Truckerfag thread

>Don't Run Over The Abos Edition

Grevious Tread:
>Swift: Best In Class
>Don't Sign That Lease
>44 Tonnes
>CDL how do? Private trucking school or gommunity gollege, getting it through megas a bad time
>Primefag is lease, finances are kill
>Bepis' waistline is kill from free energy drinks, hardly remembers time spent at Pepsi
>Oilfag crushed by expired paperwork, funeral tbd
>Whiney no longer Swiftfag
>Plz no Ally Knight
>Trolls gon' troll
>Trucking school either costs a little or a lot of monies
>McCafe is best cafe
>Choosy supertruckers choose Peterbilt
>Protip: Do a 34 hour reset at the fuel island

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pb-M2HetRu0
youtu.be/EmAAaXI8riY
ca.indeed.com/cmp/Walmart-Fleet/jobs/AZ-Truck-Driver-22780273cf80d9b4?sjdu=vQIlM60yK_PwYat7ToXhk8jtQx_xXZxLdHWo6UCzOwIWrCkrZ3wL2Wy4rudXjJss67kdhqD2jkVsEmOD6ZoObVNstweowX6ioLrSGRQNQa0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

trump is a faggot

Fuck the abo's.

TFW nice day and forgot my sunglasses

>Be felon
>Felony is 5 years old
>Was pretty young when I got it
>Have had a clean driving record since getting the felony
>Poorfag

How do I go about becoming a trucker? It's something I always wanted to do if I couldn't get into office work, and, well, the felony fucked getting an office job for me.

It's a class I felony. Child abuse recklessly cause harm that I stupidly took the plea on because they threatened 10 years in prison and I had little to no faith in the public defender.

>child abusing trucker
plz don't become a mobile molester

roehlretard is M.I.A.

This chesty Roehl recruiter will sneak into your sleeper tonight and give you the blowjob of a lifetime, but only if you can summon roehlretard from the nether.

Channel your energy lads.

RIP your mole eyes.

I didn't hit my kid. I was already on probation for a burglary which was and has been dropped, and wasn't supposed to be in the state I was in, and my 1 year old fell in her crib and bruised her face. My wife's step sister called the police a couple days later, the DA threatened 10 years in prison, and I took the first plea bargain that came my way like a dumb ass instead of taking it to trial like I should have. I'm still with my wife, have had another kid since then, they're obviously happy and healthy. I'm just looking for information on getting into a field where I can provide the things my children deserve.

Get felony expunged.

I live in WI so that's never going to happen.

You dirty jin jockey, who would want to fuck abbo's.

>provide the things my children deserve.
Like an absent father? As thats what you will give them if you take up OTR.

>can't provide for family to being a felony kiddie diddler
>still have second child
>still can't find job
Are you people stupid or something?

might be black, though they had a crib so he may have come from a single mommy home

>kiddie diddler
Ignored. I don't have time to respond to a shit talking loser who can't even read. I have a job. I want a better job.

Yeah, if I take up over the road. More like a a house that isn't falling apart, and food that isn't some shit brand, or being able to afford for them to go to camp and shit like that.

Whatever you say, cunnyphile. Should've thought about your actions before not after. Now live with the consequences.

Guess I have to fix the grill now.

Kek, well played. I use to live in tweed heads and nearly fucked an abo... thank fuck i didnt!!

something happen or did it just fall off? seems pretty weird for it to fly up like that, any damage?

How long that thing is? I'm an Eurofag, who drives a 25m long combination of a rigid truck and a full trailer / dolly + semi

It's normally 7yrs for a felony anyway

Just start applying. You could still get something. Recruiter dude from TransAm told us he had a firearm charge on his record and didn't have too much of a problem getting jobs. As long as it's just one charge and not super recent you will get something.

Have fun getting rekt by abbos

Chip truck was going the other way about 80mph and I was doing 60 down a narrow two lane. Just popped out out a marker light on the visor and shorted all the marker/running lights into my right turn signal somehow. Other than that, no damage to anything.

I forgot about cupi-kun. Haven't seen anyone post him in a while.

Looks like a 20mtr maybe.

Apply to c.r. England. I think a felony will probably make you seem more employable to that company.

I'm not really sure but my guess is 22m or so maybe? don't hold me to that though

Thanks for the real advice, user

>I think a felony will probably make you seem more employable to that company.
That could be true since they get a tax writeoff

I demand a webm of the event! That ZF sheila will suck your dick as payment

That looks about right.
Sorry for the shitty picture, but that's what I drive

Did you crash?

Don't listen to Troll-kun, just keep applying and you'll get something that you can better your kids lives with.

Oh dang. Gonna chrome it on up?

