Do you need to go to college to be successful in business?

Do you need to go to college to be successful in business?

no but college grads are way more successful in business as a group.

you pay for an education to get a job.
you self educate to build a fortune.

No, but it helps.

This 100%.

Most people go to college to get a job and get rich.

I dropped out to work while getting rich so I cold afford to go to college and learn how to more properly handle my biz and financing without becoming a fucking liberal. Being 15 years older than. All the college kids should give me a little more pep instead of plugging along alone. Will hopefully feel younger and have all sorts of new perspectives from younger minds. Possibly can use my newfound small group of friends to launch a biz or at least keep from becoming obsolete until I am old and smart enough to pass the torch

Juat dropped out of college after realizing I don't want to fucking be an actuary and I can make more by selling on Amazon. Now I'm just raising capital for whatever business I want to start in the future. I hate college. College is just procrastinating. Is procrastinating from starting your career. Start your life NOW, and decide later if you really really need it, because you probably don't.

This. Unless your major isn't a worthless meme degree or you don't have a idea more profitable than college (e.g. Bill Gates) it's good. Only quit if the major doesn't improve your career prospects, may it be for employment or enterpreunership.

What are you studying?

>Is procrastinating from starting your career. Start your life NOW, and decide later if you really really need it, because you probably don't.
No, not really. It's maybe true in your case but not everyone has the same goals and dreams in live you have. Why the fuck should someone who wants to become an engineer not go to college directly? Or someone who wants to work at a bank? Sure, 50% of all college students have no idea what they want and are in a shitty liberal arts meme major anyway but for some people it makes sense. Some careers are simply not accessable without a fancy piece of paper. And even if self teaching is accepted in the field you still need to invest time in it.

Short answer? No.
Long answer? If you're still thinking about "what kind of business should I start" you're already fucked. Business ideas are fucking worthless without execution. Even then it all comes down to timing and a bunch of random factors. Magiccab was the first attempt at an uber like service. Literally the same exact concept. Snapchat wasn't successful until they changed their name to fucking snapchat. That's it, a fucking name change. Same software, same exact function, but the name is what made it work. There's no formula behind starting a successful business. Do what you know and share it with everyone for free. Give, give, give, and when you finally ask you'll get 100 times what you put in. Snapchat is a free service yet the owners are fucking billionaires because they wanted an easy way to get bitches to send them nudes.

Take all the money you'd spend in college and move to a big city. Get a gym membership at equinox, eat at the expensive restaurants, dress the part, fit in. Surround yourself with greatness and do everything in your power to push out as much value as you can. Build relationships before you build a business.

>Snapchat is a free service yet the owners are fucking billionaires
How? Does it even have ads? How do they make money?

ads and branding. All in house. No middlemen.

It has ads? What about instagram? I've never seen any ads on it. What is branding, all in house and middlemen?

Instagram has a lot of ads, plus they probably make a shit load of money off selling data

First part was good

Second part is horrible horrible advice

> If you're still thinking about "what kind of business should I start" you're already fucked.
PREACH IT!

brands pay for promotional filters. All promotional tie ins are paid for.

There's a nugget of truth there though. Surround yourself with successful businessmen and it'll rub off. Surround yourself with NEETs and you stay NEET. Few people have the deep self drive to maintain a friendship group without becoming sublimated to it.

Also appearances count.

No

Didnt they just fuck over all the FBA on amazon with new rules and restrictions?

>Instagram has a lot of ads
Where?
>they probably make a shit load of money off selling data
How? What kind of data do they sell?
>All promotional tie ins are paid for.
What does that mean?

To start a business? No. But it does help to have a degree that gives knowledge of an area (e.g. Elon Musk has an engineering degree iirc)

To get a good job in an existing business, the degree is fucking essential

>Snapchat owners are billionaires

Paper billionaires

Snapchat is not profitable yet, hence the panicked rush to IPO.

That meme model of business is being quickly swept away as VCs realise they're just dumping money into ideas that can't make money

when you scroll through your timeline, there are targeted ads. In addition they sell general "promoted" ads

they track your likes, follows, etc. then sell that to marketers who create the targeted ads. they are actually very good at ad placement and often users will not even recognize the ad because it fits into a users timeline

Go to good school gtet good degree ask me

.or you can bang nails electric plumb n be mad decent.

Go ibvy come out making 120-150 n not doing back breaking labor

You don't have to college but there's a lot of survivorship bias in those success stories

Key differentiator always hard work