Trabants

Have you ever owned a Trabant/known somebody who has? I'm very interested in buying one and want to know other's experience with the Trabant.

Polfag here, plenty of those in here mate

It'll get 300 hectares on a single tank of kerosene. Try it out and you'll agree, zagreb evdem zloctiv diev.

how can you get square distance out of gas

Except that was an Invacar

One of the absolute worst cars ever made. If I'm not mistaken, they require a mixture of oil and gasoline to run and smoke like Auschwitz.

You're an idiot.
Due to the architecture of the engine the oil-gas mix was needed because there was no installation to separately inject the oil.

Most gas stations in formed DDR had the mixtured already made and ready to fill and go. Most idiots outside it don't know how the proportion and don't put enough ammount of oil, resulting in that obnoxious smoke and sometimes motor problems.

>"You're an idiot."
>proceeds to explain in more depth why the car was so shitty

You could have said that trabant uses a two stroke motor and ended the conversation there.

VERY fast trabbi running at incredible hihg speed

My dad had one right until the wall got opened.

>when an American thinks he needs a pickup truck for towing near me

2bh that 2 stroke engine won't make for a great towing machine

>take Trabi
>open hood
>throw away two-stroke
>shove in relatively stronk bike engine
>still lightweight
>?????
>SCHNELL

>ruin Trabant spirit
You can install a three cylinder 1.0L Wartburg two stroke though. It's basically identical to the Trabant engine but with one more cylinder and a blazing 57 hp, more than double the stock Trabant.

And if you don't like the fun of 'put put putting' around in a 2 Stroke version which smells lovely then you can get the version with the 1.0l polo engine and be boring.

Not a real Trabant. VW-Trabantfahrer ins Zweitaktgas.

They are really slow, really small and sound annoying. However the technology is so different from modern cars it's a really fun toy to have.
If you're planning to get one as your daily driver you should seek professional help.

>If I'm not mistaken, they require a mixture of oil and gasoline to run and smoke like Auschwitz.

>This idiot does not know of the Lord and Saviour that is the 2-stroke engine
REPENT YOU HEATHEN

>>take Trabi
>>open hood
>>throw away two-stroke
>>shove in pig disgusting capitalist Honda K24/20
>>still lightweight
>>?????
>>SCHNELL
Ftfy.

On the other hand, I wonder how quick a Trabi would be with the torquey 2.0 from a Golf GTD.

Most likely explained how the design of the engine was and how uneducated people were on that matter without realising it's their fault they can't properly maintain their car, but ok.

>car has a special snowflake commie design that is objectively inferior
It's a piece of shit, user. I don't care how much S.T.A.L.K.E.R. you've played.