Truck thread

Truck thread
Post your trucks and discuss other's

Im game OP.
Just bought this fine lady today off an old man i work with.
2003 Silverado LS
146k on the dash and 50k on the motor. Brand new tires, new fuel pump, and immaculate inside and out aside from scratches in the bed from not having proper liner.
Kbb and edmunds quoted it at $7k using the mileage on the dash. Theyre selling in my area for $9-10k in similar condition.
Bought this one for $6k.
Pretty proud of my purchase.
I was looking at the Ford lineup myself due to how plentiful and cheaper they are but this silverado fell into my lap and i had to take it.

Nice truck. looks great in red.
looking at a Silverado from 2000 with a regular cab.
Ive heard that they can develop a knock and the internet says its likely piston slap. some people run lucas fuel injector cleaner through their car and it goes away but that doesnt sound like a permanent fix.

Just here to remind y'all that the Ram is for people with daddy issues.

Ehm, probably a silly question, but don't you think those wheels & tires are a bit too small? Or is it just the angle/lighting?

Now that is some clean looking shit - treat her like a lady

Still loving my Hilux... I don't think I'll ever want a non-pickup DD again

Hmm havent heard that myself but i wouldnt doubt it, theres always that one something that could be wrong.
Thats why i love buying trucks off of old guys, you know they werent "racing" or pulling some dukes of hazzard shit. I feel it was well taken care of.
My last truck was regular cab and i just dont think i can go back to it. It was one of my biggest gripes, just nice to have some sort of back seat to throw shit in.

muh TRUKK

That doesn't even make any sense. Where's the correlation?

I originally wanted a Yota but the MUH YOTA tax in alabama is so fucking high, people selling tacomas for $9k that are beat to shit with 250k miles on them.
I get theyre reliable and practically indestructible but god damn

i no rite. my mom bought the truck 9 years ago for $7k. I see people selling reg cab 5spd 4x4 1st gen Tacos on CL for that much and more all the time. They seemed to have bottomed out on the market. Get a pre-86 for dat IFS anyways, IFS is suffering.

Chevy all the way. Gotta 1995 3500 turbo diesel with exhaust,induction,propane,and chipped. Also just got a 2001 3500HD same motor, had to exhaust it. Has flatbed. These trucks make me money pulling equipment and job trailers, on the cheap.

>and practically indestructible
Most trucks are practically indestructible if you use them the way the average Tacoma owners do.

>Most trucks are practically indestructible if you use them the way the average truck owners do.

Any of you guys do any bolt on mods to your trucks?
Mine is a 4.8L v8 and id like a little more low end power without getting stupid expensive.
Will exhaust and CAI suffice?

more money will be spent than power added

>small penis thread

I bet you faggots don't even use your trucks for work related things, i bet you've never loaded one single thing in the bed or towed anything with your trucks. No no no, i bet you fags just drive them just to look like tough guys because you all are probably weak pansies without one, you fucking posers. There's probably real working people out there that actually needs a good working pickup, but no.... faggots like you guys buy them just to add stupid lift kits and go offroading, completely ruining the truck.

People who own Rams have stepdads they don't like.

I kind of figured, looking up info on HP gains for specific mods kind of had me wondering why anyone would even bother. A nice deep rumbly exhaust would be nice but not for that kind of money.
Is it true that certain mods will increase MPG? that would be worth looking into IMO, might pay itsself off eventually

The average truck owner is a company, and the drivers often beat the shit out of them while putting them to work.
The average Tacoma owner uses it the same they would a Camry and babies the shit out of it.

Have you relocated the PMD or swapped to a Duramax fan?

Exhaust isn't restrictive enough to matter on a stock 4.8.
Factory intake is a CAI.

It came with PMD relocated, did a clutch and duramax fan upgrade, got a A Team turbo and KOJO tune

Started a thread about this the other day, figured this would be a good place to ask.

I'm buying a truck made between 2012-2014 and I have one simple question for you.

Silverado or F150?

Always been a Chevy guy, but the F150s are a bit more plentiful at the price I want.

Obviously both will be the V8 offering, fuck that Ecoboost shit.

