Last thread:

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related

mr2s get me so hard, I am seriously considering buying an SW20

Good luck finding one m8

they are reasonable common in burgerland, at least where I live

I hope I can find one in good condition

>waiting for my exhaust to come in
>can't wait to brap brap on these fools while not going any faster than the general traffic

>waiting for spring to come in
just kill me now

>tfw this tiny piece of plastic is gonna cost me 45 bucks just so i can pass smog
>that commiefornia feel

>tfw brand new BFG KO2's but every good offroad trail within 300KM is still a snowmobile trail

The 62 is my friends. Recently replaced all the spark plugs and turns out one of them wasn't firing for the entire time he's had it. It isn't actually that slow now lol.

Evap valve

That looks like a fun place to off road.

the only Corolla XRS's (05-06) I can find in my area are over 200k km mileage

How cool is that 2ZZ-GE engine anyways? Sounds fun high-revving but not so much the idea of paying the corolla tax for one when, given the nature of high revving, it's might not last as long as other corollas.

but honestly, the idea of just getting an 09-11 corolla xrs is tempting for me too since it's FWD either way anyways.

That's not a lot of mileage

It's a pretty huge sand pit owned by a company that supports ISIS. Every now and then you have to run from the cops because you're trespassing there, but there isn't a single place like this anywhere else around here so no one really cares about the risk. They keep bulldozing all the entrances though so dirt bikes, snowmobiles, quads, and shitboxes can get in.

They should just make that land an off roading field and have an entrance fee to make some money. I don't see why more prime do that. Getting lawsuits probably has something to do with it

Yup, they are. However

They haven't caused me any issues yet

The company is LaFarge, and from what I can tell they like to buy up property like this and just sit on it. I swear half of the aggregate land they own isn't even used. If definitely does have something to do with lawsuits. Making it a legal place has always been a popular idea, and there's a huge place just east of there that does exactly that, but you can't bring trucks or cars in. There used to be a really cool place in the same area to legally offroad anything but there's some kind of rare plant there so its a conservation area. and yet people wonder why I'd rather have a third gen Firebird project rather than a 4x4 project.

>Friend and I go into the pits about an hour and a half before sunset to fuck around with an air gun
>hear police sirens in distance, for some reason I just assume it was a cop getting someone for driving fast on one of the funnest corners in the area that's about half a mile south of where we are.
>a few minutes later I hear a helicopter, but for some reason it's really loud
>turn around only to see a Police Tahoe driving down the unopened road about 100 feet away from us
>helicopter is flying a couple hundred feet above us blowing sand in my eyes
>a dirt biker had to get airlifted out
>about a dozen cops are in the pits now
>we have to walk through the surrounding woods in complete darkness over the next hour to avoid trespassing tickets, and whatever bullshit would come from having an air gun with us
>didn't see any cops while walking down the unopened road before getting back to my shitbox and cannonball out of there
>almost wrap car around a tree half an hour later
pretty fun night

>That feel
Got a full 3 inch for the new motor.

Bad decisions make good stories

Did anyone say, avalon?

Are you planning to personalize that besides weeb stickers?

Besides some new rims and a radio, no. The rims on it are curbrashed to hell and back from the previous owner.

I'm still busy fixing the dings and dents in it, as well as some mechanical work.

I already replaced a ton of stuff.

Are they plastic? Should have a go at cleaning them man, its pretty easy and makes a huge difference depending on how foggy they were

T H I C C

We are you going to drive it? If you live in a big city, you probably won't get the chance to rev it out too much.

Who /hg/ & Veeky Forums here?

bumping because of excitement

Got the call, she'll be done tomorrow. Apparently the catback is from an s15 and he just had it lying around.
New trumpet beside the pacesetter I originally had. Sounded like farts.

I like the new 86 ads on YouTube. An epic gt86 driftito superbowl commercial would be cool.

>it's not for everyone

I'll buy one when they get an I4

I wish they had a I4 too, or a Tarbo wrx engine

Nah wouldn't cop. I want an n/a or supercharged I4

yaris power.

>tfw considered seriously getting sw20
>got promised financial help for newer car
>zzw30 a reality
>markets dried up

RIP.
Just keep waiting, they're all somewhere.

I'm always surprised at how well BFG AT's can cope with snow

Loaded with three guys and nearly 900 pounds of equipment and it was still able to go without getting stuck - and these are not studded or extra siped

Was there something on fire in like first several seconds into the webm?

Are you talking to ?

Yeah. Phone-posting fuckup.

looked like a flare

My 86 is still fucked, took the hire i20 to the touge last night, it's such a piece of shit.

Normally I'm at the front of the pack, 20 is so rubbish every disappeared within seconds

Wat

Old lady didn't see my wide open car door, ran into it.

Waiting for car to get fixed so I hired a car because I need to be able to get around

Better shot of the damage

Oh boy I'm triggered

Car's done. Full exhaust made a huge difference. Turbo spools faster and comes on harder. Huge improvement. Bodywork once I stop being poor again.

Exhaust is a HKS Hi-power off an s14. My mechanic had it lying around from one of his cars.

Congrats bro
>tfw spring not here yet

Yeah. I can see why just an exhaust is enough for a lot of people. It was running the same amount of boost before but felt like shit and was half a second slower to 60.

Next is rust repair. I'm going to try and do the very small by myself and have a pro do the real big stuff. I've been looking for a whole new drivers door along with the kouki tail lights and wing but no luck.

Me and my brothers scion

>only 1 camry in OP
huh are they mediocre cars?

