Brand New Toyota 86... Buy It?

I'm about to pull the trigger on this brand new Toyota 86. Its $30k after taxes. Auto but with paddle shifters....

Do I do it Veeky Forums?

Id be paying with a bank check all up front, no payments.

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/5982150508.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/5957121137.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/5976688054.html
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ctd/5953773858.html
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/5982176529.html
southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5909914119.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/5983835041.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XxWX4y_870c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Auto but with paddle shifters....

I can't even drive manual and I implore you to fall for the manual meme.

Huge mistake for various reasons. But you don't care about that cause this is either a troll thread to get people angry or you're the sort of person that asks for opinions knowing you'll ignore them and do what you want anyway.

I personally wouldnt. For $30k you can get a better overall vehicle. But if you really like the car, i say go for it. I have driven them before and they're pretty fun to drive. Not fast but "snappy" as people say

Ftfy
I don't want to learn manual

Do not buy new, buy used with as few miles as you can find. Picked up a 12k mile 2014 model for 18k and that leaves cash to spare and is closer to what it's really worth so I'm happy

Whats wrong with paddle shifters? Taking it for a test drive again tomorrow.

Manual is overrated.

Not a troll thread I just kind of fell in love with it.

It was so much fun to drive im testing it again tomorrow before I decide lol

If i was to go used it would have to be certified pre owned and the best one is red with 20k miles for $19k.

I hate red.

>paddle shifters
You a fag or something?

Rich fag yeah

>30k to go slower than a miata

>30k
>Rich

jesus fuck, that kike nose on the front is hideous.

the jews are even ruining our sports cars.

go get a late model frs or a new brz, do you really want pic related on the front of your new car?

>buying new
>buying a sports car to be engaged in the driving experience but an auto to be less engaged in the driving experience
>paying 30k cash
This is definitely a troll. No one is stupid enough to buy a toyobaru over a C5, C5 Z06 or Cayman S, or mustang gt 2015+

The auto is full second slower on the 0-60. Like 7 something seconds. It's not a true DCT. I'd recommend at least test driving the manual.

>$5 million dollar trust fund
>$500k in stock holdings
>21 Years Old

I'm the richest kid I know of in my town.

Bought my mom a Porsche Cayman when she turned 45 for her birthday.

whatever dude my dad works for nintendo lmao

I learned manual on my own, don't be a pussy. You are buying the wrong car if you want an automatic, you will have regret in a few months knowing this car would be fun with a manual rather than something to commute with

>What's wrong with paddle shifters?

You're buying this car because you want a fun rwd driver, right? Listen, I own a shitbox without power steering or abs, and with a stick and a steel cable controlling the throttle. You literally can't get more connected to the road and car than that. I know I eventually have to get a new car and I hate the fact that it'll have power steering and abs, because every car does nowadays. Now the car you're about to buy already has every electronic nanny you can image, if you decide to buy it with an automatic transmission and paddles, you might as well get a boring econobox.

But I guess there's a price to pay if you buy a brand new car and don't want to drive around on someone else's farts in a second hand car. It's a shame though, you'll have more fun in that fart chamber than you think. But if you like new car smell, go for it dude.

Pic unrelated.

How many people you know can just pull over $30k out of the bank on a new car and not have any financial issues?

Im not an manual fag, i prefer it but in some cars it does not make sense. The 86 whoever is a car much better suited too manual. You even get a little more power from the factory. The auto in these cars are slish boxes. In this case in particular, you would be completly retarded to get an auto 86. But its your money, you are retarded anyway from buying a 86 and that price anyway so go figure.

with that much money you wouldn't be throwing it at boring 200hp shitboxes
welcome to an anonymous imageboard where nobody cares enjoy your stay

Hurr durr heres one of my investment accounts faggot.

Its only a shitbox because you cant afford one lmao

In this thread all the user's know you are definitely a faggot for buyibg this in auto dct.
>OP knows he's a faggot anyways and still buys.

