/rg/ - Rust General #1

Reviving a shit general for shitbags who behave like shits in-game. Also, rip unrestricted weed planting.

Community Update:
playrust.com/community-update-119/

Devblog:
playrust.com/devblog-143/

Servers:
[maybe this will populate if the general continues]

Wiki:
rust.wikia.com/wiki/Rust_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GB0ATVDNMx8
discord.gg/7p5UQJz
whenisupdate.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Just got this, a bunch of niggers are waiting outside my hut pick axing the door... I'm going to die and they are going to steal my 200 wood, right?

>tfw build enormous fortresses on relatively high pop servers all by myself
>get clan raided semi-frequently, but never have anything cus I just build and use all the components up, and don't even bother go foraging for weapon components until it's done

It's pretty easy making high security bases, it's just managing to find a secure place after spawning is the tricky part.

The reason these threads do badly is because most of Veeky Forums are too poor to have a PC that will run rust with 60+ fps.

Boys boys, Give me cancer and make me cooler then Ser Winter and Zuckles combined, also on how to make them better+kms

youtube.com/watch?v=GB0ATVDNMx8

Imma start posting here, I started playing it again after not playing for almost an year. Any tips?

Also, RIP old Rust, you were the best version

GARRY OPTIMIZE THIS SHIT PERFORMANCE HAS BEEN GETTING WORSE EVERY UPDATE FOR ALMOST AN YEAR NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bump
we need more people in here

Why does the server I play on have all blueprints unlocked by the looks of it?

There are no blueprint fragments, first server I have played on.

reporting in

There are no more blueprints, now you have everything unlocked, but to craft most stuff you need to find components in barrels and crates spread trough the map and in radtowns. Radiation is in too

To be honest, they should add high value crates that may contain weapons and good equipment in the most dangerous radtown. Hell, I found a targeting computer in the least dangerous radtown, the pier

Thanks, whats the most effiecent way to get into crates? it takes a shit ton of pick/axe durability.

You mean barrels? If you're new, they're a good way to train with the bow/crossbow, otherwise use the hammer, or a pickaxe.

When I say hammer, I mean the Salvaged Hammer, not the wooden one

>Start game
>build house and shit
>Actually establish myself pretty well for a beginner
>Someone with grenades comes along
>They've hiding somewhere but everytime i leave they throw grenades at the house and blow apart the walls
>Have to start all over from scratch

How do people manage to get far without some asshole fucking their shit?

Low pop servers, clans, and building in early morning/late night helps a lot. Try to find an area away from most houses, look for places with lots of trees, that means there's not a lot of players gathering shit there, wich in turn means it's a low movement zone. Building in mountains also helps, but it's way harder, and you have to constantly haul resources from more dangerous areas.

>steam stats 35k people playing

>in game browser says 15k

What did they mean by this?

Idlers?

How viable is solo play in Rust?
Ark gets you snuffed out as soon as you get any higher than the first couple of tiers and is so grindy you never pose a threat to anyone.

Just wanna raid and ruin days.

Viable if you have no life and play almost 24/7

Also very viable in low-pop servers, and some servers have a no-clan rule of, no more than 4 people per group.

Cool, I dream of being that lone asshole on the side of a cliff overlooking a valley, sitting up in my tower with a sniper rifle shooting the stupid kids that walk onto my lawn.

Then breaching their doors while they are away and stealing everything they have. How hard is it to tech up to a bolt action scoped rifle?

Not that hard, less than 5 hours

Update tomorrow, my expectations are low as always

>
Garry is working on a new branch on prerelease lovingly titled “our player animations are idiotic.” This body of work appears to include revamping how items are held along with tweaking aiming. Given this is on its own branch on prerelease, we’re unable to see it for ourselves yet. This also means we shouldn’t expect any of this to go live till the next forced wipe at the earliest. Stay tune for more on this over the next week or so.

