What did they mean by this?

What did they mean by this?

People on the corvette forums who work at the plant say it's going to be a Cadillac

>cadillac potentially getting more based
who will stop these mad men

won't be able to compete with the EcoBoost Ford GT

V6 > v8
EcoBoost > all
Ford is GOAT

Chrysler me-412 reboot?

As it should be, we don't need GM getting too attached to Greatest-Generation-mobile lap times and start axing other programs again.

>ford couldn't even compete with a cadillac because it was too slow

like pottery

The only way that this is fucked is if they use a penstar instead of an LS

What?

>Be obsessed with the GT40
>Read up on the '66 Le Mans for years
>Hype as fuck when the GT comes out in '06
>Get excited last year when the new GT is revealed
>Hype as fuck for Le Mans anniversary
>Cheer in the early hours of the morning as Ford beats Ferrari in my lifetime
>Benchracers flock to it because it beat GM
>Spam it to oblivion
>Derail unrelated discussion with it
>Make me hate the car I love

Nice things and why we can't have them

if they use an ls it's gonna be fucked anyways.

>muh 1966 truck engine in a "'""sports""" car
>boomers
>pushrods
>low redline
>tall gearing
>overbuild components to handle excessive stress which just adds weight

>muh """cheap""" power/cost
pic related, it's cheap for a reason. you can't have power, cost and a good engine. You can pick two. In the LS's case, it's a pile of shit that's cheap and will move a car with more torque than is necessary.

inb4 ls fags will still be defending this 10 years from now when their pieces of shit will be 60 years old and still haven't changed.

>pick two maymay

They're developing a DOHC V8 for it anyways, calm your tits.

>gm in charge of engineering
it'll still be shit.

I remember how that went last time.

>building some of the greatest sports cars, chassis, trucks, motor
>hurr hurr gm a shit

neck yourself

>LS
>not well engineered

Are you autistic or sumthing

HOW MANY FUCKING YEARS?

t. literally gm's marketing dept

Here's your (You)

>cant argue against it

Typical.

>pushrods
>leaf springs
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""well engineered""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Boomers on the corvette forums are furious about it being a caddy

>those numbers
Are they fucking racing each other? That's hilarious.

inb4 shitcanned AGAIN because muh corvette

>GM
>Pentastar

>engine
>leaf springs

Fuck 'em, Pontiac and Oldsmobile both died and it's about time the GM bean counters and AARP club members got into a shitfit about muh 'vette.

>penstar

What the hell is that? are you talking about the Cadillac Northstar? i heard Cadillac was designing another DOHC V8 with the intentions of making it smooth as possible for their CT6 and will probably end up in whatever super car they make.

The only thing the LS engines are in is the Commodores/SS that end production this year or 2018. Are the LT engines not new and better than the previous LS engines in every way? i mean the previous 6.2 LS3 made 430 HP and the LT1 that replaces it now makes 460

Fucking hell can't wait!

Agreed, fuck them. Cadillac should be treated better and allowed to do whatever they want even if it upstages the Corvette. They are GM's flagship brand and they make damn-good chassis. Some say the original Northstar could've been a Super Engine and GM's best had they put more money into it but they were playing favorites with the LS series back in the 90s. its just sad GM's other brands weren't treated better.

Good. Cadillac basically said they don't care about them, and they're trying to attract the tech crowd instead.

It might be an LT motor.

>implying it needs to change

Can't improve perfection.

Can you please end the shitposting chain and not try to start it up again..?

Ok

Time for a beer run anyway, my hick organs can no longer function with any less than .38 BAC

Yeehaw, MAGA

>mfw i'm indirectly responsible for this in a roundabout way

Also anyone thinking GMs mid engine supercar is gonna be anything other than a cadillac need to kill themselves immediately.

Why don't you go bitch at Porsche for using 100 year old airplane engines and placing the shitty engine in the wrong spot.

Cadillacs president is saying that they are working on a flagship sedan that WONT be a four door.

The CT8/Escala s class competitor has been put on hault to focus on SUVs

Are they really going to make a halo car as their flagship?

>more

????

cadillac is still shit tier. stuffing an ls7 inside of a sedan does not make them good user.

>>Can't improve perfection.

complacency is what lead to the downfall of the big 3 during the 90s and early 00s

american exceptionalism is a disease

>inb4 ls fags will still be defending this 10 years from now when their pieces of shit will be 60 years old and still haven't changed.
And they'll still be making this user mad if he hasn't had a heart attack from the constant butt anger lol

I like the idea of Corvette being a brand seperate from Chevy. Hopefully the Zora will be priced below 100k so that a faggot like me can get one

>I like the idea of Corvette being a brand seperate from Chevy.

Yeah, Chrysler liked that idea with SRT and RAM too, and we all know how retarded that ended up being

From a consumer standpoint, it'll be much more pleasant to have your vette purchased and maintained at a Corvette dealership than at Chevrolet

unfortunately that isn't going to make up for the insane cost of rebranding an entire product line, not to mention the fact that everybody already knows the corvette is a chevrolet and will keep calling it one even if they take off all the chevy badges

It's Chrysler, what did you expect?

it's a start, especially since boomers are ageing out of sports cars and theyre needing to make the transition to start appealing to current young professionals. Right now the Corvette brand is so deeply associated with boomerism and other boomer faggotry that a rebrand is necessary