Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Soon to be nerfed into oblivion edition

>What's new?
Lunar Festival next week with some new goodies and a FREE COCK
youtube.com/watch?v=3oD8DrPANfw

>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation or try mode and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked, you'll regret it.

>Where do I find you dirt league faggots?
/join Veeky Forums

>Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20475280/weekly-sale-jan-17-24-2017-1-17-2017
>Current weekly brawl:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20477656/heroes-brawl-of-the-week-jan-13-2017-punisher-arena-1-12-2017
>Latest patch notes:

>Hero rankings, various statistics, talent calculator:
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

>For new players:
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE

>Tips and other useful resources:
heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>[EMBED] [EMBED] [EMBED]

HOW

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

reposted for new thread

>Soon to be nerfed into oblivion

JUST
CC
HER

SHE'S NOT GOOD. Then again, HoTS is class-ist against anything melee anyway

xth for Azmodan. You should try him out!

too bad it looks like shit in game

>rexxar worse after rework
>tass significantly worse after rework
>"hey remember how we removed all 1.5 second stun basic ability from the game because they're unfun and too easy to exploit? let give this invisibile hero a targetted one"

is blizz drunk?
I dont actually see valeera as all that strong, tier 2 at best, but still. a targetted 1.5 second stun is just fucking stupid

After wasting my life in the PTR, Valeera is really good but is not that easy to use.

All her abilities are based on the constant change between the passive and the normal abilities, smoke is fucking good but not broken while the second ult is pretty much meh.

At level 20 after just 45 seconds you can do over 8k damage with a single combo starting with the passive and ending with normal abilties , what needs to be boosted by talents is the fucking E, you can literally crush 1k damage in an instant while you charge it in 2 seconds again doing another 1 k damage.

Now it is broken? not really, zul'jin is broken as hell in the right hands.

Also dat delicious ass.

Did they actually try to properly fight back? I'd say high chance one or more of them disconnected and they gave up.

>Targeted stuns

Stupid.

Varian was great on release because of it.

She's the new nova, you can stump bronzefags in qm but she will be next to useless in hl.

>Entered rank play last week where I Started with Gold 5
>Is now at Silver 3
This is suffering

That's some pretty good info

>Zul'jin is broken as hell in the right hands.

Disregarded.

>new nova

Nice argument silvercuck. She's not the new nova, she's more like a boosted kerrigan that uses fucking energy to stomp on the enemy dps/healer.

All what you need to do is having a decent healer, and even better if the healer is good.

>She's more like a booster kerrig-

SOLD

>That uses energy to stomp on the enemy DPS/Healer

Sold?

>All what you need to do is having a decent healer.

Jumba?

>Nice argument silvercuck. She's not the new nova, she's more like a boosted kerrigan that uses fucking energy to stomp on the enemy dps/healer.
Wrong argument bronzecuck, Kerrigan have good team fight potential with her combo, ulti and shields.

>All what you need to do is having a decent healer, and even better if the healer is good.
>JUST HEAL HER

Hahahahhahahaha.

He's not like kerrigan at all.

t. Silver

She's nova without the burst (until very late) or kerri without the sustain, take your pick.

Not him, but Nova in the sense she doesn't really have an out, at least not immediately. Sort of like if Zeratul uses his E to engage. I might've missed a talent or something, though, but that's just the vibe I got.

Seems like people will just play her like Nova/Zeratul, run around, jump on their backline, get peeled and then blown to pieces.

Any questions, friend?

She's going to be great in gank/stun comps.

It would be a real shame if there was a tank that had really good tools at initiating, did good damage and was really good at ganking.

That would be a terror.

>Any questions, friend?
Yes

Is this the suffering of being an European player? Where there is a good chance half the team doesn't speak English? Sure I do fuck up at times no matter what class I play but it's hardly my fuck ups that costs the game

Yeah that is about the rank you'd have to be to think Zul'jin is ever broken.

>zuljin in masters
>30th highest winrate

>zuljin in bronze
>third highest winrate

Just stay away from the enemy tanks, if they come close to you or any dps just use D and W to stun and silence them.

EASY
A
S
Y

>He thinks kerrigan us useful at high elo
I bet you're one of those silvercucks that can't even climb to Master or GM.

Valeera has countless stuns, bleeding, slow, silence, and invisibility that is not even broken by tower shots.

LEARN TO PLAY KEK.

>LEARN TO PLAY KEK.
>kerrigan is bad

I think you need to learn my friend :)

>kerrigan has the fourth highest winrate in masters

>All this Kerrigan talk.

