/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Sharing is caring edition

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda prizes on MyNintendo
Twilight Princess Picross:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/93fc36d80848c6dc
Link theme for 3DS:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/82df9c18e92f49fc

>TloZ Card Game
gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-trading-cards-listed-online/1100-6439912/
It will include Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time, and Skyward Sword cards.

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zw47_q9wbBE?t=1m42s
youtube.com/watch?v=vbMQfaG6lo8
youtube.com/watch?v=eQC7ZQcyPoY
youtube.com/watch?v=WlBjGgqRRbo
timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170303T00&p0=248&msg=The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Release&font=slab
youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ONLY 1063 HOURS UNTIL BREATH OF THE WILD IS RELEASES, ARE YOU GUYS FUCKING READY?

P L U M P
L
U
M
P

Wait if all Switch controllers have motion in them does this mean I can't pay the game with the Wii U pro controller

Reminder that Sheik is MALE

No wii u accessories are compatible with switch.

However, the motion controls in the joycons do make a remastered skyward sword possible, which is neat

Welcome to another edition of "learn2hylian", by the autist with too much time on his hands, HylianAnon.

For today's word, we will learn the word for the fish people of Hyrule. Useful for those who want to chat to fish waifus.

Favorite mask?

Utsukushi sakana~!

Thanks to the user in the last thread who fixed up this piece! I finished the outlining and I think it works better this way. Go wild with it.

The "Z" is surprisingly similar to our alphabet. The "R" is really hard to decipher though.

using the Wii U pro controller on the Wii U is what I meant

Nice job, user. Tomorrow I'll use your template for some spicy meme.

Is it March 3 yet

PRAISE THE PLUMP

►▼►▼

>Newfag can't triforce

Can't unicode is more like it.

►(A)▼►(A)▼

>Miyamoto: "Mr. Aonuma is the producer for Zelda. If we don’t create another one, he’s going to be out of a job, that should be his motivation for another one"

I still can't believe how 10/10 this trailer is

youtu.be/zw47_q9wbBE?t=1m42s

I'm actually more apprehensive about the story after seeing the trailer. Zelda is giving me major Yuna vibes. That's not a good sign.

At least the gameplay looks fun.

Oh. Yes. You can do that. The only motion controls are the standard optional gyroscopic aiming controls as far as I know.

Goodnight /lozg/

>However, the motion controls in the joycons do make a remastered skyward sword possible, which is neat
Literally all I wanted was an SS without motion controls, it doesn't even need graphical improvements.

The Stone Mask
If used right (other than the Triforce) it is the most powerful item in any of the games. That is because what it grants is not invisibility but inconceivability. If I could pick one item to have right now in the real world, it'd be it.
Imagine, you could stroll into anywhere and up a steal anything even if it had an entire militia guarding it, stories having reached them of an "invisible theif" You could literally stroll up to a guard and hold the item he's supposed to be guarding to his face and he'd see YOU an IT but his mind wouldn't be able to see anything wrong with this picture. And as soon as he looked away, he'd forget. Better; there would be nothing to forget beacuse the very concept of you wouldn't even enter his mind.
>This guy in a mask is holding a diamond in front of my face
>....
>"I really like this gig Tom. No fucking way that invisible fag will be able to steal shit with all these infrared sensors we ha-WHERE THE FUCK DID IT GO?"

kek
when did he say this?

Eh, she'll probably go from a whiny little girl to some sort of hardass afterwards.

Daily reminder that a weapon isn't a waifu.

Is there any footage or screenshots of Link wearing this shirt in-game?

The treehouse e3 stream

It would probably be incredibly useful, but it isn't infallible. At least one or two people, and some types of enemies, see through it.

Actually an infared camera would probably work. And if anyone caught on they could easily find a way to get you.

"Alright he's in the hallway. You're orders are to take your squad and wait for my signal. I'll give the signal once the other end of the hallway has been blocked off. As soon as you receive it, open the door, and shoot down the hallway. Aim EVERYWHERE. Keep shooting even though it'll be empty."

For me it's gotta be either the Zora mask or the bunny hood.Though I'd prefer to have Majora's Mask.

Less than 45 days until BotW.

Y-yeah, well I like the bunny hood. It's cute and stuff. So there.

so that's not an essential aiming mechanic

behold, the mask mask

the sand walrus

On the subject of masks, what the fuck is up with the all-knight mask and why does it look like a piece of S&M gear?

I was wondering that myself...

Yes.

