Florida Meet

South Florida Veeky Forums meet two electric boogaloo
Do to the success of the last South Florida Veeky Forums meet in West Palm Beach (let us not talk about the disappointment which was the 2015 Holiday meet...) We will be having another meet in March this time in Miami, It will be at Arcade Odyssey where they will be hosting an Initial D Tournament I am organizing.

It will be on either Thursday March 9th at 8 pm or Sunday March 12th at 6 pm. The time is when sign ups end and the Tournament begins so be there anytime before that. Thursday they close at 12 pm and Sunday they close at 10 pm. The Tournament will have most likely have a bracket on Challonge and Stream on Twitch and be $10 dollars to participate, $5 going to the venue and $5 going to the winners pot. The shopping center has a Mcdonalds, Pizzeria, and a Pub if you are into that. The Florida Kik and Discord chat will be posted as well as a Facebook event.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/xeWXu9W
discord.gg/GCskv
strawpoll.me/12247504
strawpoll.com/5dr44yr
discord.gg/6UtNR8F
initiald-arcade.com/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this sounds dope senpai.
sunday would probably be the best day since it's a weekend and all

as a resident fl/o/ridafag I think we should center the meet around some sort of car event. I vote formula drift Orlando on april 28th thru the 29th. It's a central location for all of fl/o/rida and if the turn out of the meet ends up being small, it won't be awkward because of the large event going on.

I have already set up a meet with a few florida br/o/s from the Veeky Forums facebook page. Message me on my gmail if you want me to add you on facebook then add you to the main Veeky Forums facebook group with 500+ members. It will be 10 million times easier to organize a FL meet up in that facebook group.

[email protected]

Pic related is the Kik Chat code.
This is the discord link - discord.gg/xeWXu9W

The Discord chat is currently being used more than the kik chat and it has it's own tabs for meets, memes, and stuff.

The dates are limited by the venue and listed in the op.

I know we can do more than one meet. I wasn't suggesting we don't do OPs meet. Im just taking advantage of the fact that this is a Florida Veeky Forums thread.

We are currently planning this meet first to see how the turnout will be and to see if it will be worth it to do it again, either at the arcade or somewhere else. In the chat we have many people who want to go to these meets that we orchestrate.
Since this specific meet will be far south, we may not have as big of a turnout but we'd like to try.

If all goes well we may plan more meets in various locations.

I only drive a scooter. Can I come?

If you can make it and want to play initial D I don't see why not

I'll have to see if I can make it.

Most people in Miami drive a scooter so you'd be welcome.

Every time I drive in this city I feel like I'm going to die any second.

We don't have many people in central and north Florida, but if there are any people up there, I'd love to organize a meet with them. Not much goes on but there are a few places we can hang out, or if we want we can even go to a place like the compound and just hoon.

>tfw moved to Gainesville
there are zero cars here. just fucking end me.

Florida is full of fags. No thanks, this is coming from a busrider from /n/ btw

>tfw in Jacksonville

Well, last meet we did less than 2 weeks ago was at West Palm Beach, and for the most part, people lived south of that. I myself would love to do as many meets possible but traveling such long distances for most of us is a big commitment and expense.

i was thinking of taking a drive over to jax. ive seen good listings on cl but i've heard certain stories. is it really all true or are they all lemons?

I'm in Jacksonville as well and wouldn't mind meeting up so long as its not at something as cringe worthy as formula vape

Idk I haven't had any bad experiences

my car sucks a fat dick and i live in gaynesville. i wont embarrass myself showing up but i wish i could.

Join the discord. We need more Jax anons.
discord.gg/GCskv

its either jax or orlando. orlando is far as fuck and there are a lot of chop shops that make me paranoid

Who cares what kind of car it is? It's not about that, it's about having fun

I wouldn't worry about having a shitty car

If it's a Honda and the seller is puerto rican then it is stolen

>tfw Central Florida
>tfw missed the last meet due to work
Guys, plese. Let's setup a meet closer to central Florida for Go-Karts and grilling.