They are both pretty good trucks.
I had a 2013 F150 with a 5.0L v8 engine. Its a reliable engine. Though I did have to replace the water pump like around its 107k mile mark. Experience may vary

>The average truck owner is a company
I guess it depends where you live. Here in Texas...no, the "average" truck owner of any make doesn't use their truck for actual work. On any given day I see 1 beat up actual work truck for every 60 shiny clean unused trucks.

Looking for something I can drive to 300k+ miles if I take care of it. A water pump going out isn't the end of the world so to speak. I do plan on towing once or twice a month with it.

The Chevys get like 2-3 MPG better, but hell, if I were worried about fuel economy that much I would get a Cruze.

So there's no construction or industry in Texas?

Id go Chevy, though ive personally owned Fords and never had an issue with them, always sold them with 300k+ miles and still running fine. Chevys seem to have a better reputation, though both should be easy to work on and easy to find cheap parts.
However youd really have to test drive the models you want and see how they drive and pick whats comfortable. Havent really looked at late model fords/chevys in person so i cant give a real good opinion.
Both have their cons but i love my Chevy

You think so? It might have been the angle, but either way I like them.

Well you didn't mention that... But i would prolly go for the Chevy then. Their 6L Vortec engine's longevity is quite impressive. Seen quite a few survived 400k+ miles.

Definitely too small. Are those 33s? Go up two inches in tire diameter and take those flares off.

Maybe theres more to owning fat, comfortable V8 pickup?
I get it though, i see that here too in AL, lots of lifted trucks on shiny rims and usually spoiled teen swaggers driving them.
Though you must not be looking very hard if you dont see many work trucks. You probably dont notice them next to the 2014 lifted and modded beast all shiny and chrome.
Personally i haul appliances both for work and fixing up my rental properties. However i can use mine as a work truck without denting and scratching every inch like a retard.

I dont see the point in lifts and big tires, heavier, less economical, tons more expensive to replace tires etc. But again, swag teens

of course there are actual work trucks, but MOST trucks are driven by people who rarely if ever actually use them for "work", outside of hauling a couch every blue moon or picking up bags of mulch or just driving to the office for "work"

if you start counting trucks in city traffic, the actual work ones are completely outnumbered by shiny little street queens like mine, meanwhile my neighbor's Tacoma has a utility rack, always full of tools and supplies and gets used every day for his construction job

I think they look small by normal standards but i like that look honestly.
What good is a bunch more rubber going to do for you anyway

c- can I play too?

>back when SUVs were trucks and not compact cuckwaggons

the lifted thing is kinda like when slamming trucks was popular, most of these big ass ones never actually go off road, just drive like assholes on the streets

I don't use my truck for work, but I use the bed on regular basis for home diy shit, etc. In a city of 1.5 million I see a lot of work trucks, but they are mere drops in the sea of these casually used ones.

Muh chevy

I had 3 suburbans, was great having the room for the family but also being able to pull the seats and have an 8' bed. I did the same thing with my minivan before I got one, but obviously the Subs can handle loads a little bit better.

Just got mine a little over a month ago, been wanting a truck for ages and this one popped up at the perfect time at a good price and in pretty great condition considering what I usually see in Maine.

Messed up, my bad

Anyone have good ideas for carrying in their trucks?
A guy at work as one of these and i think its brilliant, tucks under the wheel just enough to hide it from assholes probing your truck.

you messed up again

If that wasn't too expensive, say, no more than $60, I'd probably go for it. Personally, I just move my holster from 5 o'clock to 3.

I think the adapter is like $35 and you can clip any velcro or open carry belt holster to it.

My baby the night I picked her up

replaced my old '93 dakota with something a little easier to maintain

i have a chevy S10 can i be in your truck thread guys/

I think your missing some trim user!

How do you like to propane? Been thinking about doing LP or methanol my 93 6.5.

How big we talking? I leveled my F250 to fit 35's on it without rubbing. I'm glad they're on there. The DNR roads where i'm at are awful when its wet or snowy.

>Gotta hunt
>gotta eat

more photos user! I too have a f250 and want to fit 35's on 18x9's how much front lift did you get from your leveling kit?

I knew it was just a matter of time before some kid made the "bro, I bet your truck doesn't even work" comment.

Never got this sheep line of thinking. Who says a pickup can only be driven by construction workers?