What did you guys think of this?
youtube.com/watch?v=vbMQfaG6lo8

I thought it was terrific

Extremely well done, though it got a bit corny with the evil laughs.

It is a torture device, after all...

Going by previous zelda's no, the motion controls were almost always optional, and could be mapped to the second analog stick instead

Eh. It looks very nice, but they fuck some things up and try too hard to paint HMS as evil. I hate how they made the fairies look like they were made out of glass. Also, look at those comments. Nothing but cancer.

Your tears remind me of my own, but I honestly don't know how it would play without motion controls, the entire game was built around them.

>it doesn't even need graphical improvements

yes it does

1061 HOURS, REJOICE, WE ARE ALMOST TO THE TRIPLE DIGITS FELLOW COMPATRIOT

It's an amateur 0 budget project. The fuck did you expect?

Very impressive for a fan project but it kind of highlights my issue with the shift towards realistic textures. I think the primitiveness of the N64 graphics were actually a boon in that it helped the world itself feel surreal and removed from reality, the video looked like a mundane real-ass forest. MM also had a lot more going on than being dark and creepy which a lot of fans seem to focus on. So I applaud the video very much on technical skill, it's just that that's pretty much the thing I value the least when it comes to art.

I meant more that I don't care about that and if their idea of "improvement" is like WW HD where they over-saturate everything and add a bunch of bloom then I probably don't want it.

It's either a torture device, or it's so uncomfortable to wear you actually can't fall asleep.

Maybe even both.

It's almost been a week since the new trailer dropped and I'm still hyping myself over it.

I'm trying to distract myself by playing other vidya, but it's not working.

The only thing I want to do right now is play BotW.
And any game that I try to play is just blatantly. not. BotW.

What if it turns out to be really mediocre

>he video looked like a mundane real-ass forest.
That's because it IS a mundane real-ass forest.

They filmed in a forest and put the 3D models over it.
youtube.com/watch?v=eQC7ZQcyPoY

>some of you guys are alright. don't go to Nintendo tomorrow

I will freely admit the boner I have for this series as a whole will influence how I judge this game.

Even if the game ends being less than stellar by any and all accounts, I'm biased as fuck. So I'll probably end up convincing myself that I had fun either way.

I'm going to enjoy it no matter how it goes, just like Skyward Sword.

It would be TP all over again. Honestly, everyone being so trusting about a hype trailer makes me wonder if no one remembers how much everyone was creaming themselves after the TP trailer only for the game to turn out just okay. I'm going to keep absolutely no expectations, good or bad, until I play it.

That's probably why it bugged me, I think the realistic look would be a better fit for OoT, MM has such strong art direction that it doesn't really mesh well for me. But I guess it's only reasonable for a fan project with no budget.

I wish Nintendo would make a Majora's Mask equivalent using BOTW's assets/engine.

Reuse as many assets as you want and make a smaller, more concentrated title so that we don't need to wait twenty years for another 3D Zelda game.`

I wish that too. Although I don't like BotW's art style or colors very much but if it lets them be more experimental like with MM then I'm all for it. Plus quicker releases.

On a second thought, maybe the overworld not having music is not a bad idea. With music, you would probably get sick of it after hearing it so many times.

For a game which focuses on having a confortable and calm setting and atmosphere, I guess it works not having music on overworld, even thought I think music is important for games.

>Reminder that Aounuma likes the Master cycle and wants to see it in a game he's working on

Ive been ready for 2 years nigga. Let's go!

Wait did this really happen?

And why the fuck did the abandon the magic meter? God damn it.

>still hyping myself over it
Dude I'm obsessing over it and it's bad. I need this game.

We still might get something akin to a magic meter user. We can't say for certain yet.

Though honestly I doubt it too, seeing as how fire and ice arrows ostensibly don't run off any sort of magic.

Magic has been outdated in zelda for awhile. It's all about the Stamina.

Hyrule Warriors worth it?

yfw one of the items you find is the Harp of Ages

Hyrule Warriors Legends is yeah. The definitive version imo

youtube.com/watch?v=WlBjGgqRRbo

Worth a Wii U? Not if you don't have some other game to buy.
Worth playing? Hell yeah. If you get legends, though, make sure you have a proper *new* 3DS with graffics powah.

If you like Dynasty Warriors style gameplay then go for it.
HW is literally just that but with Zelda aesthetics everywhere.

