Hey Veeky Forums. I was in the market for a cheap car, and I went with a 2015 Ford Fiesta SE with 37,000 miles...

Hey Veeky Forums. I was in the market for a cheap car, and I went with a 2015 Ford Fiesta SE with 37,000 miles. It seems like a pretty solid car so far, it gets good gas mileage, but I starting looking on the internet and see some pretty disastrous sounding things about dual-clutch "automatic" transmissions. Are these transmissions really THAT bad? Anyone have experience with them? How fucked am I?

My understanding is that these things are only in the Fiesta and Focus. Anyone have experience there?

My GF has a dual clutch in her Escape. Shifts hard and doesn't like it when you try and give it gas suddenly. You can feel the transmission shitting itself around 10k miles. Co-worker has a 2013 Focus with dual clutch. Had two Transmission replaces so far.

Shift-wise it acts like a manual and goes hard. From driving personally, sometimes it likes to hang onto revs even when you gun it, so it can "calculate" and then attempt a shift. Kinda scary when you're putting on the brakes and the RPMs keep climbing.

>cheap
>Automatic 2015 Fiesta SE with no warranty

Bread on hood. How much did you pay?

No escape has a dual clutch, at least in the us. They're all traditional automatics.

>Are these transmissions really THAT bad?
Yes. Get a corolla.

the older powershift dct is garbage. the latest updates MIGHT have improved

>buys car
>proceeds to research said car after he's already purchased it
Ayy lmao

I used to own a 2011 Ford Fiesta with the dual clutch issue, the transmission was replaced 3x under warranty while I owned it and then I sold it for a VW. Ford extended the warranty but by then the damage was done.

Ford blew my mind with how trash it was.

$9500

I looked at the reviews for the vehicle before purchasing it. All the reviews were solid. Of course, when a review is being done, it is only being done on a new vehicle, not a vehicle that's racked up miles over a 2 year period.

Too much. Financed like a faggot too, right?

Only partially financed. $5000 down.

Rented a 14 with 10k miles on it. Transmission failed when we were driving up a slight hill and tried to park.

Why even bother? You couldve gotten a civic for 3k and had money left over to fix any immediate problems.

What in the fuck is wrong with you.

>I looked at the reviews for the vehicle before purchasing it. All the reviews were solid. Of course, when a review is being done, it is only being done on a new vehicle, not a vehicle that's racked up miles over a 2 year period.

Journalist reviews are good but not for reliability issues.

OP that transmission is going to break soon and its going to be a fucking nightmare.

I'd honestly sell ASAP. I knew 3 people with DCT focuse's and all 3 died before 40k.

former Ford service advisor here. the DSP6 trans is a complete shitbucket but typically the 2015+ cars are pretty solid since they came off the line with the updated seal, TCM and clutches. the late 2012-2014 were very problematic. have you experienced any issues with yours? if not, I would highly recommend you completely ignore every recall notice you get, and don't touch a thing.

Okay, with $5000 down why would you bother with a Ford Fiesta? There are literally dozens of better cars you could lease for $5k down and pay less than $150/month.

If you are still here, sorry to change the subject, but anything I should look out for on a 16 f150 5.0?

Get a fucking manual!

HOW IS THIS NOT SAID YET?!

I have a 2012 Fiesta - manual - and it's amazing. I do wish the seats were a little comfier and they made them better over time. A 2015 Fiesta is the best car you can buy IN MANUAL. The shift and the clutch and really very delightful. You are able to heel-toe and it's very nimble.

Please consider it

Jesus christ, how have none of you said to buy a manual yet?

Because hes already put $5000 down on a fucking $9000 car

He cant just get rid of it

Ohho! I thought he was in the market. I cannot save this fool and neither can any of you. This thread should burn.

Do you need a truck for truck things or are you a wagecuck commuting to an office? If the former, pay cash for a 7.3 powerstroke, if the latter, you don't need a truck.

You could add Lucas oil stabilizer to help it last longer. Just my 2 cents

I've been agonizing over this too. I wanted a cheap car for my job (deliveries) and was looking at Fords, but kept hearing about their absolutely shitty transmissions.

I still don't have the car, but I've decided I'm getting a Prius. I'll get my "fun" car later.

Just get a civic for 3k. New is pointless if you're just going to put a lot of miles on it and beat it to death.

I need reliability, it has to be a 24/7 car. An old high mileage, used Civic won't do well in that regard. My current car is a 2005 TL which I got for 3K and every little problem it has costs me work opportunities. I'm done with fixer uppers.

I make enough to where 15k for a car that lasts 4 years is worth it anyway.

Maybe you're just an idiot.
>Fix the suspension if it needs it: good for 75-100k
>Timing belt/water pump: good for 100k
>ac compressor: good indefinitely
>ps rack: good indefinitely.
If your time is so valuable take it to a mechanic and rent a car.

I don't work on my car. i dont have tools or a garage. other people do it for me.

you sound like a linux nerd telling someone they're an idiot if they dont like the command line. the reality is you're just a nerd.

>DUDE, COMPILE YOUR OWN KERNEL, ITS MORE EFFICIENT. WHAT ARE YOU A COMPLETE FUCKING RETARD?

the 5.0L is solid. I've been driving a 2016 F150 5.0 4x4 XLT crew cab for the past two months. it's way slower than my 3.5 Ecoboost but gets 20mpg easily. The issues with the 2015+ trucks are more trim related than engine related. lots of problems with radio and entertainment, door locks, moonroof, etc.

It was a 2015 vehicle with 37,000 miles on it. I doubt I could find a Civic like that for $9000.

It is a 2015 vehicle with 37,000 miles on it. I looked around, $9,500 didn't get anything else even close to that.

I haven't experienced any issues whatsoever, the thing feels smooth as butter. I just got the car 5 days ago with 37,000 miles on it, so I'm not sure if it was taken in for any recalls prior. It is good to hear the 2015+ version of the DSP6 is pretty solid, I rather like my little car...

Unfortunately, I was never taught manual. It isn't really an option. I know how the mechanics of driving one (IN THEORY, lol), but I've never actually done it.

if you feel like posting the VIN I can tell you if it's had any of the recalls done

I learned manual by myself on a brand new fiesta st, you can do it too.

Anyway, if you want to save the shit transmission act like you're driving a regular manual that has a computer controlling it. Accelerate nice and smoothly for the first 10kph to let it engage and then you can accelerate however you like after that. Avoid pressing in the throttle if you know it's trying to change gears and do not inch forward in traffic, wait until you have a full car length at least in stop and go traffic before you move forward.

I've heard the above things can help prevent issues from happening quickly but I don't know if it'll prevent them altogether.