ITT: Autoresolved Battles of History

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Muret
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Beneventum_(275_BC)
historynet.com/invasion-of-yugoslavia-waffen-ss-captain-fritz-klingenberg-and-the-capture-of-belgrade-during-world-war-ii.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Muret

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Beneventum_(275_BC)

>Autoresolved
What did you mean by this?

Battles won in a matter of hours or days at the most.

It was over the moment the first machine gun volley failed to slow them down.

2 months and 1 day = a matter of hours?
At least you tried.

Ez mode for Englishmen

Holy fuck that's incredibly. It's a shame that we're still too close to WW2 for "wacky nazi exploits" to be an acceptable subject for a film. I'd love a dramedy about Fritz capturing Belgrade with a stiff drink and a poker face.

My bad I only noticed Denmark rather then it accounting for the entire Scandinavian campaign.

2 months for Norway

1 day for Denmark

So... what does this mean?

Man saved Belgrade from total overkill by bluffing the city into capitulation, and sped up the progress of the Greek campaign. He did both sides a solid

mfw those casualty figures
are those the actual numbers?

Like in Total War.

>large disparity of forces
>click autoresolve so you don't have to slog through a certain victory
>AI manages to lose a shitton of units they shouldn't have or the battle entirely

Total War games consist of an overmap (depicting all of Europe, usually), and when two armies collide a battle map (depicting a field, and maybe a nearby hill, usually) where you can control your forces in battle.

You have the option, if you're simply tired of conducting battles, to click 'autoresolve'. Unfortunately, the games seem to want to tax you for doing this, and your performance is frequently very bad, sometimes in inexplicable ways.

>Medieval Battle
No.

Not really "Autoresolved" but I just wanted to post it here.

With the right spin it could work. Like talking about the projected casualty numbers at the beginning and showing Klingenberg worring about them.
I agree it could make an excellent movie.

Valkyrie was pretty well done.

That's from here?

historynet.com/invasion-of-yugoslavia-waffen-ss-captain-fritz-klingenberg-and-the-capture-of-belgrade-during-world-war-ii.htm

>Portugal
Yeah wow it really is incredible how they were able to rise to the top and remain a powerful force in Europe... oh wait.
Nice try Ronaldo.

>let's purposefully omit the battle of alcazarquivir, which was such a devastating loss that single handedly forced portugal under spanish domain for 80 years