We just did go Karts and the next meet that we can quickly setup that is different to other meets we've done is at the arcade. This specific one is being setup because we know a lot of people here that would want to play in the tournament and it's a fun experience.
We will be doing more meets closer to Central Florida sooner or later so don't worry too much. Try to go to as many as you can, we have a pretty good set of people in chats so it won't be like previous meets many moons ago where no one showed up.

What about a meet where we actually drive our cars instead of driving pretend cars? That's the point of a car meet, isn't it?

That was what the previous meet was. We drove for about 4 hours (At least I did), averaging about 85-90mph in total, and we did Go-Karts at West Palm Karting.

Again, this meet has been specifically chosen because it'll be fun and a quick/easy one to accomplish for now.

There will be more in the future.

i've been looking into a celica gt-s with a fucked up catalytic converter and starwars stickers in the rear window. any ideas where the real good stuff is at in FL? I'll have to drive a while but I want it all to be worth it.

Any of the areas with military bases usually has some decent sports cars they are trying to off load quickly for a decent price before they get shipped out

>we can just go to the compound and hoon

Are you aware of the fire that happened there 1-2 weeks ago? Some idiot had his BMW burn down while drifting there and it caught everything on fire. Firetrucks and cops showed up and I am almost 100% sure the compound is shut down for good.

Shit I had no idea.
That's fucked. One stupid faggot has to ruin it for everyone.

realistically it will open up again in a few months but now they are cracking down hard. I've been out there a few times to watch drifting but I've never drifted there myself. Makes me sad because I am just about to finish building my drift car. If a florida Veeky Forums meet goes down I will drive it over from swfl for sure.

No that's not the point of a car meet.
What are you gonna do? Donuts in a parking lot heating up the spot because you want to drive your shitbox? A car meet is to talk about car things and an Veeky Forums meet to Play initial D or race go karts is still on topic. If I wanted I would have made a meet in a sketchy warehouse area to race our cars but who the hell is gonna show up to that mess? You can't please everyone, user.

You don't need a Cat, we live in Florida and emissions isn't even a thought. Search in Tampa or Orlando or North, don't be afraid to look in Georgia, clean cars aren't a thing in South Florida.

OP here with some additional details
The tournament needs at least 10 participants, which isn't an issue do to current show of interest. This also won't be an user exclusive event, I want a good turn out and this will be public in an effort to maybe get around 20 participants if not more. If it is successful we will most likely have a regular South Florida meet established, what will it be? I don't know, it can be a monthly Initial D Tournament meet up at AO on either the Second Thursday or Sunday of the month or a meet somewhere else most likely in Broward to be more convenient for people slightly more north than Miami. I've already talked to some friends and on Facebook groups to see if anyone was interested, we could potentially have our own Anime/Otaku (what ever you want to call it) themed car meets down here on a regular basis, it'll probably serve as a front for /osg/ peeps too.

Anons in central and northern Florida should feel free to make their own meets instead of complaining South Florida activity isn't close to them.

thanks guys. maybe i might make it to the meet after all

>we could potentially have our own Anime/Otaku (what ever you want to call it) themed car meets down here on a regular basis
pls no

Is there a rough count on participation for the tournament so far?

Just moved back to Florida from Georgia user here!

Buying a GPW S2000 in 3 weeks. I will be here!

The Miami scene has been going downhill, what used to be cops simply asking people to leave has become full on raids where they write up participants. Its because of major accidents occurring at least once a week do to racing. The county needs to give us places to race, County Line drag strip is closed, Homesteads fast lane friday is just once a month and gets way too crowded and Palm beach race way is too far from miami.

This idea has just been posted, if we count on the anons who meet at West Palm and the few other local people who are interested in playing Initial D at AO then I can guarantee as of right now a dozen people, by March that will change.

I have created a Poll to vote for either Thursday or Sunday
strawpoll.me/12247504

Anyone know of any car related events going on in the miami area? Getting a non shitbox car soon and would like stuff to do on weekends.

there are nor real events in miami
it's street racing
weekly/bi weekly and monthly meetups
and people using those meetups as meet spots to race
all of it's drag racing. if you know the right people they might share drift spots with you. and there's no fun curvy roads to hoon on. homestead speedway only does dragracing for the public so have fun looking for conefag events

>orlando
Hahahaha

PBIR

take shitbox on the go kart track

I've never seen an event like that, link?

mind giving me info on the meetups? those look fun as well.

strawpoll.com/5dr44yr

I'm in Orlando. Haven't read the thread but I wanna hang out with some of you faggots. I need friends.