I'm NA, so I can't really sympathize with the language barrier. Generally I'll just disable chat, though, especially if it's just Platinum or low Diamond where nobody says anything useful

>Sure I do fuck up at times no matter what class I play but it's hardly my fuck ups that costs the game

Okay, try to avoid taking offense, but try to avoid having this mindset. Always look at what you could've done to make a difference, even if the game was lost early. Take as much away from every game as you can.

Not him, but he honestly didn't look very good. Does he just shit out damage, or something? Haven't played much recently.

they all deathballed mid for the whole game.

Yeah he shits damage but he has no mobility, cant stick to enemies, subpar waveclear and two subpar ults.

Zul'jin does decent damage, but he has two shitty ults. It's what hurts him the most honestly.

>Samefag silvercuck thinking the win rate means certain hero is good
>don't even play on that division

>bronzie pretending he is a gm
Go post that generic tyrael pic that people keep posting here pls I want to laugh.

I've been taking the level 13 talent that makes you move faster when you use q and lacerate at 16. Helps a lot, but suffers because it's so late in the game.

really activates my almonds

>try to avoid taking offense,
I do when I play support, I try in the rare cases I go assassians. But when I play warrior (most of the time) then my job is to take the offence, I also tend to have the problem of finding the fine line between engaging and overextending

Okay, cool. It originally looked like his auto attacks were what he had going for him, but I figured he would have to be lower/riskier to be worthwhile, otherwise he'd just be a worse Raynor.

His AP build just looks...unreliable?

His AP is just not good, his blades are too easy to dodge and you have mana issues all games.

>Picking a screenshot from google

Try again kiddo.

How is Taz'dingo considerer anything but great?

Not an argument :p

His AP build is fine, but it relies on Guillotine to be a finisher and Guillotine is fucking awful. Guillotine is the big reason why that build is worthless.

Most of the time it doesn't do anything. You pop tazdingo, the potential kills just run away and you sit there waiting to die by their teammates.
And that's even disregarding the whole "get stunned/blinded/etc. and your entire ult is useless" aspect of it.

Yeah because using google images and come here to pretend something you will never reach is a really good argument.

You're simply pathetic.

>90 second cooldown.
>Always dead after it expires.
>Artanis is in every game.
>Any type of CC still fucks you.

If it made him unstoppable or something, or had some type of base healing for damage you did it would be good. As it stands you usually just delay the inevitable and then die accomplishing nothing.

Again, not an argument.

really gets my nogging jogging

>blown up before you can use it
>get cc'd after using it
>they just walk away

I could be wrong, but that's just what I'm guessing happens. Or he pressed it and three people get AA'd to death instantly, which probably happens a ton in the depths.

Oh, what I meant was just to avoid having the "I couldn't have done anything" mindset, even if you couldn't have done anything.

I wonder which of you is going to run out of laughing images first.

Wait was it really a google image? That's fucking sad if true.

Level 20 make it so that it heals, and if he is teamed up with Tassadar then he can survive after using it as well.

The prove is right hehre but you know how shitposters in Veeky Forums are he is just going to ignore it and believe he won some kind of imaginary battle on the net.

>Editing the same google image with his account

Jesus christ, seek help you have a serious brain damage.

>Valeera can take a right clicker out of the game for 4 seconds
>Zul'jin's Taz'dingo lasts 4 seconds
They can't keep getting away with this.

that's some dedicated shitposting

I know it does, but you don't pick a hero for a lvl 20 talent and he doesn't have an ult till lvl 20. Tassadar enables a lot of heroes, and in almost every scenario I'd rather have one of them over Zul'jin.

I mean fucking Leoric and LiLi both have insane lvl 20 talents and nobody gives a fuck.

>I couldn't have done anything mindset
oh that kind of mindset, yeah I'm more of a "It's not all my fault" kind of mindset

Admirable.

Yeah, don't do that, friend.

>FUN & BALANCED TIER
Braxis Holdout
Cursed Hollow
Dragon Shire
Infernal Shrines
Tomb of the Spider Queen
Towers of Doom

>MEH TIER
Battlefield of Eternity
Haunted Mines
Sky Temple
Warhead Junction

>REMOVE FROM ROTATION TIER
Blackheart's Bay
Garden of Terror

>I mean fucking Leoric and LiLi both have insane lvl 20 talents and nobody gives a fuck.
>tfw Leoric is my favourite warrior and among favourite characters
Now you're just hurting me user

But even at level 20 his heroics aren't as strong as you wish them to be

Braxis houldout is not balanced at all.

Fuck his heroic upgrades. Spectral Leach is insane.