Fucking finally, now all they have to do is to make the camera/movement/attacking less clunky and this game will finally become enjoyable

How the fuck does this equipment screen work for armor?
There are no chest/foot/legs/etc slots and it doesn't tell you waht you can wear with other pieces.

trying to wear bone armor with a kilt takes off the bone armor...

There's no specific body slots, you have to wear what you think is best

Bump, we need more people damnit

>start playing rust today
>join group of polish people
>I don't speak a word of polish
>Just grow weed for them and eat raw meat, dying over and over inside their house
>get clubbed to death a few times too while just trying to drink from the nearby river
>rest comftably as a corpse all evening

this is rust.

I built a hut and not even 2 seconds after I put a lock on the thing I had a group of hostile chavs banging on my walls. Wasted half an hour of their time, when they got in I shot one of them in the head with a crossbow before dying.

Their grand reward was a sleeping bag and 134 wood.

I do that all the time, the salt it creates is wonderful, just going around building small huts filled with empty boxes

Better yet, set up traps inside them

Anyone wanna play this and start a European clan on discord?

Don't mind if you're new, I'm fairly experienced (been through two server wipes)

Sure, I'm up for it

player with 477h played reporting in

Pretty hard if you're solo-ing on a high pop server.

Basically everyone is going to try murder you, and you can either use components to make weapons or build your base. Having crossy's/ pipeys and a 2x2 is a sign that you're playing rust wrong. Basically you'll get killed, then a group of 2 will jump boost into your shit or door camp you until you log out, then blow your door up, and leave you with nothing.

Best to make a double walled panic room and at least 3 exits/2 entrances at the absolute minimum before you start trying to make weapons.

Forgive me repeating myself, it's 3am.

Any good RP servers?

Are there even RP servers?

Yeah I found one. Only 17 players on it though.

Is that discord coming up or what?

discord.gg/7p5UQJz

Heres the Disc lads. I won't be on till 9pm (GMT)

if you fucks want this to work you're gonna need to bump and not just give up. Make suggestions to the OP, OC, anything. Add this to OP next time: whenisupdate.com/

We should make a "Getting started tutorial".

Any veterans up to it? I only have 200h, and 100 of those were in the Unity 4 version

BUMP
Come on people we have to keep this alive for now if we want the general to thrive

just post yours and i shall add to it / modify it

Bumping

I made a rough starting up guide, feel free to refine it and expand it.

GETTING STARTED ON RUST

Step 1: Get out of the beach

You'll start on a beach with a rock (RMB1 attacks, hold RMB2 and click RMB1 to throw) and a torch (RMB2 to light it up, RMB1 to attack), the first thing you want to do is to get out of the beach, there's usually a lot of naked players around and they WILL kill you, sometimes high-tier players go to the beach to kill noobs (i.e. YOU).
Now after you've got out of the beach look for forested areas, there you'll find mushrooms (they satisfy your hunger and thirst) and plenty of wood.

Step 2: Gather Basic Materials

Now gather a bit of wood from the trees with the rock, 750 wood should do for now, make a spear to defend yourself from other players and try to find some big boulders, you can gather several materials from those (stones, metal ore, sulfur ore); Gather enough stones to make a Stone Pick Axe and a Stone Hatchet.
Tip #1: You can pick up tree stumps for wood, and you can also find stones/metal/sulfur lying around.

You should also look out for hemp plants, they're an easy and cheap way to get cloth.

Step 3: Basic Gear

After you have some cloth and basic tools, you should prioritize making a bow and some arrows, ~12 arrows should do.
Clothing is not that important for now, but if you're in a cold area or feel like you need protection go ahead and make some clothing.

Bumping with some fan art

Older players will remember this

emergency bump
also join the discord

Post-wipes in a nutshell

Rust veteran here

ask me anything

I pretty much know everything there is to know about the game.

Why is the community so shit?

the community is good because its shit

Well...yes

Good night bump, burgers keep this thread alive

Come on keep bumping

To a degree
I just wish there were less clans