cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webbums with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mPne-q4ynts
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

#
If your haven't killed yourself already and have ridden for over 2 months you'll be

Oh No! You Have Been Sentenced 2 Deth 4 Hoon 2 Good!!!

your only way out is by riding from the most northern tip to the most southern tip of either India or Brazil on a Honda Cub

which do you choose and why

ps here's a video to set the mood
youtube.com/watch?v=mPne-q4ynts

How do i into bikes if I basically know nothing about them and have never followed bike culture

Been watching Great teacher onizuka and it's making me want a bike lol.

Don't really care about going fast, something more to just cruise around the Suburbs in to do groceries or get some food

Something nice and comfy to learn on. both to ride and work on.

I'm an Australian consumer. can I get anything decent with $2-3k AUD? or is that too low of a budget.

I like the look of those cafe bikes or bikes without windscreens and stuff. dirt bikes look pretty cool too

That was exactly my position a year ago. Just buy whatever you think is cool and won't kill you as easily.
IE no supersports

>have never followed bike culture
>I like the look of those cafe bikes
we can tell.
All memeing aside, your first step is going to be getting yourself into a Motorcycle Safety course. I'm not sure what they offer Down Under, but it's imperative you take one. I also think Australia has some multi-year, multi-test system to get fully licensed. Someone else can correct. me

As for the bike, you're looking for a Standard type motorcycle or a low-CC cruiser.

For a standard, in Australia, probably a Honda Hornet or Suzuki SV650. But those aren't starter bikes.
If you can find one, buy a Honda Nighthawk. They look nice as fug, ride well, and are built like tanks. They're also dead simple so they're easy to work on.

For the light cruiser, a honda rebel is the easiest to find and work on, most dealers should have them.
Keep in mind though, the newest Honda Rebel has been redesigned from a classic "Cruiser" style bike to what's known as a "Bobber" style bike. You seem to be into the bobber style so it might be up your alley. Pic related.

need to survive the first year kit not 2 months.

You'll be fine. It's not like it's a gsxr600 or cbr600rr. It's a v twin standard with decent brakes.

Saving up for my next/second baiku.
I'm trying to decide between the CB500F and the SV650.

The CB500F is the cheaper of the two but it also has a much smaller engine and is a relatively bare-bones motorcycle

The SV650 is the gold standard standard and holds its value well. Its engine is also much larger and it looks nice as fug. However, it's also like $2000 more.

Should I save for the two extra months for the SV650 or go for the CB500F?

Don't buy new
>But the new one is tight and I covet it.

Just saying man a alot of friends have made mistakes and quit riding cause they rushed.
get a decent used bike and you will have extra money to do what you want with it. Unless you want to buy new and pay out the ass to have re sale go down.

You know...that's a damned nice looking Rebel.

groms are for faggots

Don't listen to

Buy the new SV650.

The red one.

The problem is my area is very scarce when it comes to used bikes. It's /always/ cruisers, and maybe the odd sport bike every 3 or 4 weeks.

dealerships don't have much of a better selection either

I thought the same thing. I think the current rebel looks dorky as fuck but I'd put my penis in the new one definitely

Cruisercuck fuck off

senpai I wouldn't be caught dead on a cruiser

My friends offering me a 1990 honda gl 1500 for $400, I'm interested in getting my endorsement

Forgot the rest, Should I pick it up er?

REEEEE THEY TOOK OUT THE BIKE I WANTED OFF THE AUCTION LIST
REEEEEE NONE OF THE BIKES I WANT TO BID ON HAVE BEEN LISTED

>Buy the new SV650.
At that price point Id rather get a FZ07

all the FZs are ugly as sin though

why buy a new one when there are 50000 used ones to pick from.
Just have to be patient.

>endorsement

1-800-COME-ON-NOW.jpeg

>(You)

>Mattress on the floor
>$1100 in gear

Holy shit get refugee'd

I like them.

Cruisers you say?

india. ive been there before and its probably the most interesting and fun place ive ever been to

I get shit for free. Then I spend what I have on what I want.

They are good machines and 400 is painlessly cheap. Download a service manual off Carl Salter site or a Honda forum (this is not a Honda forum) to get familiar.

this is absolutely a honda forum

Is it a good idea to switch to nakeds from SSs if you're trying to stop riding like you're suicidal?

Go back down to a 250 or 300 ss. Can only go so fast and not die.

