Land Barge Thread

Didn't see one, so I figured I'd start one. Post your big, gas-guzzling shitboxes.

>cutting nigger speaker wiring out of my ghettomobile
>it's grounded in the trunk, carpet has been pulled up and see another small wire going to the same ground the nigger wires were
>cut it just the same
>must've been some part of my turn signals, 'cause now they don't blink, they just come on and stay on.

I'll give you ten dollars for it.

Currently driving the Crown Vic, Caprice is in the garage for the winter.

Caprice has a problem with starting and when I manage to get it started, it stalls out right away. Dash keeps saying low oil so I've been looking into that, I think there is a problem with a vacuum line perhaps... its a phantom problem, I replace something, car runs fine for a little while then it comes back.

Eager for spring so I can get back into working on it.

Guys. I have a dodge ram van 1985.

I was driving it around my property to the barn in the snow. I didn't really check the oil for a long time.

I looked at the oil pressure right before it died, and it was low.

Then the engine started revving low as I was idling and died.

Then I tried to start the van again, but the starter made a weaker and weaker sound.

Used a new battery and still not changing.

Did I seize my engine?

Or is my starter dead?

I put oil in it.

And the starter does turn over and I think I can hear the engine turn over. But after a while it starts clicking.

engines need steady rpm to hold oil pressure. not saying yours isnt low but i would try a fresh starter (and check for other culprits). also see if you can spin the engine over by hand with a breaker bar on the crank snout before you buy anything, if you cant then its prob seized

the clicking is a dead giveaway of a fucked starter. additionally check grounds and vacuum lines for the sake of checking them

This works with an automatic transmission too?

put it in neutral my dude

I presume youve already replaced the Optishit ignition. If not, start there. If so, still start there. Those fuckers fail at the first sign of moisture, regardless of how new.

Oil pressure light might not be related. Sensors on those things like to fuck up all the time. Common issue on nearly all GMs of the period.

Yeah, Ive already replaced the opti and the vacuum lines for that are functional. Pretty certain its not that. Its weird how I can get it to start up perfectly fine at random times and stalls out otherwise it fights to start

Tbh sounds like typical optispark probs.

May seem silly, but hit the ignition with a hairdryer for a while. I had the same problem in cold weather. Condensation from the engine heat in the cold was fucking it up. Kept a hairdryer and ac adapter on deck to start it until I got another (third) ignition.

Really tho... Optispark a shit. I want a fleetwood but I'd rather replace HGs in a northstar once in a lifetime than never know if my car is going to start or not.

someone glued the carpet down in the trunk, and it was loose, so I just pulled it all up, now it looks like shit. What's a quick fix to cover it up?

work in progress
it's time for a cruise

Nice trips.

Also, what mpg do you get?

Is there such thing as landbarge car culture? How does it differentiate itself?

We meet up and go cruising at 5mph below the limit to the local Old Country Buffet, where we talk about how evil immigrants and hip-hop are before heading home for a fun-filled night of high-fiber oatmeal and Hogan's Heroes reruns.

I have no idea...

It's my son in law's van. Probably horrible gas mileage. The thing is so old, we dare not even try to get it registered. The driver side door doesn't work. The brake and tail lights don't work. The van dies randomly while driving. The mirror won't hold in place. And the whole thing is rusted up. The pic I posted isn't of the actual van.

I'm a legal immigrant. And now they're debating on deporting immigrants for using food stamps. My mom is nearly 60 and uses food stamps. She was granted asylum over 15 years ago by an immigration judge. It sucks that I now have to worry that they would deport my mom.

I fucking hate Trump.

>asylum

she has to go back

This.
Make American White Again

Take all the free hardwood samples from THD or Lowe's and make a floor

Lol stay mad. Ya'll won't be here for long anyway