Ads on website

How much money could I make from my website that gets 1,000 hits a day? I know it depends and varies, but anyone got a rough guess?

Poor fag, need money

Depends what niche. Depends what country.

Really depends but I would say anything between $1-25

I'm from Australia. Is that bad?
And it's a new site, so always posting about all sorts of different shit

News site***

Depends how good targeted your community is. The trafic is not the most important think, it's the CPC. Cost-per-click is how much the advertises will give you for clicking on their advertisment.

0.10 cents is a good rate.
If you 0,5% of those 1000 visitors dayly click on the advertisments it makes 1000x0,05x0.10 = 5 dollars.

You can change the numbers to see what it would look like in different situations.

It depends on your niche, the origin of your traffic, website design, its content, how the ads are integrated into it, how many ads you have, where the ads are, how many people click on it and how much someone paid for tbe ads.

The majority of websites earn like 0,5 to 4 dollars. But well designed websites can even earn up to 45 dollars in some cases. If you do your best you can safely aim for 8 dollars.

You say you want to build a news site. Which means people dont come to your website to buy shit. And the ads wont be very targeted. So your revenue goes down.

Damn nice pic. It's a local news website of a small country area, so very targeted. Also I'm looking at cpm, so click amounts (cpc) won't be relevant.

Thanks bro. And it's already built by the way

joining this thread

is there any way to monetize a popular facebook account?

Most websites are food blog tier that go dead after 3 months so averages dont mean a lot online.

No I don't think so. But you can always do a post promoting a brand or business for some $$$ you'll just have to contact them yourself

Site I'm upgrading for a client gets about 20,000 unique visitors a month and makes about $100 a month.

There isn't really that much money in ads for localized news. What you may want to do is enhance engagement, like comments for articles or perhaps even a forum with monitized features. Enhance social media presence as well, make sure it's easy to share content on social media.

Yeah that's how I started out. Just a Facebook page that got popular so then I made a website for it.
From reading online and from this, I assume I might be able to make about $30 a week. But I'm rapidly growing, so the profit will hopefully grow too :)

This.

My blog gets 500 hits a day and I earn about $4 a month from it.

you'd get more if you got that traffic onto an email list with something called a content upgrade and remarketed new posts or affiliate products to said list.

Adsense or??
And how many ads you running per page

Adsense

3 ads on page

Not directly

This guy's correct - chase after companies who want to advertise to your audience.

You have to think about it as a part of a pipeline towards a sale. Either start shilling for affiliate marketing or your own online stores or services.

>Australia
good.
>News Site
mmmm nah depends what niche. Like if you did personal finance news, or some kind of high-value customer industry then you won't have to rely on high volume so much

That sucks, I would have thought you should be getting more especially with 3 ads per page. Adsense is pay per click though and I'm looking at getting ads that are paid per 1,000 impressions so I don't have to worry about how many clicks

I actually do a weekly newsletter, 600 people are signed up at the moment would it be worth looking into?

interesting.

i have an account that can easily reach 5000+ friends.
however the content is not always OC. wondering how to go about it

Doesn't matter, look at Huff Po, Buzzfeed, Bussiness Insider and all those content aggregators... even in the beginning very little of their content was OC.

If you have a niche - start contacting companies in that niche, just emailing them about strategic partnerships. I mean a lot of instagrammers don't get paid cash, but get obscene amounts of free shit for their posts.
there are actually middlemen who can facilitate this for you, but it all depends on your audience and the general theme of your content. That's why I'm iffy about you being able to do it with generic News.

Having said that, give it a try, reach out to some companies. be pro-active.

the niche is tattoos.

i have lots of photographers and tattoo artists contacting me asking for examples/work.
i can start reaching out to said people and start advertising for them.
the thing is i don't know how to go about pricing or any kind of bargain, im new to this

Great niche! Yeah there's a lot of companies and businesses you can contact, both to do with tattoos directly but also that lifestyle.

Can't help you with pricing but if I were in your shoes I start researching the price of related google adwords, estimating the CPC. but more importantly just think about a small business's marketing budget and work backwards from there.

