hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5977481174.html
youtu.be/G3Tb2Iv1sTw
youtu.be/4ktKEaee51Q
youtu.be/OklMO9_SRrY
youtube.com/watch?v=x_vvXZ-7mgw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cool

breaks

Bump, my dad had one but I know nothing about them and want some opinions. I recall my kindergarten friends being pretty impressed with it.

pigfat bundle of problems just like my 1st gf

lures you in with the promise of fun which to its credit it delivers on then it takes your wallet and patience on a ride until there isnt much of each left

youll whether stay dedicated to it to work through the problems or youll dump it on some other poor sod

>my dad had one
No shit, mine too.
Wouldn't let me drive the fucking thing, though.

the 6g72 is a beast of an engine with lots of torque down low. I think it makes submaximum torque @1800rpm thanks to the twin turbos.

I was 4 or 5 at the time so I also did not drive it except once in my fathers lap

Beautiful car and great on paper if you're only talking about the VR4 or R/T Twin Turbo versions. The others were all FWD, and worse was that the standard Stealth had a single cam engine.

As countless others have said, these things were typically a nightmare to actually own, even if you kept up with regular maintenance. Mitsubishi always had cool technologies in their sports cars, but they were often too advanced for their time and not necessarily made to last.

I was in high school, so that shit sucked.

>its fast, its awd, its handles like a boss, twin turbos give you a heart attack. Suffers from no Fast and Furious tax. Got mine for 4k

>Mitsubishi stopped making them and most of them are now 25 years old. So like every old car you need to replace the worn shit. Little interior stuff will break off. It will need new spark plugs and head gasket, check the timing belt, ect ect

If you want a second fun car, the thing is a beast, just can't be afraid of upkeep.

>Mitsubishi used to do cars like this.

I would grab up a second gen TT, they are going up in value as more people are getting into these cars.

The VR4 is a grand tourer, hence the weight. If you've driven one, you know how comfortable is driving one of them.

Americlaps never got anything better from the VR4, but there was another trim, a higher trim. The GTO MR.... thing was lighter and had ditched all of the electronic gizmos like active aero and rear wheel steering.

The MR was a proper sports car, raping the R32 and R33 spec v, it also came with optional 6 pot brakes.

BTW they are reliable, you just need to know the car well.

This car has 230K miles, it's a VR4.

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5977481174.html

And here are some good videos of the GTO

A "pigfat" regular TT (VR4 for americans) against GTR, Supra and RX7.
youtu.be/G3Tb2Iv1sTw

Best motoring gois racing their own cars, also another "pigfat" TT.
youtu.be/4ktKEaee51Q

A little drag race between an R32 and another FAT TT.
youtu.be/OklMO9_SRrY

Interesting to know, I honestly thought that the 3000GT was only FWD and was slow as fuck. Thank you user for educating me.

What about the FWD ones, are they any good?

My friend has two, a base model and a VR4, both of them are money pits. You HAVE to love this car because it will put you through a lot shit

>fwd
>any good

keked

they aren't bad if actually maintained, but no one ever did any of the maintenance that was supposed to be done.
so expect it to be the most unreliable moneypit in existance. price the difference between fixing it or swapping in a 4th gen eclipse 3.8l v6, it'll mount up fine and use the same trans. if you're awd it's still fine but you'll need something for tuning to keep the turbos. or do the 4.2l stroker kit

>4th gen eclipse 3.8l v6, it'll mount up fine and use the same trans. if you're awd it's still fine but you'll need something for tuning to keep the turbos. or do the 4.2l stroker kit.

You clearly know absolutely nothing about the 6g75 and the difference with the 6g72. You know that the engine rests in the passenger side? You know that almost everything needs to be fabricated in order to make the engine fit normally? Not even the transmission fits normally. Just shut the fuck up and stop giving false information.

There's a reason why the swap is not popular... more people do the 3.5l stroker conversion and it's only very few people, the 6g72 is a tank of an engine.

Just check 3si.org... you dip.

They are decent cars, good build quality and are faster than you think.

They weight around 1.400kg or less, some came with LSD and them looks are a big bonus.

Most TT parts are interchangeable.

If you just want a DD with the looks and decent power, comfy as fuck and still be able to rek Civics, this your car senpai.

>are they reliable?

Check craigslist, you see some for sale with 220K+ Miles. You have to just keep up with the timing belt change and water pump change. Not many things go wrong with the non turbo variant.

I would go ahead and get one if I need a decent DD.

My old man had 2.

I remember being a kid and having to get a tow to the mechanic, and him eventually getting rid of it.

And the other one he got years later, he had to sell due to money problems.
Either way, they have a place in my heart.

I had a 1992 SL FWD about 15 years ago. I loved it but I was also a dipshit teenager. I've always wanted to find a decent 1st gen VR4 but it's always a riced out, clapped out POS like OP pic...no engine, no transmission, body with 245,000 miles for $8000 because I KNO WUT UH GOT...or a decent miles, original example for $25k. In other words not a lot of luck.

my first car was a gto twin turbo (rebadged 3000gt) average they all seem to get crunches on third gear but cool cars nontheless

GTOのATのNA乗ってる。先月免許取得して中古探しに行ったら見た瞬間に即決した。

カッコイイ、マジで。そして速い。アクセルを踏むと走り出す、マジで。ちょっと

感動。しかもスポーツカーなのにATだから操作も簡単で良い。NAは力が無いと言わ

れてるけど個人的には速いと思う。ターボと比べればそりゃちょっとは違うかもし

れないけど、そんなに大差はないって店員も言ってたし、それは間違いないと思う。

ただ坂道とかで止まるとちょっと怖いね。ATなのに前に進まないし。

速度にかんしては多分ターボもNAも変わらないでしょ。ターボ乗ったことないから

知らないけどタービンがあるかないかでそんなに変わったらアホ臭くてだれもNAな

んて買わないでしょ。個人的にはNAでも十分に速い。

嘘かと思われるかも知れないけど東関東自動車道で140キロ位でマジで34GTRを

抜いた。つまりはGTRですらGTOのNAには勝てないと言うわけで、それだけでも個

人的には大満足です。

>Posts a video comparing against the R32 GT-R

Come on now. The R33 VSpec was faster than the GTO-MR: youtube.com/watch?v=x_vvXZ-7mgw

And the R33 has a far more extensive aftermarket support than the GTO.

I drove a FWD SOHC 94 Stealth for a couple of years. Faster than any shitbox, but slower than anything with work done under the hood. All the weight was in the front so it had an issue with understeer. It was a nightmare to work on. The fucking alternator is mounted behind the transverse V6 and even with NA the engine bay was still cluttered. It developed a top-end issue with the valve lifters ticking and sometimes wouldn't start so I put cash back and financed a newer car. Still own it though and I've thought about what I should do with it.

they are fun and surprisingly beefy cars for imports.

fuck off juan

What's wrong user, Mitsubishi still makes cars :^)

Sorry for being a dick but.

>it's SOHC
>generalizes the whole platform based on the version that only existed in the US.
>that trim didn't even come with rear sway bar.

Your trim should've never existed. And the DOHC is better.

BTW the alternator is just right there in the DOHC.