I think they are talking about kunt fu hustle and spectral leach

Holy fuck I hate the PTR chat

>Haunted Mines not in remove tier.

>CHEESE TIER
Haunted Mines
Blackheart's Bay

>SEMI-CHEESE TIER
Warhead Junction
Battlefield of Eternity
Infernal Shrines

>BARELY CHEESE TIER
Braxis Holdout
Tomb of the Spider Queen
Garden of Terror
Dragon Shire

>UNCHEESEABLE
Cursed Hollow
Towers of Doom
Sky Temple

All I can do really is to play as best and I can and hope my team aren't a bunch of retards. There was this one game on garden of terror, the victor was ours to take.

After a long hard match that has been mostly in the enemies favour we managed to wipe the entire enemy team and get the terror, all that was between us was one gate to smash to and the core. So of the terror went and I went after it (as Tychus) and my heroic was ready to go, victory would have been ours because we got the core down to 33%

But we didn't win because the rest of the team stayed and defended when one would have been enough, so because of that we lost the game later on.

>all the hgc teams in both regions banned the same 3 maps

That's kinda funny.

Towers of doom is shit. SHIT.

My bad

It's late for EU

>Sky Temple in uncheeseable
push through bot lane and win game the map

>our core has 1 health
>enemy core has 34
>kill them in every fight
>capture every altar
>invade every sapper
>win

Easily the most satisfying game I've ever played. Kept saying in chat we had the late game and to just hold on.

>also Remove Blackheart's Bay, Garden of Terror and Haunted Mines, please. :3

the boss lane is important on every map but you dont win by default by pushing it

nice.

Why do you niggers hate garden of terror? It's the best "big" map and has niches of usefulness for almost every type of hero.

>lvl 20 valeera doesnt have enough damage to kill a zeratul

lmao they are going to buff her damage

I'd say Warhead Junction is ok if a little biased for certain heroes.
Good list.

Tell me about pre reworked Rexxar and Tassadar

Wrong build if you can't. Sinister strike/Garrote build strong af.

Because the plants don't do enough damage so games last forever on it.

>plant chasing simulator

Annoying, and games can easily drag on significantly longer than on other maps, although things may have changed since Ragnaros and his lava wave.

Possibly. I hope they keep her difficult/finicky to play, though.

>ambush build
>3.3k damage in 2 seconds
>mutilate build
>5.6k damage in 2 seconds

makes you think

Old (current) Rexxar was weak, but had a niche. That niche was parking his bear on objectives (dragon shire/braxis) and it being unkillable. Now on PTR they removed all the talents that gave the bear sustain and while the hero was buffed in other places, the end result is that's now he's still weak, but also lost his niche.

Tass rework is more simple - the changes they made simply made Tass weaker. You lost mule, shrink ray was replaced with a similar but objectively worse ability. Khalar's Embrace moved from 7 to a quest reward, meaning most games you'll get it significantly later. Your attack attack damage was shitty before, now it's even worse and you get a slow on top of it to compensate, but it hardly matters.

Archon was buffed and is stronger now, especially at 20, but overall the hero has the same problems as before. He does things a little differently but overall worse now.

Not only that but second temple phase is always bot lane, around the time teams get to level 10. If you've taken the opposing team's fountain you have a huge advantage

Is mutilate the q build?

Do you guys have a hard time keeping track of your combo points?
I think they should have put the combo points above the character's health bar instead of lower left side of the screen. It gets nasty during big fights.

>games last too long
stop playing in bronze
my biggest complaint for the map is how easy it is to rush core with the plant
tell your team to stop being pussies and realize how destructive the plant is

Tassadar had one real build. Immortal Tass build, he needed a rework but they somehow made him even more boring to play.

Yeah of course, but so what? Generally every map has a most important lane, so? Even if you get completely crushed bot, you don't lose the game automatically because the map itself isn't too snowbally.

Yes

That only fucking works in bronze. Most people know how to fucking defend against a plant.

Not even joking but Diamond and low Masters does feel like Silver.

And it's not every game, but most of my long games were on Garden, and chasing the plant is stupid.

Yep.

Blizz employee here:
Expect Dreadlord real soon, faggots.

i spent 5 dollars on medivh today

Wasted

No, it's actually the opposite.
It seems like hotslogs removed the view on average match length per map when they changed the site layout a while back, but basically the higher you got in rating, the shorter matches became across the board.
Staying back and turtling is easy, knowing when you're ahead enough to finish is hard.

Then why do you consider Mines and Bay cheese tier, user?

It's close to 5.4k over 3 seconds but yeah you get the drift

>those mitsuru references