I still want to go fast, just not 100% of the time.
I figured nakeds are so uncomfortable 150kph+ you wouldnt do it as often
Also the less aggressive riding position wouldn't encourage sporty riding

not sure where the new guys are from but the MSF course is free for Pennsylvania residents.

Yamaha R3 best beginner/meme bike.

why are yamaha bikes so ugly

Brazil. No one would really rob me in a cub since it's a cheap entry level bike, and since I'm Brazilian myself my instincts would keep me out of trouble for the most part.

On a side note, riding the entire coast of Brazil is a wet dream of mine.

Because they have no soul, no spirit and no life.
They are essentially boring.

Posting the best beginner bike

dripping a little oil there bud

>that fucking get
10/10 check'd m8.

Now that the important shit is out of the way,

Look into older 70s bikes that have been gone through or well-taken care of. Ideally 500cc+ as they tended to be 4 cylinders.

They fit your cafe racer aesthetic, you don't really have to modify them though you can if you want, they're usually fairly cheap to fix if they break, reliable enough (if something breaks it'll run like shit, but it'll run), and fast enough that you can still smash touge when you get the urge (you will).

Everyone knows thats an F4i

Naked best

>Liquid cooled.

Sigh.

why is my penis suddenly rock solid

I washed the bike.

Has anyone here done crank seals on a 2stroke? Need to know what i did wrong putting the new ones in

Always best

Tha Boipucci klub

Get a Harley cuck.

And of course the best one

So you ride the slowes bike in the group?

No, Honda a shit. This is a GSWRDRZ forum.

Stupidity has no limits. You are trying a technical solution to a mental problem. Get it out of your system by crashing often.

>Need to know what i did wrong putting the new ones in

Describe how you installed the new ones and if that differs from factory service manual procedure.

Your mentality is the problem not the bike.

So I'm learning to ride a bike. and due to fucktarded EU laws, even though I only want to ride smaller bikes (~200ish) I have to learn on a 600. Now this isn't in itself a problem, I find it a lot easier to keep revs steady with the bigger engine, but since I've just started (literally 2 days of training) I stall a lot, and when I stall I fall over. On a smaller bike this is fine, but on the 600 I just cannot keep it from tipping over. It's not all about the weight, because the bigger bike is so wide I find my legs just aren't in a position where I can get them in a position to hold it up before it passes critical tipping point. Is there a best way to stop a bike from falling over?

>inb4 stop stalling

i'm learneding, man

Practice going really slow and learn to balance. Idk I have a 300

Not be short

Nigger user?

you a shit

Nah, I don't feel like wearing a BDSM outfit.

Hello fellow Brazilian. What do you ride?

Yo
Still white as fuck

Anyone had a crash while wearing kevlar jeans and still have skin on their legs? I'd like something I can wear to ride and then just walk into work but I do enjoy my legskin.

Fuck off tyrone

Can we still be friends?

Why are you on /dbt/, then? It's probably because I'm retarded, but I didn't post here until I bought a bike.

Because I'm a petrolhead with no money, of course.

Post your postplace

Where is your mosin?

In the safe where it belongs my dude

I was okay in jeans when I laid mine down. Skinned the knee, but not significant road rash.

>in the safe
How will you remove home invading fascist then?

Where did you find a safe big enough to hold your rifle and your bayonet?

Don't tell me you keep your bayonet detached.

Do you ride with squids?

R8.

nice hi-point

Inside a public shower/10

rural af dude

>4 stroke
>125 cc
enjoy going sub 60 mph

dunno m8 you might just be a WHIMP

>carbs

Dropped

But user, you're the fascist.

Yeah but they're actually cool with me fucking sister unlike you, you massive fucking cuck.

do you even squat bro?

What type of 600 are you learning on?

That can be a very enjoyable speed bracket, we're not all speed demons, some of us like to think about lyfe as we tootle along

No, I'm the proletariat. Remove fascist scum

Bandit

If you want a cafe racer you want to build it yourself. Buy a chep naked and mod it. If you want a supermoto, maybe a wr 250 is up your alley, cheap and easy to maintain.

OHI VEY THE GOYM KNOW

Im not sure how it is in America, but in Europe you are risking by going on the highway, without having ability to go atleast 70-80 mph

>riding a motorbike on a highway
Why would you ride a motorbike on a highway?

Why wouldn't you?

>ride in a straight line
>generally shit views
The only reason to do it would be to get somewhere quickly or to test your bikes top speed.

How you stall?, forgetting clutch, or wrong gearing?

I bet your fun at parties

And who do you think fascists were?
This place has become sjw central since a couple of years.