/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>short notice edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>Echofag's idle
youtu.be/HppLskvzAXc

>P E P S I S H I L L I N G
young shingu: youtube.com/watch?v=M0It7Mq-si4

>user's door chime
youtube.com/watch?v=EluNY352Pms&feature=youtu.be

>user's rattle
youtube.com/watch?v=R_lXejNppUg&feature=youtu.be

>user's whine

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1pK6JE0M0AY
laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/used-2015-Honda-Civic_Coupe-LX_CVT_Coupe-Collinsville-IL/2921358783
laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/used-2014-Toyota-Corolla-4dr_Sdn_Man_S_Plus_(Natl)-Collinsville-IL/2931416283
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Join the collage user!

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

K24 a cute.

>tfw Pizza Hut loves Honda

>CM5 Accord and TSX
Great pizza and cars.

Oh wait that's a TL, nvm.

>Honda

>Not driving a honda

youtube.com/watch?v=1pK6JE0M0AY

How can an engine be cute?

>TL-S delivery car
wew

I come from a family of V6s and when my grandmother got the Accord and there was so much room under the hood I just thought it was cute.

I never really liked the K-series, they seemed so un-Honda like. If, or more probably when, the Civic's engine blows, I might but a B-series, or a good D-series back in, but not a K.

Kill (You)r Self

It was a wierd engine when I first saw it, the last honda we had in the family was a D15 civic and it was pretty standard, at least the aftermarket liked the K.

I live in California and I'm looking for another Honda, currently own a DA9 and I love it. What do you guys recommend for $2500 ish? I'd love another Integra but also looking for a B swapped civic.

When I saw my first K swapped EK I was confused since everything was opposite B and D.

You can't go wrong with a DC integra or b swapped civic. Find which ever one you can find that's a good deal first. Personally I'd get a DC integra over a swapped civic.

What the hell is wrong with my prelude /hg/? Had the head removed to fix the valves from when my timing belt broke. Everything is put back together perfectly and it runs perfect cold at idle and driving around.

When it warms up, it bogs on acceleration like a motherfucker making it nearly undrivable. Pedal to the floor, it just doesn't want to go. Oxygen sensor? Exhaust leak? The car ran like top before the timing belt said fuck you.

Check to make sure your fuel injectors are all working. My old Civic has almost zero acceleration only because one injector went bad.

Think I'll be getting a P28 socketed to a D16Y8 from somebody. He said that should get my vtak working.

Alright, I will keep that in mind.

>only because one injector went bad.
I see why it does that, the ECU doesn't want the engine to have a skip so it tones down the flow of the others.

Yeah it was pretty bad. So bad it stalled once and it was an automatic.

Reposting from last thread;
8.1 KM/L or 19.05 MPG,
normal for 2.0L?

That's kinda shitty if it's in the city, my mom's V6 Hyundai gets 19 in the city.

no
Probably a fuel leak somewhere

BIRD

probably this though

Yep gonna pick up a P28 with a dyno tune for $150 which is about right for them on eBay without a tune. I checked my money though and I'm broke as fuck this week. Gotta go hard on them tips.

>Only made $22 tonight

Fug I should sell some parts.

I have a boner for the f20b and h22.
Too expensive though. Maybe ill build up a d17a2 with y8 parts. But thats when i get the cash.

Fuel leak or in my case injectors going bad.

Gonna sell these. Hopefully get $150 at least.

what's the best way to sell used parts?

have an power steering pump, a O2 sensor, and auto-tensioner that i want to get rid of

also don't want to get shot or robbed

I'm using my local import car Facebook group. They have a classifieds group just for it. Craigslist too but for that I'd meet up in a public place.

so i have a knocking type sound in my 07 4 cylinder accord at start from cold

i assume it's the timing chain tensioner

seems easy enough to do this myself and the part is like 50 dollars

just have to ask why does turning the crankshaft counterclockwise loosen the tensioner while turning it clockwise tighten the tensioner?

How do i sell a car without getting murdered?

i'm in burgerland and don't own a gun.

