Chechen Wars

Tell me about the wars in Chechnya Veeky Forums. Bonus points for people who post dreary pics of slavs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oJhDHmY4pqU?t=23
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am also interested in this topic.

>Chechens win the first war miraculously
>fuck themselves over and invade Dagestan thinking the local populous with support them - most don't
>get btfo
>second war starts
>Russia counter invades
>levels the capital, Russians conquer them with ease
>low level insurgency ever since

a guy named dudaev wanted to make an independent state based around oil money but russia didn't want to let him go + kavkaz crime gangs having their share in the business + russian oligarchs having their share in the business + yeltsin needing pr for his voting campaign

the result is over 20,000 young russians slaughtered and the entire kavkaz region being radicalized to unrecognizable levels and nowadays russia paying the new leader kadyrov subsidies so that the region wouldn't chimp out again

don't have pics atm but here's a video

youtu.be/oJhDHmY4pqU?t=23

>Chechen: Alik, while it's not too late, tell your guys to retreat. Don't do this, don't do this. In any case, Alik, you and I will die. What's the point of all of this? Who will win from this? You and I will not win from this, understand? If we or I catch you in action, I won't show you mercy, just like you won't, understand? It's better if you come to me as a guest. Retreat your guys. Have pity for their mothers, have pity for your guys, retreat them. Give the order.

>Alik: I'm not that big of a boss to give such orders.

>Chechen: Alik, understand me clearly, from my heart I wish that you survive this, but you better leave.

>Alik: I don't have such a choice. I have orders and I will obey them in any case.

All I know about the first war
>tanks go into city center
>rebels shoot front and rear tanks
>disable them
>tanks and everyone in the middle sitting ducks

I also think that the army being in a state of transition led to alot of it.

Bump of interest.

if they had not a significant progress in that moment when Russia was politic weak (internal and diplomatic), today they haven't a opportunity.

This happened a lot in Afghanistan.

It would not surprise me to learn that 10 years of casualties would teach the Russians nothing.

First Chechnyan war, the Russians got BTFO.

Second Chechnyan war, the Chechnyans got BTFO.

Russians have a history of fucking up with insurgents because of their shitty command and esprit de corps. Not to mention their retarded system of seniority where it puts value in seniority and not by merit

>>Chechens win the first war miraculously
Implying Eltsine isn't a puppet of the West-Jews to destroy Russia and didn't let the chenchens win.

Russian here. It was a bad criminal war. To understand it you must see the full scale of things. Ever since the cold war america used cia trained muslims snackbars to achieve thier goal. Same guys in afganistan syria and yugoslavia. After fall of ussr america used every opportunity they had to deminish our power because we were only significent threat to them on the planet. They installed puppet governaments in eastern europe who join nato for no reason other than us retaking control of them but also radicalised the mushits in the south. We lost first war because eltsin was american puppet. Then putin comes and fucks them up.

Are Chechens the niggers of Russia?

Yes, they are
t. Russian

>ITS DA WESTS FAULT.
>SLAVS DINDU NUFFIN.
>SOVIET UNION A GUD BOI.

Are all Russians this stupid?

>Blaming it on Yeltsin
Chechen war was Vietnam except in a far worse economic climate.
We bailed out for largely internal support reasons, it's not like we couldn't have fueled more poor soldiers into grinder.
90s really lacked nationalism climate. People didn't want us to be there from the start of it. Oligarchs and Yeltsin needed it (and to win it) more than anyone else.
Also it was before our media was fully state controlled and government could plug propoganda 24/7. The war was treated like a horror story by every channel but 1st

That's at least partially true though.

Did you know that it was the CIA that blew the Chernobyl reactor?

*up

But who knows with the degenerate West...

>YOU'RE HURTING ME BABY

sources: my ass

Was there any conflict in the last 20 years between Christians and Muslims where the United States have supported the Christian (or the pro-Christian) side?

>Syrian Civil War: Assad protects the Christians, Rebels slaughter them.
>U.S. supports rebels

>Hezbollah-Israel conflict: Hezbollah protects the Christians, Israelis gives money and weapons to people who slaughter them
>U.S. supports Israel

>Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict: Armenia is Christian, Azerbaijan is Muslim
>U.S. supports Azerbaijan

>Chechen Wars: Russia is (nominally) Christian, Chechens are Islamists
>U.S. supports Chechens

>Bosnian War: Serbs are Christians, Bosniaks are jihadist
>U.S. supports Bosniaks

There must be others I forgot, but it's a clear pattern.

So much for the United States a a Christian nation.

Israel is a Christian nation though???

None of those christians were protestants, they were all orthodox.