Why did only western classical music gain prominence all around the world?

Why did only western classical music gain prominence all around the world?
Where are all the world famous indian, chinese or arabian composers/compositions?
>inb4 /mu/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3sbyesGcUE
youtube.com/watch?v=jO4KTPP2o90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>why is western music so prevalent in the west
Okay?

West is Best

Just because you don't know anything about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. How old are you?

>Okay?
No. Musicians and orchestras all around the globe play western music and idolize it.
In addition there are extremely talented asian pianists or violinist around these days so one can conclude there have been talented people in the past, too.
So why are their compositions unknown/forgotten today?

22. Hiw does it matter?
Could you name a single indian composer who was or still is famous anywhere else than india?

Not so prominent now, is it?

I suppose more wealth you had, the more opportunities you had to travel and play music internationally

>Not so prominent now, is it?
I'm pretty sure everyone who can access Veeky Forums knows who Mozart or Beethoven is.

>So why are their compositions unknown/forgotten today?
Kek, they aren't? Do you live in Asia do you? Do you live in China? Do you live in Japan? YOu live in the west. Sure, some Asians are really good at western music, are you trying to imply that's all they play over there?

You live in the west, why the fuck would they play only Eastern music here? If you lived in China, you would hear Chinese music.

>No. Musicians and orchestras all around the globe play western music and idolize it.
No they don't. Musicians play whatever they want. Orchestras are different in that their entire tradition was formed to play Western classical music, and it would be like asking why a Mariachi band played Latin/South American music no matter where in the world they are found.

Are you asking why folk songs from other continents never gained prominence? Because European folk songs never gained prominence around the world either.

We're talking about Classical music here. There was no non-European equivalent, and thus nothing to gain prominence. As for why there weren't any, someone else has probably already given an answer.

>As for why there weren't any, someone else has probably already given an answer.
Which is?

So where are western musicians playing these exeptional pieces of art?

Yeah I could. Once again, just because YOU don't know one, doesn't mean there aren't any. I asked how old you are because normally only children are self-centered enough to think that their perception=the whole world

It's not culturally relevant for a westerner to spend his life perfecting the Shamisen?

What the fuck are you even trying to say?

>We're talking about Classical music here. There was no non-European equivalent,
Not only is this completely wrong, but Indian classical music predates Western classical music by like 1000 years

because western musicians credited themselves

you would be suprised how radical getting credits for your songs is in history

Western music is objectively better.

South is the Mouth

East is the Beast

North is the Fourth

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3sbyesGcUE

It's in your picture: notation.

Proof of god's sense of humor and desire to torture me.

I mean, certain men. Not me.

Because they are western musicians now?

Here is great African music.

youtube.com/watch?v=jO4KTPP2o90

>Why did western classical [...] cuck the rest ?
>famous
Because the west invented music related fame. Most music historians would say that around the 18th century, with the bourgeoisie public emerging, a new type music consumption enabled musicians as composers or performers, especially singers, to be seen as individuals, "stars" if you want. From there on, and with all that bullshit german philosophers wrote about art in the next century, the west got hooked up its own farts believing that there was something like musical "genius" ( but only in the west of course ) emanating from individuals rather than a spirit talking through a performer like most other cultures tend to visualize this phenomenon, in a more humble way.
This opinion might sound like butthurt because i've just seen the movie "brother of sleep" Its full of that crap where a guy is a musical genius because he's a special snowflake who can talk to birds and stones and shit,a typical romanticized way to fathom creativity.
It's quite logical that a culture where a musician sees himself as a creative spirit wins over a culture in which the musician sees himself as a mere performer, a servant of this spirit, in terms of reception.

Debussy was massively influenced by the Javanese Gamelan orchestra he saw at the 1889 Exposition Universelle. Hence the whole-tone scales one finds in a lot of his work.

More recently, many new wave bands (particularly Talking Heads) were influenced by the polyrhythms in afrobeat.

Yeah orchestras around the world play orchestral music, that's the whole fucking point. You don't assume that because Gamelans don't play Beethoven, Beethoven's therefore worse than Gamelan music.