/emu/ - /emugen/ - emulation general

MAMMA MIA! edition

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/libretro/status/821700192835698688
reddit.com/r/CEMUcaches/
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/165662924
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

News:
Cemu 1.7 is out and some Wii U games are now playable at 4k with downloaded texture packs. Remember to look for downloadable shader caches to avoid shader generation stutter.

Second for emulation is 100℅ legal

Can anybody help me with this?

You found a secret area
I'm so jelly

ebic meme bro *ubboats*

I do hope the guys making cemu will one day allow the user to choose actual custom resolutions instead of "graphics packs".

>I do hope the guys making cemu will one day allow the user to choose actual custom resolutions instead of "graphics packs".
I am actually mad that on my 1680*1050 monitor full screen stretches the resolution to 16:10 instead of adding black bars

im starting a nintendo switch emulator

somebody design a logo

>somebody design a logo

Use the dog

oh no

its retarded

Name it after its codename, project nx, then make a cube of Ns and Xs like the N64 logo.

>no graphic pack for bayo 1

I wanted to try out Cemu 1.7 so I just downloaded captain toad: treasure tracker, because it's supposedly one of the games that works well. I got the loadine version, but Cemu just crashes when opening the rpx file in the code folder. What gives?

How big is the game folder?

About 1.9GB. Downloaded 4 zip files from wiiuiso. Did I miss something?

nindouchetendo switch emulator WHEN?

Can I play Switch games with Genymotion?

Is there a way to configure Dualshock 4 to work good in Wii games? It seems impossible since a lot of games require shaking nunchaks and shit

I'd the easiest thing not just to download them using nusgrabber or whatever it is you can use to get it direct from Nintendo's servers, then convert it to loadiine format?

Map waggle to a key. Not sure how you do that though.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

twitter.com/libretro/status/821700192835698688

Yes not him but I used wiiU usbhelper and then nusgrabberui just to decrypt

Jesus fucking christ really?

Depends on the games. You'll need game specific configuration most probably.

>Not running 98 on bare metal
So close yet so far

here. I just ended up downloading another one from a private tracker. I don't think this one was a loadiine version so I added a key for the game to the key file and the game started just fine. Thanks for the suggestions. Now I just have to understand this whole shader cache thing.

Yeah, that's it. I might write a guide for the wiki when I get home.
You can do something similar for citra, right?

Just see if you can download one, then add it to the transferable folder.

Sorry, but where would I even get someone's shader cache? Where do people share them?

Reddit had some when I was looking around. Might be an idea to start a pastebins of download locations or put them on the wiki.

I know reddit is evil and all, but r/cemushadercache or something like that is the place to go.

I don't even have an account, just go there and find the mediafire links

Only 3-4 games are 100℅ cached so far tho

I looked around r/cemushadercache but the threads seem empty to me.

Look elsewhere. Just search the entire site for shader cache.
/v/ have been sharing some recently as well, I think.

reddit.com/r/CEMUcaches/

Found it. There we go.

>some Wii U games are now playable at 4k with downloaded texture packs.
at 10 fps

Works
On
My
Machine

Reminder that emugen is no longer being actively archived anywhere.

Proof:
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/165662924

60fps here, with legit audio

Sucks to be you

Switch emulation will never simulate the thrill of playing it in a public place.

>"HYA!"
>"YA!"
>*female anime cries*
>"TASUKATE RINKUUU!"
>*Bling bling bling*
>"HYAAAA!"
>*opens chest*
>DU DU DU DUUUUU

>You will never WAHOOO so much that you MAMMA MIA internally

Why live?

Why would I want to play games in public?

To experience the feeling of sheer embarrassment that comes with doing so. Can't emulate that.

Why would I want to experience that?

You can configure waggle to buttonms, that's how I finished DKCR

Humans seek novelty

That's the best way to play DKCR

Bullshit, 25/30 fps on XcX, solid 60 on Mario 3D World.

I know fampai, I even have real wiimotes and a cusotm made sensor bar and shiet but that's one of those games that waggle just doesn't make any sense and is easily assignable to actual buttons. New super mario bros wii on the other hand has those shitty platforms that make you tilt the wiimote and it sucks that I've never found a decent mapping for it so I have to use the wiimote to play it

After almost a week with Cemu, I have to say that if i had bought a WiiU back in 2012, I would probably wanted to kill myself by now. This shit barely has any game that is worth a damn. right off the top of my head: Bayo 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fatal Frame 5 (which is unplayable right now on Cemu), and Mario 3D World.