That looks like a delight to drive in tight quarters.

First time /tfg/ has made me legitimately lol.
RIP grille.

That charge probably looks better to companies than any traffic shit like DUIs or even a couple crashes. And it isn't a theft charge either which is good. I mean it sucks but with the other people they hire, you will be good especially if you have a solid work history. Company cuck it for a couple yrs and try to get that shit expunged at 7yrs or just become an owner-op and people can fuck off if they want to know anything besides your truckin record.

Looks like the last guy to pump out here had some fun.
Now I get to dodge sticky sand filled puddles of asphalt.

As soon as Scott Walker is out of office I could probably file for a straight up pardon

>Image title
>2017/02/02

What is the future like?

Can't do a webm, but I'll get you a youtube link in a minute.

Nah. Going to get a quote from the local line-x shop. If they'll do it for under $100 dollarydoos I'll break even on a new one after buying one used from ZF.

Ayy lmao.

Fucken hot and humid. Kill me

Go away

>Grill
>Line-X

Is it from global warming or the war against The Machines?

As requested. Can I get a receipt for reimbursement in full?
youtu.be/pb-M2HetRu0

Line-x is a durable coating for all high wear surfaces. If they do an alright job the mirror shells and cab fairings are next.

Looks like someone is not doing their pre trips.

Yeah, I know what it is; a lot of pickups have it sprayed in for a bed liner up here.

This should help express my feelings on the matter:

youtu.be/EmAAaXI8riY

Kthx.

ZF is our service provider of choice, please ask her.

In my defence, I wouldn't have ever imagined that it would be geolocked.

It was no longer shiney and chrome, it only wished to be witnessed.

>load requires 2 load locks
>i have no load locks due to various tcalls.
>buy load locks, turn in receipt for reimbursement
>no reimbursement
>kindly ask fleet manager what the fuck
>get told it will be taken care of
>no reimbursement
>less kindly ask fleet manager what the fuck
>oh sorry I'll make sure it's on the next check
>no reimbursement
>angrily ask what the fuck
>I'll get back to you
>no reimbursement
>WHAT. THE. FUCK.
>okay so it looks like what you were supposed to do is get an R.O. number from breakdown
>wat
>it's ok though I'll take care of it this time
>get reimbursed
>o.....k.....
>year goes by
>load requires load locks
>i have none due to tcall shenanigans
>call breakdown
>lol what no what are you smoking just buy them and turn in the receipt
>are. You. SURE?
>yea but hold on I'll transfer you to somebody else who should know
>fleet manager.
>Says yea I don't know what you're talking about just write it up on your trip sheet as a repair
>o.....k....
>no reimbursement
>carefully, slowly and deliberately ask fleet manager WHAT IN THE GOD DAMN FUCK
>um...I'll get back to you
>no reimbursement
>blow up fleet managers phone, leaving a message every 5 minutes until they answer
>I need an answer. Today. I need a clear and concise explanation of what I need to do to get my money back. Today. I need a clear and concise explanation of what I am supposed to do the next time this happens. This company has 5,000 trucks on the road. I LITERALLY CANNOT BE THE ONLY PERSON THIS HAPPENS TO. YOU MUST HAVE A POLICY IN PLACE. EXPLAIN. PLEASE
>I'll get back to you
>TODAY
>yes, today.

>get a message 5 minutes before they leave for the day
>ok so like what you need to do is take your receipt to a parts counter at any of our terminals and they take care of reimbursing you
>you cannot be serious
>i got that straight from ops (lol who?)
>okay...we'll play this game
>go to parts counter at main conoany terminal
>stoned guy looks at me funny, goes in the back, comes back with two load locks
>uh...no I don't need load locks, I need to get reimbursed for ones I bought
>oh...OH....haha dude you just write that up on your trip sheet...what idiot told you to bring me your receipt?
>Furiously ask fleet manager WHY ARE YOU PLAYING THESE STUPID GAMES REIMBURSE THESE FUCKING LOAD LOCKS OR I JUST START TURNING DOWN LOADS THAT REQUIRE THEM AND EXPLAIN TO MY DISPATCHER IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE FUCKING IDIOT
>calm down...I'll get back to you
>actually calls me back in 10 minutes
>ok..so the parts counter thing was, if you need to get load locks you should come to one of our company parts counters
>let me see if I understand you correctly. My load locks are in a sealed trailer, which I drop in st louis. My next load picks up in st louis, and requires load locks. The nearest company terminal is in kansas city. The official company policy is that I should drive there and back, during business hours, to get load locks.
>um...
>yes?
>I'll...get back to you
>calls back 10 minutes later
>ok. I'll make sure they get reimbursed on the next check
>what. Exactly. Am I SUPPOSED to do in that situation
>just...write it up and call me to make sure it's taken care of
>and you have no other drivers that ever run in to this problem?
>well...no I think there was just a misunderstanding of what the problem was
>I cannot possibly see how.
>next paycheck
>no reimbursement
>And ALSO no reimbursement for a trailer washout, which has never been a problem before