>defeat Calamity Ganon
>end game cut scenes show people getting on with their lives
>later there's a scene where link is staring at his sheikah slate looking at his reflection and smiles
>credits roll and the usual landscape scenes are shown
>cuts to black
>suddenly the Master Cycle is shown and two figures are seen talking
>after a few seconds go by, they go their seperate ways
>one figure wearing all green walks toward the bike ang gets on
>the camera pans from the ground to the figure's face
>Link smokes a cigar, turns on the Master Cycle, and drives away

Don't listen to this person

FUCK

timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170303T00&p0=248&msg=The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Release&font=slab

I keep this in a separate tab and sometimes click over just to stare at it.

I have to admit, based on the gameplay I've seen, even if they just released the world and systems as a sandbox without any story or even dungeons, I'd feel pretty good about dropping $60 on it.

You guys going with buying the Switch at launch to play Zelda or are you going to play it on the WiiU?

The Switch really doesn't look like it's worth it at the moment, and graphical/framerate wise, there's not a 300 dollar difference.

I don't have a Wii U so I'm just going to get the Switch because the Wii U will be obsolete soon enough then. Besides I want to have the best experience possible anyway so I might as well go with the latest hardware.

Is there really going to be no music in the open world?

I don't own either console at the moment.

Only real reason I want a Wii U is Hyrule Warriors and Breath of the Wild. If I owned one, I might try and buy Mario Kart or Bayoneta 2, just to convince myself the console wasn't a waste of money. And no, Smash is absolutely not worth it, to me.

Mario Kart is coming to the Switch, though, and Arms looks like it might actually be OK.

Same here. Switch disappointed me alot, but I'm gonna buy it anyway

I'm interested/concerned about the reported graphical differences between the Wii U and Switch. I have neither of the consoles, so if the Switch version really is drastically better I'll be getting that. I'm hoping most of the Wii U's differences are because the gameplay is from an older E3 version.

I would've preferred getting a Wii U because of the cheaper price and larger library, but we'll see how things turn out.

>And why the fuck did the abandon the magic meter? God damn it.

That's because that video is showing one of the early prototypes of BotW. Many things and content where changed between the VGA teaser and the first gameplay of E3 2016, which may include the magic bar. It was either removed, or kept, but only obtainable on the middle of progress. We still don't know anything about that.

It looks like so. There will be music, just not for overworld.

Like how I have always said, I will pirate it for my Wii U.

Switch. Got the console and special edition payed off

I'm an RPG fan, so it's the Switch for me despite already having a Wii U.

I hear a lot of grousing about "no games", but the Switch already has some kind of SMT announced, plus Xenoblade 2, Skyrim (which I have not played), Setsuna (didn't play that one yet either), and Octopath Travelers (which I'd play just for the visuals).

I realize most of these aren't exclusive, but if I can get them all on a handheld that will also run BotW and whatever other Nintendo titles come out down the line, that's good enough for me.

Wii U. Bought it for Mario Kart and Zelda and I'm sticking to it.

Plus I'm too poor for a Switch.

SHEik, sorry

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

>I hear a lot of grousing about "no games", but the Switch already has some kind of SMT announced, plus Xenoblade 2, Skyrim (which I have not played), Setsuna (didn't play that one yet either), and Octopath Travelers (which I'd play just for the visuals).

Keep in mind that these were just announced. Nothing else. They were just announced. No date, no nothing. Don't fall for it.

It could come out late 2017 or not in 2017 at all, hell some of them could get cancelled for all we know.

Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft pull the same shit every generation. Don't fall for it.

Also seriously reconsider Skyrim. It's not as good as people make it out to be.

Not saying that Skyrim is shit as a way to be dick about it, but it's like 2 bucks on Steam every sale, and it runs on every toaster imaginable.

It ran at 480p, that is a bit low, some 3ds games run at higher resolutions

This is how I feel about skyward sword in a nutshell. The game has major flaws but I still enjoy the hell out of it.

Aside from BotW, which was delayed past the console's expiry, were there any games promised for the Wii U that didn't make it?

Waiting for a 2018 release is no trouble for me. Between Zelda, Splat2, and my already sizable backlog, I'll have enough to keep me occupied.

I'll think again about Skyrim, though. It did seem that BotW would be a more than adequate substitute.

I think they did better than Hollywood would have done with it. I'd go to see it if they made a full film.

Here's an example of horseshittery by Nintendo
youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk

I'm buying a Wii U so I can play Wind Waker and Twilight Princess first. I'll probably download the DS games too since I have a shit laptop that can't play DS games properly. Then once I've played all the games in the series I'll get Breath of the Wild for Wii U.

Isn't that just a tech demo?