I know a fair amount in respect to this. Without going into detail, it's not as much as you might believe. Remember that it differs for everyone!

From a website that gets 1,000 hits a day? Depends on the statistics. You can make anywhere from $1 to $30 a month. Certainly not enough to justify it. Or you can make $1,000+ a month. Or SIGNIFICANTLY more. It's average for a YouTube channel to get about $1,000 for a million views. That's not that much considering how many views that is. It depends, though.

Your customers are the most valuable thing. Don't be a cuck and try to scam people out by spamming your shit advertisements everywhere. You cunt. People WILL see through that. You'll soon realize that it's not worth it. 1,000 people a day is A LOT of people, but the money does not translate well. Most of them use AdBlock (which they should), most don't click on advertisements, and even more are less trustworthy of non-established websites. This forces you to create a good product, thankfully. It also depends on where you put the advertisements. If it's in line with the content, you'll get more clicks because you're technically tricking people, but if it's to the sides then you'll rarely get clicks.

There's a reason why most of these people sell out and shill products. Because they're grubby Jews, for one, but another reason is because they don't make as much money as you think.

One of my friends has a website with advertisements that gets more hits than 1,000. A lot more, frankly. He'd be better off working at McDonald's. A lot better off. But he's a NEET so... Whatever.

My other friend has a I suppose niche thing you can say, which I can't talk about, but he makes a couple thousand a month from a very small amount of people. He has absolutely no advertisements or marketing which ironically gives him more revenue because it adds quality and is a specific field.

Use it as a tool. Not a means to an end.

Another friend makes $25,000 a month, with absolutely no advertising. It's just a website for information that was spread by word of mouth. He has a product to sell, however. But that's all he needs.

You don't NEED millions of hits or anything. You just need it to reach the right people. Making money is one of the easiest thing in the world. You just have to know what to do and stop listening to this wantrepreneurs that think they'll get rich by reading shitty books by poor people who get rich by selling you a book on how to get rich. It's simple.

Here's what I mean... You notice that famous people or whatever will have websites, right? Notice how there's no advertisements on them? Because it brings down the quality of the products, makes the site look cheap, and isn't worth it. What matters is reaching the right people and selling a product.

Say you get $25 (Being generous) a month from 1,000 people. Work at fucking McDonald's for one, but for two... 1,000 is a lot of people. Do you fathom how many people that is? Imagine if it was a million people. IT'S A LOT OF FUCKING PEOPLE. Understand that. Don't dismiss the number as a statistic. Imagine if all of them paid just ONE DOLLAR a month. You're doing better than before. Make it two dollars and it starts multiplying very quickly. Let's say you're selling a product. Let's say you sell dildos. You have a stock of 100 dildos at $65 each. That's $6,500 if you sell them all. You don't need millions of people. You LITERALLY need 100 people. That's it. You can have a billion people and it won't matter because you have 100 dildos to sell only. That's it. You do it and you're done. Simple. Ya'll motherfuckers waste so much time reading these get rich quick schemes that you don't realize that it's just as simple as doing it.

>You don't NEED millions of hits or anything. You just need it to reach the right people
THAAAAAAAAAANK YOU.

>Another friend makes $25,000 a month, with absolutely no advertising. It's just a website for information that was spread by word of mouth. He has a product to sell, however. But that's all he needs.
Now I need to find that fucking product I can sell.

Here's another thing while I'm on a roll... You'd be surprised at what people are willing to spend. I still can't fathom it, but what is a lot of money for you, is insignificant to others. Depends on the people you sell to. You only need those people. I know people that are willing to spend thousands on the DUMBEST fucking shit I've ever seen. That I wouldn't want if you paid me to have it. Those are all you need. You'll be set.

Also, your customers will vary. You don't have to sell to regular people, so to speak. Toyota makes a lot of money selling a lot of cars at a cheap price, but Bugatti makes a fuck ton of money selling extremely expensive cars at a limited amount. Now we won't get into the details of it, but you can see that it's possible.