If you were actually rich you would buy something better than an 86. But i guess money doesn't buy smarts. I doubt you know much about cars anyway and only want the 86 because its a generic coool kid car.

bro ive got like twice as many dollars as you? enjoy ur slow shitbox lmao

What the actual fuck is the point of buying an automatic sports car?

If you want a car that's not manual try finding a used (or new if you want) Lexus rc-f they have a better resale value (if you get bored of it) and if you get it used it's very unlikely that someone thrashed it around mainly because they are kinda pricey to maintain

Can you fix this for me too?

you can still drive manual dude
get a car in manual and youll have it down by the time you drive it home
go break a leg pal

>no 0% financing
I didn't jew my way to a 820 credit score to be fucked like this by Subaru.

"go break a leg pal"

FUCK

This is how the car looks in the manual version, notice the sexy engine? most cars have a crappy plastic cover these days.

I would buy one used. I believe you could find one with around 30K miles for 15-16K leaving some room for modifications if you so desire. A new car is nice, but do what you please with your money. Most of this board rides the bus and is cynical about nearly everything but 20yr'old shitboxes.

This is the same 2017 car in the automatic version, notice how it doesn't look as good as the manual

Listen kid, I am not a manual fanatic, but in these type of cars you buy a fucking STANDARD TRANSMISSION.

Why mod an autotragic pile of shit

>Auto but with paddle shifters....

>Oh man I painted my ka's valve cover red that's gotta be 15hp right there

>implying rosso corsa paint doesn't give you extra 59hp.

torque converter autos suck

This looks so easy and simple to work on, literally no bullshit.

Is the opposite of my BMW.

Anybody on here actually impressed by that?

just fucking kill yourself my man

you'll never fit in with any real car guys with an automatic 86

>Auto
NO.

>thread

>Auto
Like painting a dirty sanchez on the Mona Lisa.

For $30k shouldn't it have the brembo brakes and some other stuff? Or is that BRZ only? Just seems steep.

>auto
>paddle
N O
K Y S
B U Y A F U C K I N G C I V I C 3 K

>German/American cars
>good

> Auto but with paddle shifters
Because that makes a difference. Buy it so you can be laughed at by anyone who passes by and sees the faggot flaps.

>auto

Get red you won't regret it. Gray is boring as fuck. So much better getting a fun color.

You got enough to money to waste. Go for it. Once you get blown away by a fucking minivan from a stop light you realize how retarded you are and throw the thing away.

Honestly, for 30k, the 86 a shit.

Dude the 86 is dumb as fug
Don't buy it.
Go buy a real car that isn't an auto 86

>putting over 250k in one account

Enjoy getting raped when the fdic doesn't cover you

Let's see you change the spark plugs.

do you really want to buy a car from someone who parks like an asshole

you have access to an unbelievable range of cars withing the realm of 30k

examples:

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/5982150508.html

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/5957121137.html

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/5976688054.html

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ctd/5953773858.html

chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/5982176529.html

southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5909914119.html

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/5983835041.html

etc.

I'm not gonna tell you what to do with your money but the "facelift" reminds me of that girl in my grade school art class who was really into anime and always autistically screeched "YAAAAAA" and would close her eyes to make them look chinky.
Do with this info what you wish

Kekd hard at this

Used vs new. Young virgin vs old whore.

the only reason anyone would buy a new car is if money is truly no object, and if they're planning to not give a fuck about it at all. unless you're clueless as to how to hold a wrench, used is always the better decision.

How does it feel knowing you will throw away your dad's hard earned money?

>7849 years old
>2534 previous owners
>73557243 miles
>1830273 farts in the driver's seat alone.
No thanks.

>disdain for used commoner trash
enjoy overpaying

boasting with money you did not make.
Your parents raised you wrong, charles

I'm always buying my cars 2 years old with under 20k miles for around half the new price. Buying something old and run into the ground is a stupid as buying brand new.

which is precisely why you do a thorough mechanical and visual inspection of any car before you buy it, regardless of its age/mileage, you mong

I tried M8. Feet are too big, I can't depress the clutch all the way because no ankles. I can drive memeual on very particular cars but it's harder when you have no feeling or joints. It's like trying to drive with a clown shoes tied to a broomstick that's strapped to your thigh.

