V6 vs V8

Does any v6 muscle car offer advantages over the v8? I know that they weigh less, and that might make them handle better, but other than that they seem inferior to v8 versions. Not shitposting, just asking a question.

Other urls found in this thread:

milzymotorsports.com/
wot-tech.com/
wot-tech.com/gen-1/gen-3-hybrid-setup.html
youtube.com/watch?v=uUgIcavXeZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=B1iGiyYMINQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Better empeegees, cheaper. Makes for a better rental/secretary car.

You can tell boys you drive a mustang with the V6 and they'll think it's cute.

Porsche 919 for LMP1 in endurance has a V4 that delivers 800+ hp.
Size means nothing

No

Every muscle car uses the V6 as the pleb option

It doesn't have to be that way but that's how things are done.

Ok, thank you all for your feedback, this is mostly what I thought as well. On a slightly different topic, what about the I4 in the ecoboost mustang? It makes more power than the v6, and gets better mpg. I'm not shilling for it, just asking.

doesn't really relate to muscle cars.

There are some performance variants of the V6 Camaro that take advantage of the lower weight on the front axle.

And imho low profile tires and spoilers don't really fit the muscle car look, so the small wheels and lack of rice makes v6 models look better sometimes

pic related could do with some lowering, but still looks better than the tacky ZL1 imho

Wheel gap is my fetish

Well there is an idea that the smaller the engine, the faster it will wear out and tarbos add to that problem.
>inb4 boostfags get buttblasted

watch when ford gets rid of the v6 mustangs. the ecoboost is their new pleb tier. for new mustangs its v6

The challenger AWD is only available with the v6 engine.

V6 Mustang is shit. The 2016 V6 Camaro is pretty nice tho, the stock exhaust sounds really nice and pulls 0-60 in 5.1 seconds. That very well may be my next car if I can find a good deal on a used one later this year.

Italian V6 muscle > american v8 muscle

>V6
>Muscle

That's not how it works, faggot.

mustang isn't a muscle car, you don't really get muscle cars anymore.

kill yourself you uneducated nigger

nice GT car

>turbocharged Italian compact sedan with a V6
>muscle
y-you too

American engineering exchange rates make it possible
Euro V8 has more value than a Murica V10
Euro/jap V6 has more value than a Murica V8
Euro/jap i6 is about equal to a murica V8
Euro/jap i4 is about equal to a murica V6
Euro/jap i3 is about equal to a murica i4

oh look i can cherry pick v6 engines too.
pony isnt the same as muscle, its about displacement more than anything else.

They are cheaper to buy and daily drive and still fun to drive. Mustangs 2011+ with the V6 have been pretty decent.

Shut the fuck up.

what about a V6+ manual, like in say, a F-body with the 3400 engine?

What about it?

are they any gud?

>rustled level over 9000

That looks so much more meaner than the riced V8.

>other than that they seem inferior to v8 versions

No shit? Are you slow?
Getting a V6 is if you don't have the money to blow on a V8 but still want a muscle car.

glad to see I'm not the only one concerned about modern muscle rice

Don't be poor. Get a V8.

Muscle is full size, pony is smaller. That's why everyone says the Challenger is the only new Muscle car.

>police steelies

The one and only GOAT rim choice

The 3.4 in 93-93 F-bodies is not a 3400, but it is in the same family. The 60* V6 engine family gets confusing because there are 3 different 3.4L variants all sharing the same bore and stroke.
There's the 3.4 SFI, which is what the F-bodies used. It uses the same basic technology as the 2.8L variant had when it debuted in 1979. It makes about 160 HP at the crank.
Then there's the 3400, which was only used in FWD cars. It's actually an upgrade over the 3.4 sfi since the heads are aluminum, add splayed valves, and the heads plus intake manifolds flow a LOT better. Makes between 175 HP and 185 HP depending on model.
Then there's the 3.4L DOHC, which was only used in first gen FWD W-body cars. The performance engine of the bunch. Pushrods were abandoned in favor of a specially designed set of aluminum DOHC, 4 valve per cylinder, pent-roof chamber heads (pent roof being a variation of Hemi heads). These were 7000 rpm screamers and severely detuned from the factory. Power was 200 HP to 215 HP depending on model year. Although the most powerful, it's also the biggest bitch to work on and the biggest bitch to find parts for since a lot of parts were specific to the DOHC variant.

As to how 3.4 F-bodies are, there's less weight over the front end, so they can handle better than a V8 model if you set up the suspension right.
As to modifying the V6, You're going to look at either a 3400/3500 swap (which will bolt right in), or a 3.4/3500 hybrid setup using the heads and intake manifolds from a 3500. Either one can make impressive power, if you know where to shop. None of the big manufacturers really support these engines, but a bunch of small companies make really impressive parts for them.
milzymotorsports.com/
wot-tech.com/

an article on the hybrid setup I mentioned:
wot-tech.com/gen-1/gen-3-hybrid-setup.html

and they CAN be impressive.
youtube.com/watch?v=uUgIcavXeZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=B1iGiyYMINQ

muh dick

>v6 muscle

Having a v8 is a defining characteristic of a muscle car

Buick doesn't agree.

muh mpgs
muh price

>compact sedan
>compact

I wish.

Value? As in price/cost?

>crosseyed compact 4door with a baby motor
>muscle
pick 1

very funny

>V6
>Muscle car
Not a thing.
V6 "muscle" cars are for women and rental lots.

see:

Please enlighten me as to how the GNX is a muscle car.

>tfw drive a Mustang GT with the v8
>feel superior to all the peasants with the v6

Feels good to be the best.

>italian

They already dropped the V6 for 2018.

Muscle cars started with guys putting the biggest fuckin motor they could into the cheapest lightest car they could find. The reason they put big motors was that a big motor meant more power. Now you can push ridiculous Hp with small displacement in superlight vehicles. But yeah modern muscle rice is basically trash.

>drive LS1 fbody
>feel superior to slow mustang gt plebs

>As to how 3.4 F-bodies are, there's less weight over the front end, so they can handle better than a V8 model if you set up the suspension right.

aluminum block/head LS fbody here

kys

There was a dishwasher in the restaurant that I work old man super chill he drove a v6 mustang but he will tell you that it was a just Ford. He say he didn't call it a Mustang out of Respect becouse he didn't have a v8

That's a Grand National, not a GNX, but alright.
>couldn't turn to save its life.
>the same size as most muscle cars
>The G-body was an evolution of the RWD A-body that underpinned the Chevelle
>Literally the fastest accelerating car of the time.

fuck mayne, that actually looks really good

Aus and NZ have strong six cylinder muscle history due to tighter tracks then burgerland