>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webbums with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

ride track ya dingus

No E-bikes cucks allowed

godbike

Electric bikes seem pretty pointless and dumb, and I say this as someone who has an electric car (electric mercedes B class).

have you even ridden one?

Nah, I'll just get rid of this fucking thing and be done with it.

Fuck the dealer extra hard though. Wouldn't buy the bike but said 'If you find someone interested in it, we'll finance it for you!' like the greedy jews are doing me a solid by making money off my product without actually selling it in any way.

"Now, user, we know you are offering us a helluva deal on that ride and we stand nothing but profit for selling it on the cheap because it is new enough to still qualify for financing for over a year, but we just don't want to have to actually pay for anything despite easily making double or at the bare minimum 1.5 times our money back in less than a months time. But hey, we will gladly fuck some other son-of-bitch out of extra cash for a dirty cheap purchase and put a hugely unnecessary middle man in between you and them for extra cash at no risk to us but more money for us for fuck all reason. We will do this as a favor to you!'

when did the drz meme emerge?

>Grow up hearing the future of cars is electric.
>Grow up hearing the future of cars is biofuels.
>Grow up hearing the future of cars is hybrid.
>Grow up hearing the future of cars is hydrogen.
>we are now back to electric.
Yeah sorry, am just a weeee bit jaded with anything claiming to be the future. Especially when whatever it is claims it will topple big oil yet drilling and fracking are ramping up in my area of the country.

I'll start giving a damn when electric motorcycles have at least a 150mi range at 75mph, cost no more than 125% than a comparable gasoline bike, and their charging stations are about a 1/3 as common as gas stations in areas that aren't hippy containment zones.

tl:dr : when they become fucking relevant.

About a month ago.

I'm the turn of the 20th century, no one was certain what the future fuel was going to be and everyone was vying for market share.

It's going to be a bit like that now

The problem with electric bikes is that battery technology is old and dated. Look at electric cars like Tesla, they are big, bulky, and heavy as fuck. Reasonable ranges on bikes just aren't possible because of battery size and weight.

If battery technology actually goes anywhere in the next few decades then electric bikes will be much more viable, until that happens, forget about it.

the "drz meme" meme doesn't exist. just some people acting like it's a bad bike, it's pretty funny

Feel the same way about electric cars.

cool...i guess...

about a month and a half ago.

it's not as good as the "haven't got a busa yet" meme though.

To be fair, you don't need as much battery to get a comparable ride out of a bike because it is lighter, has a smaller engine, and doesn't require as much power. Which is why the limited range they are getting out of them is so damning really.

>tfw no busa

Which is why I am confused as fuck when I stated my desire for a factory HD tracker/scrambler or a DS and some autist posts shit to an electric dirtbike that costs $15000 and has 50mi range.

honestly don't get the hate for the drz, looks like any other dirt bike.

M8 I own a bike ya fagguette

forced meme vs antimeme shitposting user

pic

well considering i dont talk to you even though i live in the same city as you speaks volumes

save the planet one person at a time. Bikes might get more mpg than cars but they pollute a lot more.

Kek

I know man, I know

its looks are a little old school now, but the price+performance surpasses modern dirt bikes and i think it gets people butt frustrated.

square headlights are so 90s

what do you have now?

No one gives a fuck. The number of bikes on the road vs the number of cars means that any money/time/resources spend making bikes cleaner is wasted in the view that it would be much better spent regulating cars. Then, looking at cars, the amount of pollution from oceanic shipping shits all over any attempts to cut global pollution via regulating road traffic.

You want to save the earth? Generate cleaner electricity for the national grids and clean up cargo ships.

Now get fucked greeny.

The worst gasoline powered bike still pollutes less than the cleanest gasoline powered car.

They have terrible emissions FOR THEIR SIZE, but still beat the brains out of cars for their cleanliness. They also have less physical space, use less rubber for tires, use less oil for routine engine running and oil changes, and just all around a greener option in general for 1 person transport.

This is the cutest MotoGP team

>use less oil for routine engine running and oil changes

Also require more frequent oil changes.

That headlight is hideous. Why can't manufacturers just fab up a plastic plate that looks like a number plate for a motocross bike with some super low profile LEDs

nice bike. mods?

A piece of shit 85 shadow 700. Got it for 480, I'll flip it and get myself either a Harley, or an sv650/1000 or something.

What?

My bike requires an oil change every 5k miles. Same as my car.

shitty bike

Why do you say that?

Lets see, that bike had....

a muzzy exhaust. and thats probably it. maybe the 3x3 airbox mod, and I think it had 41mm fcr carbs too

>just fucking snowed again.
Fuck New England

post snow boipucci

How sketchy is this dbt? Particularly the comment about the "lost key". Please and thanks.

"1994 suzuki katana runs great and can be ridden straight home. The engine is really stong and never let me down and the body is clean too. Only thing it needs is a headlight from amazon for $19 and i can order it for u if the cash is paid upfront.

Bought a new gsxr 1000 and so planned to let it got. Just spent $400 for the service and changed tires.

