Drive like a grandma 13mpg avg

>drive like a grandma 13mpg avg
>drive like an asshole 20mpg avg

Shifting early and lugging your engine isn't efficient and will just build up carbon. Engine load dictates fuel economy not rpm's.

If it's the 5 cilynders pratola serra 16v turbo then every drop of fuel is well spent money

>driving an italian car

Its pretty much mandatory to rev the shit out of it.

>5 cylinder 16v
How?

Because I fucked up

>20v

Oh, OK. That's fine.
I was trying to figure out what the hell they were smoking when they decided to put in an uneven number of valves per cylinder. Though I didn't doubt it either, because Italians

Look at a dyno run of your car and see where torque peaks, slightly after that is where you should shift.

My car makes peak torque at 5200rpm so I shift at about 5500rpm if I'm accelerating. Using the gas pedal doesn't waste gas, it's the brake pedal and engine braking that wastes gas. If you're using the brake pedal for anything besides stops you're wasting gas.

I have 3 valves per cylinder.

Engine braking wastes gas,
You heard it here first folks

>it's the brake pedal and engine braking that wastes gas
>engine braking wastes gas
>If you're using the brake pedal for anything besides stops you're wasting gas.

how do i slow down then

the most efficient way is to turn off your engine, coast then restart when you need to
this works because of combustion

It does because shifting to a higher gear makes you decelerate slower, thus you use less fuel.

You used the gas pedal too much and forced yourself to use the brakes, causing the waste of gas.

Stop accelerating your engine most likely doesn't use gas or really few of it when engine braking

That's not true though
If you have a carb it's waste as much as idle
If you have injection it just cut it until it reach the idle rpm

You do know on most modern vehicles fuel injection cuts when in gear without any load? Aka engine braking to a stop is more efficient than neutral coasting to a stop

fucking alphonse

I was being sarcastic sprout

I'm not arguing against that and I never was.

You move less distance with the same amount of fuel by engine braking because there is more internal resistance to coasting. You get less distance for the fuel spent.

Any kind of braking is technically wasting fuel because it's removing the momentum potential you spent gas on.

>taking your engine to near redline every single time you must accelerate
>saves gas

>using the gas pedal doesn't waste gas

I think what they meant is a different number of valves in each cylinder

No dur if you are trying to travel as far as possible then yes neutral coasting removes resistance allowing furthest distance traveled per liter of fuel used, but you are not understanding that if the stop sign is coming up 200m away engine braking will save more fuel than neutral because the injectors are cut vs open idle in neutral retard

Drop the transmission into park

My bad
I though it was bait honestly

drive like a grandma >14 mpg
drive like an asshole >12 mpg

just fuck my shit up

It does not you autistic little fuck. LEARN HOW AN ENGINE WORKS /10

even if you cut the gas you'd still have the rotational mass of every fucking engine component and therefore the remaining operating cylinders would have to do the same or more work to spin that shit.

Cylinder deactivation is a meme and only applicable to cruising speed with low engine load
Kill yourself.

Kekd

Air is injected you dumbfuck and yes we are talking low speeds with minimal load aspie

Again I never fucking argued against that.

If you read ahead for that red light and coast in top gear and simply never apply gas or brakes and wait for the light to hit green before you reach it, you've wasted the least amount of fuel by not braking.

It doesn't matter if you redlined your car getting to speed if that's where it makes peak torque, but it does matter if you over accelerate and cause the use of brakes (wasting gas).

I said stop sign not light.
Stop backpedaling

And I also said if you use your brakes for something besides "stopping" you are wasting fuel. That counts any form of braking you retard. A stop sign is stopping.

Is the fuel truly wasted if you HAD to come to a stop legally?

It is if you come to a fast stop. If you actually managed to engine brake to a stop good on you - you were going slow enough that you wasted the least amount of fuel by having to apply the least amount of braking needed to stop.

You're arguing with your own misunderstanding of what I'm saying when I'm agreeing with you.

Depends on how much braking was needed.

>drive like a granny
4L/100

>drive like a madman
7L/100

>Drive 55 MPH on the highway
>35 mpg

>Sit in stop-and-go traffic for an hour
>50 mpg

Engine braking deactivates all cylinders, buttmunch. The inertia of your car keeping the wheels moving is what keeps the engine spinning without combustion. Obviously entropy exists, so the inertia runs out and your car slows down.

>ride how I usually ride, stay off the touge
>260km to a tank
>hit the touge up once, everything else the same
>220km to a tank

>If you have a carb

Even the newer carbs had idle cut solenoids.

unless you drive a carbed car then no
any modern EFI system cuts fuel on deceleration if there's not other load on the engine

>drive like an asshole
>14.4mpg

>drive like grandma
>14.7

how do you get such gay mpg
how did gm go backwards on gas mileage in the span of a decade

>drive like an asshole
>28mpg
>drive like a granny
>45mpg
ez game

my tires are made for offroad use so they get worse gas mileage. but i doubt a stock trailblazer gets much better mpg t b h