I use my truck to haul a truck camper, my motorcycles, dirt and shit for my yard.

If I can afford it, I can drive whatever I want, you cheeky cunt.

Your pic isnt what i was talking about.
Im talking about pic related.
Too often ill see teens driving shit like this, with $1800 mud tires thatll never see mud.

These are 18x10. I levelled it 2 inches up front. It rubs at full lock to the left. Needs the trac bar adjusted. It has 35x12.5R18 mickey thompson atzs on the front at the moment. Getting coopers for it at some point.

Yeah. It is kind of silly to put a 70k truck in the mud though. If I had one that nice, I would only use to pull the trailer to CO from IA for elk hunts or to the lake for the camper/boat. I like driving mine. I also live in BFE and can take up 4 spots and no one has an issue with it. Mine stays mostly dirty unless me and the lady go out for a nice date night. I use it for my hunting shit too much to be concerned.

>35s no rub

Jesus. I cranked my torsion keys until she sat level then when I put 33s on I had to do a little trimming and I still rub a little when turning over dips.

>If I had one that nice, I would only use to pull the trailer

why in the fuck would you bother lifting and shit then?

Would a nissan frontier be a good alternative to a tacoma? Im tired of these jacked up taco prices.

Not just construction workers, but people who actually use their trucks for work and not turn it into some pavement queen fagmobile like most of you poser cucks do.

>if i can afford it, i can drive whatever i want

Typical brotrucker mindset. Literal retardism.

Found the butthurt kid with a lowered car.

Im sorry my lights blind you at stoplights.

>lol, im actually not. Enjoy the spots in your vision at night faggot.

$$$

so it's okay if they don't use it for work as long as they don't turn it into a fagmobile?

what's a fagmobile?

Thats the glory of a 99-07 F250. Any of the F250's really. Kinda sucks if you want to keep stockers on there though. Look underwhelming.

so the same reason niggers put gold on everything

gotcha

fuck that must be nice. My buddy has 35s on his Silverado but he has a long travel kit and fiberglass fenders and bedsides

>Trips
Same reason old guys buy brand new GT500's and only drive it to Sonic or Whattaburger every other weekend then lock it up in a container. Show off what they have. Look fancy. No skin off my dick

>projecting insecuritys this hard
Must suck to be beta
No, it makes them look like a poser.

I went from 22 MPG in mine to 15-16. Kinda sucks since I drive more highway than offroad. I'll probably get more of a street/AT tread and 34's next time. Or buy another car and drive the F250 less. Who knows really. I do think it looks nice. But I've never liked the jacked up 22X14's with nitto 420's. Nigger trucks are a pestilence.

>No, it makes them look like a poser.

so anyone who drives a truck that's not for work is a poser?

these fag rules are confusing

I love those trucks, but I hate the 7.3 tax and fuck the 6.0.

Butthurt child.

Keep bumping the thread, I like truck talk.

I think they look fine, 2bh huge tires on that gen super duty doesn't look that good. Skinnier tiers with a tall sidewall look nice on those truucs

also nice trucc

I don't think there's a lot I can do to lower my mileage. I'm getting 7-8 city lol.

pic related my truck the first day I bought it. It had 265s on it already and it comes stock with 245s apparently. It was a straight piesa mobile when I got it and had some electrical gremlins I had to get worked out, but after that she's been pretty sick. I found one of those tornado fuel savers in the intake too lol

Just get a another car, user. Trust me. Its better that way. Find a thousand dollar beater on Craigslist.

You'll also find that you appreciate driving your truck more when you do actually drive it. Plus less mileage, less wear and tear, blah, blah, you know the drill.

>still projecting
I bet you're just fuming because im triggering your microdick. Enjoy showing the world how much of an insecure beta cuck who drives a truck for no other purpose than just to look "intimidating".

7.3 and 5.9 tax is silly. Usually retard kids who got one from daddy and wants to resell and get a Dmax because thats what luke bryan sings about.
>fuck the 6.0.
Na I like mine alot. I think its one of the better sounding trucks, gets great mileage, rides comfortable (ford duh) and they're cheap. I got a lariat zf6 CCSB with low miles for 15k. Cant even compare with the others. Dropped some money in the motor and I got a solid rig. I love the damn thing.
Cons of a gasser
I'm gonna. Thinking of a fox body or SN95 GT. I like the new edge GTs a lot. they get okayish mileage for a V8, cheap and easy to work on, sound nice and wouldn't be too bad for my 30 minute commute. Who knows. you are right though.