Less price because i lost the key but my mechanic hotwired the bike to start it up. U can probably get a key made for like $30- $60.

My loss ur gain.
I would prefer someone who can come down and test ride the bike instead of asking a bunch of questions through email.
If the ad is up then the bike is still available."

bruh, this storm wasn't even that bad.

sounds pretty legit. Would buy.

About a year or so ago 6 or so of us used to tell newfriends to get the drz400 as a maymay because of how shit of a bike it is, now it is a year later and look how many of you fell for the meme and even continue spreading it.

That's a pretty awesome shot. I gotta find a crossing now

>not wanting an electric dual sport to quietly explore nature with

I got mine in 2012.

no
better to spend the extra money for a different bike so you don't have the possible looming threat of the police or a PO claiming the bike

This is my current shortlist
>MV Agusta Brutale 1090
>Yamaha MT-10
>Ducati XDiavel
>Indian/victory cruiser (the Vic's are heavily discounted)
>XV1900 or Boulevarde (probably not because no ABS)

Nobody cares

i care you stupid faggot

>MV Agusta Brutale 1090
>not wanting an 800 Dragster RR instead

Mine:
>KTM Super Duke 1290 (Husky 1301 when?)
>Husky 701 SM (check)
>Husky TE300 or Beta 300
>Yamaha VMAX 60th Anniversary Edition
>MV Agusta F3 800 maybe

I do a little.

>not wanting an electric dual sport to quietly escape crime scenes

also that

Why the 800 instead?

If it isn't obvious from the list I'm after more low end power than a high revving screamer

Threadly reminder thatt Hondas are fucking shit and I can't sleep.

Almost as light as a 600 and has plenty of low end. Also the Dragster RR is sexy. I have never looked into the 1090 but the 800 has gotten absolutely stellar reviews.

ITT: No talent hacks

Oh ok. Is this just like your dream about the GS500?

Or is it the fact that those bikes are the best bang for buck in that category when you consider reliability, longevity and efficiency? Horses for courses.

bakerxderek has a drz 400. Why wouldn't you want one?

I test rode a 2016 Zero S last year and it was fucking amazing going 60-70mph and not hearing an engine brapping.

When I looked at their 2013-14 bikes I said these are garbage, now their 2017 models actually have respectable performance, the problem is they are TOO EXPENSIVE.

Don't talk shit about that fucking awesome looking headlight.

That shit is god damn futuristic as fuck, HOLY SHIT.

Id get an FXS if it were a few grand cheaper

>hotwired bike
>runs great and can be ridden straight home
>engine never let me down

Well, even if he stole it knowing suzuki stronk motor would plough straight through the boomgate (at cost of headlight), at least he's not lying in the advertisement.

Wait fuck, they're broadcasting this test too? Why am I wasting my time watching Youtube videos?

2 strokes are better than 4 strokes. Prove me wrong.

4>2
QED

>t. short fuse

The future is hydrogen. It's just a not so immediate future.

I guess you are right, but you should see a cardiologist anyways

Their electric duals ports are actually the worse thing you can get cost to performance wise.

They only come with 1 battery pack instead of the 2 but for the same price you can just get a Zero S

two stroke is a bit noisy smoky and fragile to see any use

Noisy and smoky, definitely, but thats arguably not bad things. two strokes arent fragile either. They require slightly more maintenence than four strokes, but as long as that maintenence is done, they can have a pretty long life span.

At least the Grom doesn't have fairings that stick in to your knees if you're taller than 5'10".

>arguably not bad things
the water cooled ones are a bit better
and admittedly they are easy to recondition when they break down

as for fragile it's just that most I have encountered have poor balance for the rpm they run at
and the way they breathe makes carbon build up and consequent overheating a bit more of an issue

I like the way the rpms work though. its like its giving you a boost into the next gear.

Underrated

The fuck you on about nigga, no he doesnt

>clymer manual is 40€

No.

balancing an engine does give the crank more inertia making it slower to speed up or slow down
and an unbalanced engine is only bad within a given range .eg it can smooth out if you go above or below
also something about the gas flow of two stroke means the torque comes in up high (I'm not sure of the reason for this)

>giving you a boost into the next gear
>tfw back flip off a tiny mini bike when the auto clutch kicks too hard

How's a Yamaha Virago 250 cc for a starter bike?
It's got a drive shaft, so my hope is that it'll be pretty light on the maintenance. I'm a broke ass college student, so my hope is that it'll be a good commuter bike (which I would hopefully be able to use for longer road trips also).
Anyone got experience with them?

>virago
Check out the meaning of the word, m8.

are there any people not on the map yet who sent me a request?

You're alive!?

how do i host image??

why can't i just attach it?

>how do i host image??
Use an image hosting service lazy dumbass
>why can't i just attach it?
Because sawath and ktmguy don't want to have to host it for you

Is it even worthy?

Could say the same about you.
Welcome back faggot, I've missed you.
no homo

Oh, it's a girly bike. Shit.