>carefully explain to fleet manager that the company now owes me over $100 and that I am more than willing to take them to court for it, even if it costs me more money than I get out of it, just because I will not stand for this petty bullshit
>I'll get back to you
>tomorrow is payday
>settlement report shows the washout reimbursement, and an extra "tractor parts" reimbursement in the amount of $48.00
>great. But the amount for the load locks was $54.61
>after all of this insanity, they're literally fucking me for $6
>thinking I'll just walk in to my fleet manager's office, take something off her desk, say "this looks like it's worth about $6", and walk away.

In 6 months my DUI will be off my driving record (it's been 5 years), but I'll still have a criminal record. Is there any chance that I will get hired as a trucker?

I'm so glad I do tanker work.

Fendirror strikes again

>three posts of mad
I beg, borrow and steal any load locks I can. I think I'm up to 10 on the truck now.

>yfw its the only night cold enough to go below zero
and he sets his trailer brakes.

this made me laugh harder than it should have.

>trucking
>better
nah. not likely,the only guys who might possibly look at you is the terrible mega's and that wont be till all of those charges are expunged or fall off your record. think they fall off in 10-7years. if ever, since you pleaded guilty.
canadian truckstop? i know they're mostly turn outs up there.

>Is it from global warming or the war against The Machines?
From the steam coming put of Malcom Turnbulls ears after Trump hung up on him.

LandStar best company for o/o?

Charges don't "fall of your record", there's just varying degrees of background check and different company policy.

And yeah, better. Even at 20 cents a mile averaging 600 miles a day I'd be making more than I am doing shitty factory work.

What's the best time to learn how to truck? I'm 24 and have been driving manual since I was 16. I have literally nothing for me down here and want to be an antisocial fuck as much as possible. Do you always start small and get bigger as you go or can you literally gun for whatever you'd like?

I'm connected to zero other trucker fags and know nothing about the industry but it has fascinated me since I was a kid.

Horrifying. They aren't ignorant, they just don't care about worsening their position. Why change their systems when 80% of drivers will just eat the cost because it's too much of a big hassle?

I also started small 4 years ago. Everyone I know of starts small. Your first year is hardest because you're quite risky and unproductive. Insurance for drivers under 25 is very expensive and that is another entry barrier.

That said, if you're a hard worker you'd be an asset regardless of your experience. Set goals for where you want to be and make sure you're moving towards them. Companies will gladly take advantage of your position and have you grind bullshit indefinitely. Make your moves.

All understandable, my current job has me working 7-7 and fucking shit all round, so grinding mundane things isn't a big issue.

So I guess I could start of with MR licencing at first? And look for something small like moving about landscaping materials? No clue basic ins are with this kinda of stuff.

You're likely going to have to go OTR for 18-24 months. The smaller trucking jobs usually require experience even though it's a hell of a lot easier.

Go HR roadranger but drive whatever.
Cucks coming in to drive our trucks with auto licences get laughed out of the office

Anyone know how early a Target DC will take me?

No it won't, kid, MVRs go back 7 years, not 5.

>load locks
>not glorious load straps
4 straps and I only lost two 6 packs of beer in a year of hauling it (bottle defects, most likely, pallet collapsed in on itself).

>yfw he can't get out a hammer and pipe and fix it himself

If you like just giving away 38% of everything you make before giving away 30% of what's left in taxes, then sure.

March-May is a good time to start. You'll get your road legs in the summer, and it'll start snowing before you get cocky enough to really fuck something up. Unless you have a large fortune you're looking to turn into a small fortune, you're going to have to start at the bottom doing cuck per mile like everyone else. Don't fuck around getting licences incrementally. Just get the top level and go.

You'd better be the aussie with that upside-down pic.

>No it won't, kid, MVRs go back 7 years, not 5.
Wrong. I guess it depends on state/province/country, but either way you didn't answer my question.

TMC

>DUI

That's gonna be a no from me, dawg

It depends what the other charges were for, but DUI is a huge no-no for potential truck drivers. If it's been long enough you might get lucky though. Look at companies you'd like to work for and see if it's not a deal breaker.