I know of an 18 year old that learned web development through Google and he has a portfolio site which markets towards his local area. He designs websites for local start up business. He gets a couple thousand from each job. Pretty fuckin' neato for an 18 year old. It's an insignificant amount for the business. In fact, it's quite cheap, but for an 18 year old that's a lot of money.

Then with that money you can get a fleet of workers that do your job for you. This means you can spread out your workload. You'll get more customers, but not as much money directly. However, within time you'll build your own little empire. You get the idea. It's really simple. The only hard part of this lifestyle is that you have to dedicate your life to it, but if you love what you do, you'll make it.

yes buddy...

>It's an insignificant amount for the business. In fact, it's quite cheap, but for an 18 year old that's a lot of money.
hidden gem.
b2b services make bank because businesses expect to pay more for things, we put it in our budgets and write it off on our taxes.

>Now I need to find that fucking product I can sell.

I have some advice on this, but it's a controversial topic. Some people might disagree.

Sell what you love and find the right people. A product can be anything. It's easy with the resources we have today. Remember that if you sell a great product those customers will be stayin' or will sell for you. If they bought your dildo and loved it, I guarantee you they know someone that wants one too and guess who they'll tell to use? Exactly. People are friends with people that share the same interests as them. Those people trust each other more than the best advertising in the world. That's a guaranteed sale. That's all you'd need.

Oh and one more thing... Might sound hypocritical, but don't listen to anyone. It's your life and your decisions. If you fail, you fail. Don't live for someone else. SO MANY people will tell you how they have this next great idea, they don't, believe me. If they did, they wouldn't need you and they'd be rich already. Right? Yeah, exactly. They're liars. They just want to live through you or take advantage of you. Is the product you're selling blue, but the person suggests that you sell red and they have evidence to back up their claim? Sell blue EVEN MORE. Live for yourself. "If I asked people what they wanted they would have said faster horses..." You know? Will you fail? Sure. Will you win? Sure. So, why listen to anyone?

It might seem stupid, but you'd be surprised. If I recall correctly someone became a millionaire from selling pet rocks. "Flappy Bird reported $50,000 dollars per day." or "Supercell's Clash of Clans makes $2.27 million a day." Not so fucking stupid now, huh? Remember Napster? You're stealing you fucking Jews! *later* y-you can stream it now for free! Look at Spotify. Not so fucking stupid anymore, huh? Don't listen to anyone. "Electric vehicles are gay, desu senpai." Look at what Tesla did. Look at the Snuggie, a backwards robe. Listen to yourself only.

>Sell what you love
I don't need the existential advice, everything you've said I've heard a thousand times. The problem is no one ever gives me clear, actionable solution.
I can condense my problem into a simple sentence:

>How do I subsidize/make a career out of shooting documentary films

That's it.
I need a business model.
A revenue stream. A business model to make films.

Film can't be a product in and of itself. No one buys DVDs anymore. SVOD requires scale. And Sales Agents, Broadcasters, and Distributors (incld. Netflix, Amazon Prime etc.) require you to have a finished product... so that means I need a day job to subsidize my filmmaking while speculating on maybe getting my film bought by someone.

I'd rather sell a product that's directly tied to my films, put that money into my next project. Rinse and Repeat.
The struggle is finding a product that is a natural fit, has margins high enough to subsidize film-making, is easy to get off the ground...
So far I've considered: Ticketed Screenings. T-shirts and fashion merch. Film Posters and Accessories merch. Selling "Art Books" containing images and essays based on the films.

I don't know which path to go down.

you sound like a massive faggot

>you don't realize that it's just as simple as doing it.

well if it is so easy then why isn't everyone rich paps

>well if it is so easy then why isn't everyone rich paps
Could be a whole mess of things son:
Too stuck in a mass market mentality.
Not receptive enough to a customer's needs or otherwise projecting their own expectations onto a market.
Great product but wrong positioning, marketing, sometimes even packaging.
Crummy product but think that they can compete on price.

But basically it comes down to not understanding the mechanics of a value proposition which usually comes down to either or combination of: quality, time, or price (quantity).

I mean, why do people pay for a bottle of coke from a vending machine when a 2 liter bottle in a supermarket is cheaper? It's a different value proposition for the same basic product.