Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums

Im looking for a new car. Whats your opinion of an A3 sedan/Saloon

I hear the 1.4 turbo petrol engines are superb.

Anyone own one?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_MQB_platform#MQB-based_models
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

overpriced VW trash

Nice Jetta

>Audi
>1.4L
>Turbocharged

>shit model a3
>literal bottom base to sell to blacks and women
>vag reliability
>will depreciate entirely in 5 years

i bet you just got a job

here is an idea, but a used mustang and go to the gym. you'll get a lot more pussy

These fuckers run like 30psi stock, there's no way that engine is gonna last any longer than the warranty period.

If that's the exact car in the OP he's not somewhere that you can get a used mustang easily, or for cheap anyway.

i'd love an RS3 but there are better ways to waste your money than a 1.4 TFSI

>psi

your opinion is invalid

So i should get the 2.0 diesel?

>t. yurocuck
Your entire continent is invalid.

>having boost pressure higher than tyre pressure
that's where you know something has gone horribly wrong

>£17,000
You could buy a proper car for that.

No, you shouldn't waste your money on what is literally an overpriced VW in the first place.

Yeah im british. In our eyes a mustang is cheep plastic crap. It has to go back

enjoy our sanctions

and the mustang is expensive "premium" crap
please don't get a fucking new A3, and you REALLY don't want a TFSI

kill yourself for living on a shit island. maybe you can get some good american cars now that you all have a good trade agreement with us

Enjoy your sharia law.

Ok what do you suggest?

I was looking at an A class. Or a 1 series. I know an A class is shit and I already have a 1 series

you mean that same sharia that discriminates woman and is against abortion? kek

M135i

t. Brit/o/

>I already have a 1 series
Then why would you even be looking at an overpriced Golf sedan? You have the better option already.

ofc, my only advice is if you are going german, go Diesel.
Unless you go for the high end sport version.

>buying the badgewhore model
Just get the golf or jetta if you're set on a vag product. Or you could get a gen 1 twingo.

>Or you could get a gen 1 twingo.
Brits can't unless they're willing to import and deal with LHD.

I always thought that turbocharged petrols are a meme

And the usual mindscape in my are is that the 2.0 / 1.9 Turbo Diesel is the German dream.

t.skoda

love the new 1 series, but these new german cars are all the same desu, go for the one you like

Skoda/Seat

The A3 is literally built on the Golf platform, using the same mechanical parts as the golf. Even the S3 is an overpriced Golf R, the only A3 with an engine not available in the Golf is the RS3.

I meant the Czech dream, I'm a moron sorry

The mk7 golf is mqb. The a3 is mqb and has the same engine options. It's essentially the same car. There's no reason to be a badgewhore.

Its 6 years old

>good american cars

Oh you

I do a fair few miles. So not really viable

So? Fix broken things, keep it, save money in the long run.

It will produce 124 thundering horses, which you can get in the A1, and the Golf, and the Polo, and the Seat Ibiza, and the Seat Leon, and the Skoda Rapid, and the Octavia, and the Q3, and the Q2, and the Seat Ateca, and probably everything else. I don't think you should do it, because its not worth £10k. If you think girls will think you're a big dick OG with your used A3, you're sort of right but mainly wrong.

busriders here early I see

there are usually some floating around on autotrader

I'm in a long term relationship so im not interested in picking up new pussy. Im after, an executive style, comfort and performance.

The a3 seems to wipe the floor with its rivals in most departments especialy the sportsback. But it looks alittle chavy imo. So thats why im looking at a saloon.

i had a 63 plate sportback s line

it was a nice place to sit in and looked the part, but they are massively overpriced and real world MPG figures were hilariously bad

the 1.4 just isn't up to the job for the A3 (especially the sportback) its quite a big heavy car

Golfs always seem a bit boring on the inside. Plus i dont want a 'hot hatch' im not 19 you see

It says the 1.4 can do 0-62 in 8 secs. So it cant be too bad.

they also said it would do 55mpg

[spoiler]it didn't[/spoiler]

the torque for real world applications makes 0-60 feel like 10 minutes

Then why can you only afford a shitty a3? You could get a used s6 with a v10. If all you need is a basic commuter then get a basic commuter.

>points out that its a literally a glorified VW
>must be a busrider

Why cant audifags handle the truth?

>A3 (especially the sportback) its quite a big heavy car

yuropoors lmao

dude im not op but those are two completely different cars in two completely different segments. you should stop offering car buying advice to people.

Post your car

S6 is far to big

the dude spends his entire life posting memes and bashing audis over the same old tired 'rebadged vw' horseshit on Veeky Forums. he doesnt have a job let alone a car.

Audis tend to last longer, better built and better materials specially on the interiors, also feel more premium
are they really worth it? nah, maybe not, but its not exactly just "badgewhore".

and no, i dont own a audi, i have a VW

how's the job hunt going?

any new sick mods on that 12 year old corsa?

hence the bus rider

Because it's not, no matter how often Veeky Forumstists claim it to be.

It shares the MQB platform. The same way that a Charger shares the 300 platform, which was borrowed from Mercedes.

Are you prepared to go so far as to claim a Charger is a "glorified" MB?

Okay, so you want the motor journalist point of view? It's the best car in its class. And what I mean by that is as a car, not as something to slap a HOONIGAN sticker in the back window. Its very, very nice inside for a hatchback. It feels like going inside someone's house that has been designed by people who care about "art" and "post modernism". Its comfortable, you have good visibility which is something most manufactures can't get right anymore. The infotainment wheel is nice and makes you feel dignified. The last A3 i've driven had the adaptive dampers which make a world of difference, but most used ones won't have it because it's a grand optional extra.

tl:dr - its a very good car for people, and people can split hairs until you end up buying a 206 with weed crumbs in the back seat, but it will say to the world "i am part of normal society and i pay my taxes"

Not like he has anything to do

>audifags are this deluded

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_MQB_platform#MQB-based_models

You just proved his point retard

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

this is what you spend your life doing. do you ever stop and think about that?

you have endless possibilities and this is what you choose to do, day in and day out.

I spend alot of time in my car. So a premium feel inside and out is what im looking for. And i really like the way an a3 looks. Especially the s line. Nice enough but not to overstated so i dont feel like a prick

kek

The S Line will come with sport suspension and 17" wheels as standard, so ride comfort is worse blah blah blah. It shouldn't matter if you're not old. Even if you do end up getting a Sport trim and like the little flair that the S Line badge gives you, you can get a badge kit on eBay for like £30, even comes with a steering wheel insert.

You can have a VW Golf for 20k€, the base model, but thats not the one you want is it? But is it still the same car as a 35k€ Golf?
A Audi A3 is a upgraded version of the Golf, being the "same car" doesnt mean it has to cost the same

Thanks man. I knew I would get some sense out of some one. I think slines have 18" as standard tho and the seat trim is awsome

the S line has a different bumper setup and you HAD to pick S line to get the bi xenon headlights (atleast that was the case when I had mine)

imo the non S line models look a little bit too plain and golflike to me

Anecdotal evidence at best.

Then get an s4