Then you have two good game that are remasters, yet another New Super Mario that is the same shit that the one on the Wii and DS, the port of Bayonetta (that I can play on 360, so meh), and that's that.

I don't know why people are exited for the Switch. You can see from miles away that is going to be WiiU 2.0.

Also, what a overrated piece of shit that is Splatoon, for fuck sake.

Can some one recommend me a way to emulate ps1 games? I'm trying to play through Alundra, tried retroarch, but the ui is fucking awful and a window popped up while I was playing and it froze. Tried mednafen, it doesn't recognize my controller at all and it doesn't scale the window. Trying pcsx now, I have everything set up but I can't find anywhere how to actually load a fucking game.

its the same people who are excited for blowjobs instead of sexual intercourse while cumming inside while she's on an unsafe day

must suck to be such a scrub tbq.h

If
Only
There
Was
A wiki
For this
Sort of shit
Question

Why are all the wii u downloads locations in the wiki utter shit?

Git gud

>he's not getting shit directly from nitendo

Glad to see that patreon money is being well spent.

>He paid to pirate

why does ninty just let people download shit straight from their servers?

don't they know what they're doing?

Can I play Switch games with Genymotion? I mean its just ARM

I've been running off the fucking wiki, the 2 best emulators on there are failing me. There's no trouble shooting section, and google isn't very useful for this kind of thing.

They removed the browser on the Switch so it'll be harder to hack or exploit.

They know, but Wii U is fucked

>they know what they're doing

I'm not sure how creating an environment where people can download directly from your servers with a title key they find listed first on google qualifies as "knowing what they're doing"

>They removed the browser on the Switch
What in the fuck? So it's going to be even further behind modern consoles in functionality?

>twitter.com/libretro/status/821700192835698688
It's a gaming console not an ipad user

Every modern console including the Wii U has had a browser.

i'm running pcsx1.4 and after tweaking haunting grounds settings for a few hours, i have it running at 60fps 1080p.
but fionna doesn't have eyes for some reason
and after in-game-engine-rendered cutscenes, fiona's skin texture dumps out and she's completely black
what do?

update

1.4 is the latest version

Is a 3DS an ipad then?

Useless upgrade from a ds with no games?
Yes

You can edit/make graphicpacks. I've been downscaling from 1440p for a bit of AA.

If you call the piles of shovelware games then yes the DS had lots more.

is the 1050ti good enough for cemu?

>is the 1050ti good enough for cemu?
Worry more about the CPU

Honestly tho get a 1060

Alright team, I'm trying to write a tutorial on getting WiiU games for Cemu. Is there a way to convert games downloaded with something like utikdownloader (USB format brazilian method install rready games) into loadiine format games for use with WiiU?
Just can't find the software I need.

Note: I have never used cemu.

>Writing a guide
>Using the wrong tools

Please cease and desist.

The way is to use Wii U USB helper and then decrypt with nusgrabberui

How long before we can emulate mario maker?

That's all I needed. thanks.
I was just reading about Wii U USB helper and I see it's a better version.

Too bad Mario Kart 8 works in 30-40 FPS for me. I guess that's because of my shitty CPU (I5-760)

Man, I just hate that Id be paying a lot more and still get a GB less of GDDR for the baseline 1060 gtx.

>spoonfeeding irredeemable retards

The encrypted game contents are just served over plain http, for efficiency. I guess they thought having them encrypted would be enough for it to not be a problem.

you mean dis?

Does it have any issues running?

very small hiccups every now and then but it could very well be due to incomplete shader cache

the 3gb 1060 is shit, don't buy it. Nvidia was being extra fucking money grubbing this time around desu

No you retard

What are people talking about getting stuff directly from nintendo?

I read the wiki and I can't find what people are talking about

Maybe if you read the thread you would know

I just couldn't find the software I needed. At least I'm trying to help other retards by writing a guide.

I just finished the guide. Check the wiki.

You don't even need all those extra steps, you just right click the game on wiiusbhelper and click convert to loadiine.lol

That's fucking hilarious. Thanks for the help.

Did you try it?

Several sites say to use nusgrabberui rather than usb helper to decrypt

I couldn't actually get NUSgrabber to work. It was complaining about readonly files that weren't even read only.
WiiUSBHelper did it.
Compiling shaders currently.

I have a WiiU and will continue to use it. But it's interesting just to see that this works.

Yes it's what I have always did

>*done

Does anyone know a similar thing you can do with Citra as to what I've just done for Cemu? I want to write a guide for that but I've only ever used freeshop so I don't know what the utilities would be called. Citra doesn't use .cias, does it?