How can I remove previous owner farts from my interior with a wrench?

Same way you remove the 20 peoples farts that farted in a new car before you bought it

Pardon the woman argument, but you just don't get it.

>implying the final assembly tech doesn't fart in the car when it's rolled off the line
>implying the dealership employees don't fart in the car

you need to calm those neuroses

TOYOTA TESTAROSSA

no, i get it. you need a status symbol because owning an older car is passé.

>Auto but with paddle shifters
>Paddle shifters

Nope.

That's not $500,000, fag. Way to lie on an anonymous message board.

I don't need to prove to myself that I can keep a piece of shit car on the road with nothing but a wrench, duct tape, WD40 and my sheer force of will. My friend bought a 30 year old car because he thought it was cool, it didn't have a single problem when he bought it. Guess who drives when we pick up parts for it.

C6 corvette for 30k

I'm like 90% sure that the steel intake manifold was introduced on the 2016 model year. My meme machine is a 2014 in MT and has the plastic version.

>"my friend is full-blown retarded so he drives an old car with no reliable backup"
can either of you into preventative maintenance or did you meet through Mensa?

Just get a camry. The experience of driving it would be the same. They're both auto and boring to drive and nobody will look twice at you're little grey Toyota.

If you "can't" drive a manual get a Lexus. Then at least people will think you have braincells in that empty head of yours

>ask Veeky Forums for advice
>Veeky Forums gives advice
>disregard advice
>shit talk Veeky Forums and flaunt imaginary money
>"why cant i find real friends or happiness?"

the front bumper is making the same face i made when i first saw the new front bumper design......EW

this guy has never driven one

the auto is much more fun than any FWD car

it will drift also, its not for racing other people

its for skids and fun

its definitly a car with soul

its a car that if you are a non car person it will make you into a car person just through joy of ownership

This is the dumbest shit I've heard, it won't drift. It can slide around a corner like any other RWD car

>it's another americans moan about manual transmission thread
lol

Yes, I know it's embarrassing plenty of lazy pussies that don't want to enjoy cars. Really makes you think why they are on Cambodian auto enthusiast board with little interest in cars

i test drove the auto 86 five days ago it it was the least fun ive had driving in a while

the steering felt really good

but if you are going to buy a car THAT IS MADE TO BE FUN the only reason to get auto is if you are physically incapable of using a clutch.

like this badass youtube.com/watch?v=XxWX4y_870c

i bet you dont own one and havent driven the maunual or auto

ive owned both

both drift in the summer, winter, wet, and dry

both cars are really fun to own and use on a day to day basis

stop bullshitting
you really have no clue

I TEST DROVE IT

IT WAS THE LEAST FUN IVE HAD

how long was your test drive??????

ive owned the auto for 3 years

and the manual for around 3

you dont even own one yet here you sit acting like you have any idea

Brz was my first manual, I was able to learn on my own. Test drove auto for shits and giggles and it was horrible. Sad you went through and got an automatic, are you the amputee above because "hurr Durr nobody to teach me" is no excuse

It is the best combination. Fun of manual with the economy and modernness of computerized auto.

Glancing at the thumbnail, I couldve sworn that this was a shitpost with a Tesla. I've been dormant on the Veeky Forums scene for a while, when did they re-design the GT86? It looks nice

>Brz was my first manual, I was able to learn on my own

This. Had no practical experience driving a manual, but understood the concepts. Test drove a auto to see if I liked the car, bought one and learned on the way home. Took me like 5 minutes to get it off the lot

generally driving a car is a good way to get an idea of how it is.

it was ~20min.

im comparing to my Suzuki X90s and Fieros. Those are fucking riots, especially compared to this auto 86.

i really went into it wanting to like it. i wasnt trying to be a shitlord

Most people over the age of 25 should be able to.

It is important that you have things like an 9 month emergency fund, 20% per paycheck into a retirment fund, and are setting aside fun money for vacations and hobbies in your early 20s.