That gif hurts to watch

>other charges
There are no other charges, that DUI from 5 years ago is the only time I have ever really been in trouble with the law. It will be off my driving record, wont affect my ability to get insured, but it's almost impossible to get a criminal pardon in this country thanks to our former prime minister Stephen Harper, and I'm certainly not getting one after just 5 years. You're right though, the only thing I can really do is call around. Although I was looking through job listings this morning, and Wal-Mart specifies that their new drivers cant have any "driving-related criminal convictions" within 36 months, so I would in the clear with them at least.

>Wal-Mart specifies that their new drivers cant have any "driving-related criminal convictions" within 36 months, so I would in the clear with them at least.
No, you wouldn't. They want 36 months of spotless professional driving. Wal-Mart only hires the best drivers, it's like the highest position for regular OTR guys.
Prime or CR England would love to have you, though.

10 years is the industry standard. Some of the better ones, like the one I'm leased to, don't care how old it is. It's always a no-go.

>Minimum of 2 years verifiable tractor trailer driving experience
>No driving related criminal code convictions in the previous 36 months
>ca.indeed.com/cmp/Walmart-Fleet/jobs/AZ-Truck-Driver-22780273cf80d9b4?sjdu=vQIlM60yK_PwYat7ToXhk8jtQx_xXZxLdHWo6UCzOwIWrCkrZ3wL2Wy4rudXjJss67kdhqD2jkVsEmOD6ZoObVNstweowX6ioLrSGRQNQa0

Alright, so I don't have the trucking experience to get hired with Wal-Mart, but their policy on criminal convictions is pretty straight forward. Someone with an old DUI may not be competitive in the hiring process, but according to that it ad it wouldn't automatically disqualify an applicant either.

And I never said I was necessarily expecting to get hired with Wal-Mart. My point was that if they are willing to overlook an old DUI than I'm sure other, lesser companies are as well.

That's why you start with a place like CR England (I can't tell if Prime does anything but owner operator, but I promise you that's a retarded thing to do)

most of the guys in here are 'murican, eh. Not that they are necessarily good companies but try giving trans x and bison a call and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the tip, I'm not expecting to work for the best company, it was always my understanding that you gotta work a few shit jobs just starting out.

>tfw DAFworth

Why is the load getting you home always the most fucked up?

Because God hates us all.

Iktf

>Parked an hour away from my cons, after I unload I head home
>Appointment isn't set until 1900 tomorrow evening

Well. Goodbye 24 hours.

The new ride.

Should I waste my money on a CB? My trainer's truck had one but it seemed like not many people use it and when they do it's not very purposeful.
I feel like I'm supposed to have one though

>go my first six months without a cb
>mom buys me one for my birthday awhile back because "truckers have to have a cb"
>still haven't installed it, too lazy/stupid

Though I have some time tonight if someone wants to walk me through this.

That's another thing is that I don't know what to do or what you need other than the radio and antenna

If you don't need a cb for going to shippers/relievers then why bother? although they are nice if you're stuck on the highway in traffic and want to know what's going on.

I THINK it comes with everything you need except the antenna but my truck came with an antenna. I'm sure setting it up isn't that hard but the instructions are vague and shitty, like they assume I already know how to wire and tune a radio. It isn't as simple as just plugging it in like I thought it would be.

I go to a few receivers that wish everyone had one but I don't have to have it anywhere

>Alright driver put it on channel 2 and when we call your name after we call out 10 other drivers first you can come in

Topkek it's 2017, here's my phone number.

How do you fit in that sleeper? that's gotta be smaller than euro trucks.

Are those really sleepers? I always figured you just keep tools and shit in there. I know there are still smaller KW and Pete sleepers that are close to that but shit like in his pic you couldn't even lay on your back.

Literally read the instructions. The only difficulty I had was that this truck had a different radio in it before so the power adapter that was wired in was different. Shop grabbed a compatible adapter for me and plugged it all in. I read the manual to figure out how the knobs all needed to be tuned, but more advanced tuning can be done by a CB shop.
That silver rectangle above the toolbox is a vent usually seen on sleepers that are ordered without windows. Looks like one of those cramped 'just-in-case' sleepers.

I think it's only meant to be slept in during emergencies. It's basically a fap cabin.

>fap cabin
Ehh, that's not too bad. I could use one of those for the Florida 20-min tropical thunderstorms when I just sit in the truck and wait it out.

Although they would be dirty as fuck in our trucks. The other day I had a brand new truck (got these beginning of summer) and there was half-eaten fried chicken in there from a couple days ago. Fucking animals.

Even doing this dedicated account that runs mostly I-71 and I-75 at least once a month the cb gives me info that allows me to bypass backups on the fly and stay on time. OTR was even more often than that. Of course the radio has to be on BEFORE you get to the backup/closure to do any good.

You run out of Cincinnati by chance?

How much time off at home do long haul truckers typically get?