Still better than anyone who drives a Datsun Titan. All the ones I've encountered have been total cunts, probably bitter about their poor life choices.

>fell for the diesels get good MPGs meme
>can't even get 12 mpg in the city
>get maybe 18~ on the highway
>stock 2006 Duramax, 33 inch Duratracs, 4x4, straightpiped only mod

brutal

I knew what I was getting myself into with the 454, but it's worth it

With the old 265s, Tires make a difference

You have a 6000+ lb turbo diesel made to pull a house. Why are you complaining about 18MPG? know what a 1500 ccsb gets? 18mpg. I get 22 in my F250 CCSB stock wheels and tires with the tuner.
They make a hell of a difference. Mines louder and likes to wander a bit but it looks 10x nicer and I dont worry about being stuck unless I am being dumb.

t. People with micropenises

should of bought a geo metro if you wanted da mpeegeees

>implying that's not pretty outstanding for such a large vehicle

Diesel is $1.009/L here, which is roughly $3.80/gal. Shit isn't cheap and if I can get a few more miles out of each gallon of fuel, it makes a long run difference.

I'm also a little concerned something is amiss. Never really heard of a stock LBZ getting sub 12 mpg city. I don't even really drive the thing hard. All the usual suspects are in check though. Tires all have good pressure, no haze at idle, no black smoke ever blown, fuel filter good, have run diesel injector cleaner and run diesel kleen every couple tanks, let it idle a few minutes when it's cold out before driving, etc. No idea what the problem is.

Been thinking of switching to a 5 speed Cummns 24v, or 12v if I can find one in good enough shape.

>s-someone does their own thing I know! Ill talk about their penis. That'll show how gay they are

>Projecting this hard

kek. Stay salty, stancefag

>mfw 6.5 inch benus

The cummins is a great motor. Everything around it is fucking garbage. And yeah, that makes a big difference. Turbo working well enough? Certain year Dmaxs had injector issues. Diesel leak even. Driving habit makes a huge difference too. I'm not informed on the LBZs so much so my googlefu is as good as yours.

>projecting while deflecting
Stay btfo
>implying this hard
Wew
>6.5 in benus
>Being this delusional

Truckfags literally this retarded

Injector issue years were 01-04. LBZ injectors are known to go for hundreds of thousands of miles given fuel has good filtration. Turbo seems to be working fine, cycles the vanes no problem and spools like a stock turbo should. No boost leaks that I'm able to identify or notice. I don't think it's leaking diesel, I'd likely be able to smell/see it on my driveway.

lol have fun rear ending someones truck and getting decapitated by their bumper.

>I'll continue to meme because im this assmad someone drives a truck

>Mfw I drive my truck to get shitty beer then plow my gf with my micro penis until climax then she kisses me and makes dinner for me

Join a LBZ or Durmax group on Cancerbook. Some have really helpful guys on it. 6.0 groups do.

>The older I get the more often I find I could really use a truck bed
>Borrow a full size truck from the old man for household repairs and hauling the trailer for moving
>Still want a truck but I definitively don't want a full size

Looking at Rangers. Debating on financing a 9k Ranger or just buying it outright off the lot. For whatever reason mini trucks really hold value around here.

I refuse to buy another GM vehicle despite the fact everyone praises them around here. I've had nothing but bad luck. Literally everything falls apart but the motor.

I like trucks

the 6th will make two months since I've driven mine :(

Posting my trucc in a trucc thread

the combined dick length of everyone in this thread (except for me of course) does not exceed 12 inches.

I thought I saw yours a few days ago but then I remembered it's rekt.

Going up to either Vail or keystone Monday

>abloo bloo people like stuff that I don't

literal cuck

this is where it's at as of two weeks ago. torn down but waiting for more parts. they say I should have her back around Valentine's Day.

What the hell happened

let me know. I got canned so I've got some free time haha. finally got my Meridians mounted and I'm really excited to try them out but there's no fresh snow anywhere.

an Eclipse spun out in front of me going 70mph