I was surprised at how much space there actually is in one after riding/driving in a compact all my life

That's a supra right?

Ayy flipbro from hg wassup

They're too boring too drive. Accord is superior to drive especially in manual.

What up nihga

What do you want me to do with Pepe civic in the collage? Should I make it RIP?

Posting my Mr2 and hoping you guys can give me some advice. I daily my Mr2 and I have noticed that some days when going highway speeds (60-75 mph) if i hit the throttle in any way, the whole car will kinda shake and hesitate. It also feels like the engine is down on power when it does this. The weird thing is that this is not a constant, the car only really does it for the first 10-15 minutes of interstate driving, after that it calms down and feels like the engine gains some power back. I replaced the air filter already to see if that would help, it has not. Any other suggestions? Spark plugs? Fuel filter? Injectors?

my friend has an e100 which has similiar "moods"

Gonna go hoon on abandoned airfield. Time to rek some beemers. Hopefully car understeers less now

What did you do with it?

>remove rear seats
>more pressure in rear tyres, less in front
It's gonna be on snow and ice anyway so not hoping for much. If it doesn't work I can always get rid of spare wheel too.

I agree with that guy. A corolla or Camry is a great econobox but if you actually drive for the pleasure of it, the civic or accord with a manual is a better choice.

MAP ok?

Lol I will probably still check out hg to see what my nihgas are up to. I guess leave it in the collage until it expirea or I go back to flip land later this year and get some fresh pics, that is if it survives that long

Had my car back for one day and the fucking headgasket blew again. Stock boost nothing done but an exhaust. Torque on the headbolts was 87ft lbs. Mechanic says he's gonna "make it right" replace the headgasket and throw Arps in there but still. One day. Not even 24 hours. I've driven it three times since I got it back.
What could have happened? Where did it go so wrong?
Right after I got it back I put gas in it and reset the trip. 87km is how far I made it. Fuck...

>tfw no motorized fog lights

MAP?

Nevermind, Google is my friend

Are those faster than flip ups?

They're slower.

alright boys, good news and bad news.
finally got the starter out on the mk3 supra
had it tested and it works perfectly
bad news is what the fuck do i check now
i did the diagnosis thing under the hood and no codes popped up, battery should be fine, not really sure what else to look at. i used to have a security system but i just ripped it out and i got every bit but they never cut wires just tied in so thats all good too. any clues friendos?

Did you check the starter relay?
Neutral start switch?
I'm just throwing stuff at the wall.
All the grounds and what not? I think there's two or three of them.

I can't think of another toyota/lexus to go for except the LS400.

I've owned:
'89 Camry
'87 MR2
'94 Celica

The last two were stick shift, and I'd like another stick shift car. I'd also like something with decent storage space, good road presence, not dog shit slow, and comfortable.

Anyone have any ideas? Budget is $3K.

Are you US? if you're not afraid to get your hands dirty you could probably find a supra turbo for that.

Yes, I am in NYC.

The JZA model?

Doesn't that one have a head gasket issue where something wasn't tightened down to spec?

Yeah. It's actually the meaning usdm 7mgte.
the 1j version is the JZA70. replace the headgasket or find one that's been replaced and tighten to 85 ft-lbs and you're solid. just a full exhaust exhaust and you're at 280ish horse. 6.5 to 60.

Thanks. Obviously I'll have to do my own research, but is this "replace the head gasket" thing as much of a meme as "bolts right in?" Is it really that easy to change a head gasket on one of these?

Thanks again for the info.

What's the situation again? Won't start? What happens if you turn the key? Was it doing anything funky before this happened?

LS400 came in stick?

It's not "easy", but you could do it in a weekend or so.

nothing happens, no noises, lights dim like the battery was low, other than that there's no hints. I jumped the t and e1 pin in the diagnosis box under the hood and no codes showed up either. Nothing before, it just wouldn't start one day.

Fuel pump? Fuel rail? Ignition coil?

they're all fine, just starter is not getting power somwhere

Try wiggling the wiring next to the cam sensor. It works on mine lel

That's usually a crank no start thing isn't it? Mine was a little silly until I resoldered a connection.

Oh true. You probably have a short or bad ground?

Well, the insurance company totaled my box. Got 3500 for it. Probably couldve gotten more prior to the crash but oh well.

OP, could you use this picture for the collage and just gray it out since I no longer have it? I don't have any pictures with proof of ownership with the box, but I'm going to post my new tC with proof of ownership and the pictures taken in the same area.

3500 is really good i think. i just bought mine this week for 2500

Yeah it isn't bad, but they said they got the 3500 price from the base model, mine wasn't a base model.

My friend has a box and I sold him the Alloy OEM wheels on mine, and put his wheels with the plastic hub caps on mine before I gave it to the insurance company. If they were paying for a base model they were getting base model features. Also took out the third brakelight that was custom from ozinium and ran me like $100, took the light covers and grill which were like $150, and I took off the TRD intake and put the stock one back. And I took out the OEM floor mats that I bought when I got the box and were still in perfect condition. And I popped the fog lights out. So gonna sell all the extra stuff and hopefully make some extra cash since most of it isn't available anymore.

What year is it?

The box is an 04

You don't have the title in hand? OSG stickers on it?

What about the plates? Can you transfer them onto the tC?

I was gonna take a time stamp pic with my new car in the same parking lot

>Pic related

I'll post the actual picture I want you to use for the tC after this one

And again, pic related

It's a 2012

Looking a bit better yeah?