Miatas always welcome.

What about Fritatas?

Bump for Sunday the 12th.

>Tfw I planned the Florida meet at Blanchard park and didn't even show up
Couldn't bear to show my face and my rusty corolla. I'd probably show up now that I have my fiesta.

What kind of Fiesta?

Can there be a meet up in mid march? Ill be down in Florida, Id like to see how these car meets are

The shitty kind. But better than my corolla.

OP
The consensus is Sunday so far
So I've asked for it to be held on March 12th, the manager will be getting back to me later and will most likely be making their own public event on their Facebook page.
Like previously stated the Tournament will start at 6 pm, sign ups are any time before 6 pm and the arcade closes at 10 pm. The tournament should last anywhere between 2-3 hours. The highest placing user will be getting a small trophy regardless of over all place in the Tournament, now don't ask me for details as I'm not the one getting the Trophy for us.
Remember to join the Florida Kik and Discord chats which have been linked in a previous post if you are interested in this meet or to plan others in the future.
I'll eventually get around to making a Facebook event.

No normies invited REEEEEEEE

It arrived today.

>having a car
>not a normie

you guys better not itsukis and pick all the easy tracks

*be

Scooterbro here. I will be there.
Beep beep.

bring trees brah

Please none of that degeneracy.

>south florida
>no degeneracy

pick one

Br/o/ward C/o/unty Br/o/s?

>broward

eww

bump

Mi/a/mi a best

We gonna race?

Pompano bro. Don't think I'll be able to show though.

discord.gg/6UtNR8F
>doesn't put Discord link in the OP.

Now I know which scooter to run over if I see it on the road.

If you can catch me

>West Palm

You'll probably beat me due to weight alone.

Fat dudes on scooters are great and hilarious.

Anyone racing irl on the touge?

That place is a 10 minute walk from my house and I have no car

I can take you

Just @ me in discord (past 12)

The grand Miami touge with crazy elevation

that looks like something out of Diddy Kong Racing

>he doesn't know where the touge is in south florida
heh

Pro tips for those who want a competitive edge at the Tournament.
Read this for tips on techniques and shift points on select cars.
initiald-arcade.com/index.php
Then download Initial D Street Stage which is the PSP Port for Initial D Arcade Stage 3 which is what is at Arcade Odyssey, just emulate on what ever you like to practice shift points and memorize tracks. Its in Japanese but you can find a PDF with an Asian manual that translates the game. Visit the arcade to actually get a feel for handling the cars.

Ill be going over with other veterans if any rules should be placed over certain Track choices or cars. There will be no boost and No cards allowed.

Not fat, just heavy.

Actually, a bit fat, but not hamplanet mode.

Can anybody hook an Indian River County brodie up with the discord link?

Should be this link
discord.gg/6UtNR8F

Sounds like almost every 4channer ever.

bump

pbir wants ~$200 for most events, and they'll cancel drift events over a light sprinkle of rain

monday nights were tacobell. but last time got raided
join discord and we'll give out info

broward sucks, nothing to do, but cops aren't as annoying and less faggot hondas

we're down for touge racing

Miami sucks for motorsport

it does
there's hoon spots in miami and broward though
cost wise florida sucks for drifting, i think all actual track time is taxed too (no drag racing doesn't count, 99% up to pretty high is just who has the most money wins)

Official Fl/o/rida meet Discord. Thread won't last forever.

discord.gg/6UtNR8F

o shit senpai you're a Naples resident too?

Nothing like the worst coast of Florida.

>no one repping glorious polk county
DO YOU PEOPLE NOT LIKE FUCKING YOUR SISTERS

West coast is best coast. East coast is mostly too population dense, look at Miami (shithole) Ft Lauderdale (shithole) West Palm Beach (uppity shithole).

T. east coast resident (palm beach county)

east coast isn't a shit hole just the south and a circle around orlando is shit everywhere else is GOAT