I've never sold anything but I'd do it in a open and populated parking lot, and take their ID if you let them test drive it.

would you let them test drive on their own or sit in the passenger seat?

Doesn't matter if they couldn't get away with stealing it, but I'd ride in the passenger seat.

Aftermarket or stock? What did you originally pay for them im looking for rear spring replacements that are stiffer. Nc roads are bumpy as fuck but in the sense that a lowered car will smack the ground on the highway.
Live/sell in a populated neighbourhood, have a few people with you, sell in public place with other there, or anything where you arent alone and there would be too much risk to try to mug you.
You forgot ebay.

Haven't sold on eBay before but my roommate has sold some Lego shit on it.

They're aftermarket Eibach Pro Kit springs. Made for Integras but as far as I know fit EG Civics and Del Sols. Weird though because the Civic/Del Sol one has a different part number than the Integra one. EGs and Integras have literally the same suspension components.

Forgot to say what I paid for them. I kinda got them for a steal. $140 used for a full set attached to Koni Yellow shocks. The springs themselves new are sold for ~$220. Shocks about $120 each. Guy with the tuned P28 ECU might be interested in trading for them so that'll be sweet. I expect a huge power gain with the ECU swap, being my current one is a stock ECU meant for a D15 without VTEC. I have a VTEC engine but it hasn't kicked in once since I got the car.

How much gains are we talking about here?

>$150
I wouldn't buy that for $150.

Because the thread is reversed

Take it somewhere public. You can even do it near the city hall or police station. You can go even inside the police station, they shouldn't mind.

Honestly I have no idea. I should finally gain the use of my vtak and the 106mph limiter will be gone.

Yeah I'm starting high. I'm most likely gonna trade them plus my old LCAs for the ECU.

Fucc sno

>tfw less than two months of winter left

Spring is gonna be so great.

Wait d15 so you have a non vtec ecu in the eg. You still have the auto civic also right, does it have vtec?
I dont know much about ECU's all i know is mine isn't stock.
Other thing did you say your running a d15b or d16y8?

Do I buy this???
laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/used-2015-Honda-Civic_Coupe-LX_CVT_Coupe-Collinsville-IL/2921358783

Engine is a D16A which is similar to a D16Z6. It's a JDM engine from the second gen Honda Domani. ECU is from a DX Civic which is non VTEC, but it isn't the original ECU either.

Sold my auto Civic to my buddy so his mom could have a reliable daily driver. No VTEC, but it's a 93 model with the D16Y7 engine from a 99 Civic.

Honda autos are risky.

laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/used-2014-Toyota-Corolla-4dr_Sdn_Man_S_Plus_(Natl)-Collinsville-IL/2931416283

I'd be all over this but you may not be into buying a manual.

Risky? I want to make my decision today. It'll be my first car that I buy myself.
My monthly payments will be around $200 a month....
I can't drive manual and $12k is already a lot

Honda is notorious for having bad auto transmission. Around here we basically say this.

>Manual? Get a Honda
>Automatic? Get a Toyota

You can get an auto Honda, but make sure the CVT fluid in that particular car was changed around the 30k mile mark. It should be changed every 30k miles, or 25k if driven hard.

Also from my research, Honda has a five year 60,000 mile warranty on these cars so it should be a safe buy.

I say go for it, 9th gen coupes look real nice. Post pics when you get it. Join the collage if you'd like to, as well.

I just am already on the fence about getting an expensive car.
It has 42k miles also but I do like it.
Im going to ask them when the fluid was last changed for sure. Thanks for that tip. I just wanna make sure I can afford a gaming pc in the next 4 monthz.
I only get paid$ 2100/mo

Yeah it should be a fairly reliable car. If you keep maintenance records and follow the recommended maintenance in the owner's manual I don't think you'll have any problems. I'd probably have the fluid changed around the 50k mark just in case.

It is a nice looking car. Here is a pic when I test drove it. I think in going to do it... I hope I'm on getting ripped off or living outside my means but I don't think I am. And if I dislike the car or payment I can always sell it right lol...

You said the payment is $200 something? That's not bad at all really.

