Why did the concept of a 4x4 minivan never gain much popularity?

Why did the concept of a 4x4 minivan never gain much popularity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0BELjEHLNc
youtube.com/watch?v=muEjLWh4c-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most suburban parents don't take their little shits off-roading a whole lot.

It did. They are called SUVs.

it did in some countries

Most people who buy minivans dont know what a transfer case is or how to use it

Because they were really fucking horrible to drive, used more fuel than people liked it to and more expensive than need be. It was also a bit too much of a niche, with the market of people that need a van and also need 4x4 being quite small

Because minivans were meant to deliver similar fuel economy and road handling to an econo family sedan while offering more interior space. They were never intended to be go-anywhere vehicles and it would've compromised their other upsides if they had been. That's what Jeep Cherokees were for, not Dodge Caravans.

would sex a 4x4 MPV

You have the photo of that 8x8 Excursion currently under construction in Iceland saved somewhere? I absolutely cannot find it.

Not an Excursion, but is this the one you're thinking of?

Body on frame SUV is more durable and holds the same or more.

Yeah, that one. Absolute madmen.

Jeep Cherokee not work when I carry products for 3 weeks over 500 kilometers of post-apocalyptic landscape. American pussy cannot understand

How does the door work? You need to reach over the flair while standing on the tire?

I have no clue... its been years since I stopped questioning icelanders and their way of life

We're not talking about Russia here, we're talking about minivans.

Some time even minivan not enough, have big 4x4 bus also.

Weakling

Fucking leaf only afford 1 bus, glorious Russia afford 20,000

The Mitsubishi delica was great

>More efficient than a SUV
>More capable than a SUV
>More space than a SUV

Road handling FELT worse because you were over the wheels than behind but I have seen guys in delicas bomb through corners that I faltered at in a e46 330i and people call ME wreckless.

They aren't as easy to work on as you have to lean into the cab rather than the engine bay to do work. Regular maintenance is easier because it is better thought out but anything beyond routine and you were better off dropping the engine

Only a Japanese, Asian thing
Crossovers killed the minivan

>yfw youtube.com/watch?v=Q0BELjEHLNc

In USSR it caught on.

I should've been more precise and specified that was in comparison with regular vans/minivans.

Russians put JDM and Porsche engines in daily work vans, just because they can

Because Russia can't afford roads.

youtube.com/watch?v=muEjLWh4c-E

delica and uaz are basically just coe suvs.