is hitscan. Kraber and Double Take are projectile.

top kek

>mfw three laser shot goosers in a row after dooming three titans with one core (and a mine)

So that's why I'm the only moron using a double take

at least its fun

I just don't understand how you can do that badly lol.

My entire loadout is full of nothing but fucking memes

I've got a fucking holopilot/shitfire loadout thats bright pink

send help

yep, even worse when you see that he had a titan

makes me think for sure

That doesn't even make sense. He should have 12 from 2 pilot kills and 2 grunts. Why 11?

>really like stim because instant GOFAST button feels so damn good to use
>trying to use pulse, holo, grapple, or phase makes me miss it so much that I switch back to it within minutes
>know that relying on it so much makes me no better than the slows who can't snipe without sitting on a roof with cloak
get a feeling so complicated

Even the 2nd worst guy had a bunch of AI kills...it was a strange match for my team.

I have no idea, actually.

Thats the power of Pine sol baby, I mean ADV.

Was it tone as well?

Making sky jelly of ejecting pilots with Ion is truly the best.

Personally when I activate my almonds I just use grapple and go maximum fast and vertical. Who cares if you use stim to start a run going maximum fast as long as you continue going fast after it runs out its just a way to start fast immediately. Also nothing is worse than phase shift crutch.

What's memetier about pink?

All my loadouts and titans are pink.

What if pilots who are near death get put in their titan as life support?

the double take i swear just locks on to people's heads sometimes. like i'm wearing a smartgun from aliens and it's just tracking the whole time. it's scary.

EVEN IN DEATH I STILL SERVE

It was Ronin, actually. Still not super surprising.

Can Titans do that? I know in the SP, Jack's drop pod has an injector, so I guess more advanced Titans might have them too.

>installed new RX 480 weeks back
>fixed my driver issues on the same day (all from one fucking Windows Update)
>play Titanfall 2 again at much higher settings

It's like a brand new game. I'm mostly just glad people are still playing it.

it'll wear off soon user. nothing feels better than running holo/grapple (passive tactical) and out-maneuvering people running phase shift/cloak/stim (active tactical)

God, Holo Pilot should not in any way feel this damn satisfying, yet it's the only class I ran for an entire generation.

So haven't played since this was released.

What's changed?

Nani! Ronin is ez mode for killing pilots!?! Plus this is console with auto aim and his score doesn't add up. He is obviously a wizard.

Don't forget that you can Relive all the cool shit you do.

warhammer has some stupid fucking designs.

Something to help out with people trying out the Mastiff for the first time. Although, still trying to figure out the various sights in relation to ADS spread.

user

The Dreadnought is actually the least of your worries

>baby strap grey knight
Erase this thing from my sight

Like how is death even real? like just get in your titan. like just regenerate haha!

>mines are literally useless

That thing at least vaguely looks like it can move. Still fucking stupid though.

Ronin is very good for that, but I've found (on console anyway) that there's a huge skill range for Ronin pilots. Some are fucking aces, and others glue their melee button down. He was the latter and got annihilated by 6 (SIX) enemy Tones.

Smoke+mines can be tricky too, if you can position them just outside the cloud.

Oh the Dreadnought .literally Waddles

Its quite cute actually

The XBOX HUGE projectile size at range certainly helps with that.

I mean to be fair on PC I've never actually ran into these fabled folded over 9000 times Ronins that are good. Then again I play Northstar and just rape their face through the block lol. Also 6 tones

Anons how the fuck does the double take work

it seems like someone glued the shittiest parts of the DMR and Kraber together

>go up against a stack of [tfg]
>rest of my team leaves or is afk

Official but inferior.

It's a huge projectile that travels same speed as kraber bullets. What's not to like?

Slight delay as it's a projectile.
Headshots are insta-kills
projectile is a horizontal line
as such a little easier to aim
amped is insta-kill anywhere
ironsights are better than a scope.
I like it
Note: These are opinions and not necessarily fact.

Phase shift should only be one charge desu

Yeah, I can't count the number of times some person has gotten away with batteries, both mine and friendlies with using both shift charges.

was this already in the /tfg/ nerf list

this never gets old

So pulse blade is insanely good with that one attachment that shortens tactical cool down. Seriously, completely shits on players who just use the meta and can't handle that clairvoyance.

I fucking love fighting Ronins as Northstar. Tether+smoke+hover can really disrupt their weebstick.

6 whole Tones, no exaggeration. I thought i was imagining it until I saw them all crowding the same lane.

>Tfw can't concentrate with throbbing headache
>tfw no one in tfg accepting my network invite
>get sad cause I am always carrying as ronin
>frustration when team is shit
Xbox we better have a stack tonight I can't handle much more of this

i actually like the variable scope
i like dots

xboxclips.com/Interscepter/a174a3e8-edab-43ab-9289-f36e19caad42

>Grapple isn't fun

Multi-Rope driftuuu

Arc Grenade should also be cut to one charge.
And/or have its fuckhuge radius and absurd slowdown heavily reduced.
It's nonsense how much better it is than anything else.

I had tossed out a random Ion Tripmine earlier and got a Double Kill with it. Anytime I even get even one kill with it, I'm just like, "That worked?"

>Don't forget that you can Relive all the cool shit you do.

Been meaning to play with that feature. Last I tried it, it crashed, but that was with The Evil Within, so who knows.

A lot of the stupidity becomes more acceptable when you look at the original designs
While I'm fond of some of the new stuff, the old orkz, slaaneshi, and muhreens were leagues better than what we have now
the absolute state of that custom moulding
use a thinner bloody layer of epoxy or don't use your fat sausage fingers to mould

1K+ with the DMR is respectable. Hitscan or no, you gotta be a good shot.

NIGHT OF FIRE

Yeah I agree. Either cut the radius or change it to one charge.

git gud at snapshotting to a pilot's theorized trajectory. get used to the lead and then let muscle-memory and reflex take over.

>Glorious Nippon steel folded over 9000 times cut through filthy westerners

>Use superior Nippon phase shift to dodge filthy no honor railgun

>Get in superior fighting stance but suddenly can't move... NANI

>Use superior Nippon steel to block electric smoke and cluster missiles

>Filthy westerner cannot damage me through my skilled blocking. Wait how am I doomed!?

>Kamikaze filthy western pigu who just walks away and snipes me out of the sky.

That's how I like to imagine every ronin I shit on is thinking since they fall for the same shit each time. Shoot em to waste their phase then tether and blow em up and shoot em in their face for max damage as they walk at you blocking then dash away when they poorly try and nuke you. I know they are just thinking "how the fuck did he do that much damage through my block?"

box-noughts are objectively better than the older models in terms of appearance

unless you preferred it when they looked like this

>*flanks really fast behind you*
>*dumps arcwave and leadwall into your round dyel body*
>*phase dashes behind you*
>*executes you*
I love northstars thinking they are invulnerable because they are standing cat the end of a corridor

holy fucking shit

does it count if his k/d was better

tone was kind of nerfed but not in any way that actually matters
and they broke Ion, if you vortex hitscan bullets and it massively cranks up splash damage for whatever reason and you almost instantly doom titans with it.

I expect that second will be patch out soon if it hasnt already, I havent played in a couple weeks

I never really like the way dreadnoughts looked, but yes I think that design made with modern molding techniques and THINNED PAINTS would be superior to the squat fucker we have now

No, but it doesn't mean you have to like him.

>[DnK]

I can hop on and join around 10 PST, I'd be more than happy to join any invites then

My internet has fucked up PS4bro, on my phone currently sending this, I'm up for playing tomorrow though if youre up for it.