I drove a sedan version a few times and they're pretty good even with the auto. Great visibility for a modern car. Didn't take long to get used to it coming from my 94 Civic which is pretty much a greenhouse that lets me see everything.

Yep around there. Hoping to keep my car insurance around $100. Okay I think I'm going to take the plunge.
My current car is paid off when I got it for free but it's a 05 Nissan with about $600 in repairs. I mean I'm going to need a new car eventually. I drive 80 miles a day on highway

>tfw probably gonna get relocated to chicago for work

im in mn now, so the snow is no big deal, but having driven there in the summer and hating every second of it, I'm sure winter driving is just absolute ass. Do they use salt on the road in IL?

It should be better than the Nissan for sure.

Im going to do it. If I change my mind in a year or less do I just resell the car? I'm very indecisive and regret stuff a lot.
I need anxiety drugs. Glad you think the price is right.... Thanks for helping me

Don't worry bro I'm the same exact way with the anxiety issues. Never dealt with dealers before myself but as far as I know you can always trade in the car even while still paying for it for something different. Not too familiar with the details. Would have to get somebody familiar with dealerships to know.

yes

source: live in wisconsin and am in il often

p.s. hang out with me baby

Glad you understand. I just don't want to make this big decision and find the car is shit afterwards lmao.
Wonder if putting 1 grand down would even lower the monthly enough to matter.
But yeah, I got some questions for the dealer, now. It's going to be so nice having a modern car

Then come up to Canada! It's not like we're regarded as one of the colder nations, and the idea that we ever get snow is rediculous!

Why the fuck is that upside down
Why the fuck is my trip code wrong

I'm shivering just looking at that image for some reason.

lol maybe your browser is messing up. Always seem to be having tripcode issues.

repost
>been looking at an old 1988 Honda 125cc bike.
>know nothing about riding a bike, but want to learn and use it during summer when city is congested (Car is a drag when driving to college and back in heat rush).
>The bike has 8000km. Owner wants to sell it for 650 euro backs, im planning to offer 300 to him 350 max.
>not sure I want to get my bike licence or even register it.
>can do every repair on the thing itself.
also where do I store the bike when out in city? I can`t imagine just parking it wherever since IT would be unregistered and im not sure how easy they are to steal.

Pic related

Pulling the trigger on this today

Look at transmission fluid if you want auto honda the transmission needs to stay cold. In other words if its not getting cooling itll, which happens when it clogs, it kills itself.

Are you saying don't get it or just buy fluid immediately?? I'm not a good car guy. I need to learn a lot

ayy lmao

Is dbw in the 8th gen si really that bad? Flashpro can fix it right? Im looking to get one in a few days but im also looking a the type s as well.

Lookin clean user.

Saw this today, who needs a truck when you've got a Prelude?

Get a Toyota instead if you keep losing this auto magic

Buy that's Australia

Ask your local fb group. Try to get a bike first. That's a pretty low ball

Take care of the trans and don't drive like a boy racer

Explain your sentence pls

Can I at least drive 80mph on the highway?

You should be fine. Highway driving is pretty easy on a car.

Better shot with a longer focal length.

Honestly, I expect it to be abused, I know I Will need to repair IT first thing next morning, so instead of giving cash to shitty owner im gonna spend it on bike

I meant posting not losing

Yea it'll fix it. I don't think it's that bad though

I wonder how slow that's gotta be

I don't know how I feel about the writing on the tires. Other than that, everything looks good.

is this an accord or a tsx?

can't tell. and looks like a rare color

yep, writing on the tires is pretty douchey. i'm neutral to them as of now, but when i get the mugen body kit on back from the autobody shop it's gonna look more cohesive in a sporty look.

09 tsx. it's a pretty rare colour for the tsx.

8th gen has the better motor and an lsd, type s has the better looks

i have an 8th gen si and I've never even heard of this supposed dbw issue until now. Flashpro + tune is a must

So I have an autotragic Integra, and I want to increase horsepower, because 140 is not enough IMO. Should I tarbo it or should I just do a tranny swap? Or should I do something else?

Manual swap helps a lot since it gives you more control of the power band. My manual Civic runs circles around my old auto one.