Alfa Romeo IS REKT! FINISHED! DEAD!

So, the Giulia was the car that was going to turn around Alfa wasn't it? It was going to be a huge success. Veeky Forums ravaged about it like little autist shits.

Guess what, Alfa had 32% LESS SALES in 2016. 32% after all the reinvestment and development of new cars.

ALFA IS REKT! DESTROYED! DEAD AND BLOATED.

So, now you're wondering, "but muh Giulia is new, give it time". IT SOLD 7 UNITS IN SEPTEMBER. 0 Z-E-R-O in October and November and 29 in December.

36 cars in 4 months.

LEL

WHAT A FABULOUS LAUNCH

You retards were warned. The car would be a flop. No premium status, shitty tier engines, looks plastered to other brands.

I can't even imagine how hard it will flop in Europistan lacking proper engine offers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QaTn3gaCQYk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whatever it is. I'm waiting for it go under 20k after like 5 years.

Not gonna happen if no one buys it when it's new.

When it's beaten to shit plus that wonderful alfa reliability?

You are talking about Burgerland right? Its normal that it wont sell very good there, since Alfa just stepped on the market. They have no dealerships, no history of reliability etc.

It will do great in Europe tho, it has been selling for a very short time tho, some dealers dont even have it yet.

No it won't you dickhead.

For one the segment sales numbers are very small. Secondly brands like BMW and Mercedes are who own the quotas, plus they have proper engines, which for some people is very important. Most people see a V6 as inferior.

And the most important point, taxes. Even the pleb tier engines will fail hard. While everyone else is going down on engine size to save on taxes while going up on horsepower Alfa was only able to put out a 2.2 with mediocre horsepower. They will be raped in taxes in most countries.

The only real chance the car had was in America. In Europe it's doomed from the start.

You are talkinga bout V6 as inferior, then proceed on bashing Alfas for having engines with big displacement. Are you retarded?

>most people see the v6 as inferior

Yeah dude, my mum browses Veeky Forums all the time. She fucking hates autotragics and v6 engine notes.

go outside.

>Most people see a V6 as inferior.

I thought it was just in america people were like this but i guess i was wrong.

You are wrong. People in EU dont care if its a V8/V6, they care about how it feels / sounds. Also the M3 is a 6-Cylinder aswell. Only the Merc C63 is a V8.

>they care about how it feels / sounds

That;s still kinda bad though. i personally don't care what an engine sounds or feels like so long as it does as advertised. If it sounds good to me then its icing on the cake but not something id write down as a fault/choose different cars over. BMW probably knows how shallow their buyers are which is probably why they have fake sounds and even then some reviewers still say it sounds shitty. as for "feels" i guess that would matter for a "smooth" luxury car if you can put that in the "feels" category but other than that if it accomplishes its goal i'm cool even if it sounds like a dentist drill.

" no history of reliability" well they dont have that in europe either

atleast here in europe , they dont start delivering them yet , 2-4 months from order of car

my issue with giulia is if i would be shopping performance car in class with "QUADRIFOGLIO" , i would just pick up M3 or c63 amg , i would not risk my moneys on alfa , QUADRIFOGLIO should be much more agressive priced to compete , also i think QUADRIFOGLIO is silly name

>i think QUADRIFOGLIO is silly name

I don't even know how the hell to pronounce it.

standard models in standard trim ARE below par..

other manufacturers have upped the game.

they really have a bad habbit of not knowing the customer base.

producing the equvalent of 8/10ths cars.

the same was said about the 4c 8c.. all the talents and the ingredients. just a failure to really follow through on the percieved passion..

how ironic is that?

the m3 competitor may be a way of establishing a niche and reputation.

maybe a way for alfa to understand for themselves..

who will buy the cars they manufacture.

Everything non-english is stupid, right Mr. Burger?

Why exactly are you happy about tha fact Alfa is dying right now? More reliable Toyotas? More germans? More Teslas?

Dying italian brands are a huge loss for every REAL car-ehtusiast.

alfa romeo is and was always shit, a new sportscar wont change that

>REAL car-ehtusiast.

so real car enthusiasts have to buy unreliable expensive trash on 4 wheels to get called one?
fuck italian sportscars, ecxept ferrari

Moron.

You don't know what you're talking about. You never drove one...

oh sweet summer child

Well this guy sounds like he's european and he said it was silly not me so there's that.

2.2L 4 bangers where the competition is doing 1.5L , some even with three cilinders with the same power or even more than Alfa puts out

It isn't that hard to do the math.

People that buy Camrys couldn't care less.

People that buy M3/M4's, real AMGs and whatnot, where Alfa was trying to blend in, care a lot.

Inline 6. A lot smoother and reliable than a V6.

lolwut, they've been on sale since October.

They sold 9 cars since then.

Underrated post.

Couldn't have summed it up better.

Muh passion. Muh Alfa. That argument is old AF.

>So, now you're wondering, "but muh Giulia is new, give it time". IT SOLD 7 UNITS IN SEPTEMBER. 0 Z-E-R-O in October and November and 29 in December.

THEY ARE THE FUCKING PRE SERIES AND THE CARS YOU SEE IN ALFA ROMEO SALOON

How could one be that idiot?!

In Italy the cars have started being shipped from September and in USA they'll arrive later because it has been launched later.

Stupid motherfucking children, kys

Fuck me I'm so pissed I make mistakes...

>Alfa Romeo dealers

The test drive cars and cars that are given to automotive journalists to test and review

Giulia has been officially on sale since September.

All the numbers OP posted are official and you can search them just like I did to see if this was a bait thread.

Why are you shilling so hard? OP is speaking the truth.

lel here comes the damage control

>pre series

>cars sold to the public

Yeah. Guess you're the motherfucking child.

Tell me why as of today nobody talked about this """"scandal"""".

If this is true then why there isn't out any single statement about that from marchionne?

Also the sales figures are registered when the car is plated, not at the moment of the order.

So did you ever drive an Alfa then?

Sales figures are from plated cars you dummy.

Why would someone come and public asap and tell they've failed?

Do you even grasp how economics work?

>muh soul
>muh passion

Again kiddo, they're test drive models plated in order to be on the road.

The dealers own the cars and they're going to sell them once the have a new stock.

Just don't be idiots, there's no way this car is selling 30+ units , also wait for the arrival of the standard models for normal people...

> muh unique italian soul and design

> design a car that looks like a BMW 3 series clone except for the front

bravo alfa romeo

idk
that's not usually how dealer plating works

>literally throw a Dart engine in a Miata
>get Mazda to even build it for you
>sell it as your own car
>????
>PROFIT!

they sold 258 in the Netherlands alone.
Also OP, you are a major fucking faggot.

>the netherlands

my fucking sides

how on earth are the fucking netherlands of all places relevant to markets in actually important countries?

i could sell 50,000 shitboxes that i built in my garage to the penguins in antarctica but no ones going to give a fuck.

(you)

>AMERICA IS THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD FUCK YEAH
alfa sells two cars in burgertopia,one being super niche and the other being a super new sporty sedan and they have almost no rep in the US
also the 7 units in september were given to FCA higherups and the car didn't go on sale till two months later you stupid fucking bitch

kys, fgt

In my small town in France I've already seen 4 different Giulias (all driven by old men), in base trim though, and probably with the shitty diesel engine.

It doesn't seem that bad.

And they sold 11000 of these in the first week or so. ELEVEN FUCKING THOUSAND.

>go to their US website
>can't even build and price the base model or the TI

I would happily buy the base/TI over an Audi A4 but I can't even see how much it's really cost online so fuck that. They need to update their website.

Also the front door/back door dividing column is in a retarded position and there's no way to turn off (abort) the turn signal without actually turning the wheel. Those issues alone would probably piss me off to no end.

If they get the kinks worked out I'll consider the car in a few years. Nothing can be worse than Audi maintenance costs.

Watch this for turn signal stock + divider column location

youtu.be/QaTn3gaCQYk

Would enrage me every day desu

I'm buying one tomorrow down in MA.

They sold over 10k units in Europe though. Of course their market share is pretty low since German cars dominate, but 2016 has stopped the declining trend of the Alfa romeo sales. And concerning how good their post-2010 cars are, I could easily imagine them becoming a premium brand in the near future.

Trying too hard: the post

i have.

was really into the 159 ti 2.2 jtdm.. whatever its called. oil burner. bit more power than the newer 2.0 that replaced it.

knew its an alfa so was nervous as heck.. dat used car reliability when its your own money.

test drove it. black. tan leather.

great torque.

then every time i pressed the brake pedal .. i felt it move away from my foot a little by itself.

i aint no mechanic. so i just drove back home.

the end.

dem salesmen though.

>i didnt even ask.

citation needed you fucking faggot

>Veeky Forums ravaged about it like little autist shits.
it was literally one shill

I don't think anyone knows it exists. They would need tons of marketing to sell it in the US.

Fucking hell I had no idea it sounded that good

Jesus

Well to be fair Alfa has almost zero market share in the US and almost no dealer support. I didnt even know this fucking thing was being sold in the US. The C4 sold like 40 units in the first 6 months.

FCA goombas dont give a fuck.

Gotta admit I love the design language of Alfa Romeo. Interested to see if they can compete with the Germans and Japs. Sad as hell to hear they won't bring their 6spd stick to NA tho.

If I had the money for a car in that segment, I would buy a GS-F

Now way I am risking my hard earned money into the Italian car meme

10475 were sold in Europe last year, it's not THAT bad.