Pininfarina - The world's best car designers

Its been almost 90 years since the creation of the Pininfarina art house.

Are they still the greatest car design team on Earth?

I prefer a lot of Italdesign's works, but at the end of the day all designers have good and bad products.

bertone >

>Are they still the greatest car design team on Earth?
>still
They never were the best. Pic related is true art, a perfect marriage of form and function.

If you go back in time to when Pininfarina, Scaglietti, Bertone, Touring, Zagato, and Carrozzeria Vignale were all building bodies on the same chassis I liked the Bertone cars the most, but every house had both great and not so great cars. Hard to compare the design houses as much moving forward in time where they spread out to occupy different areas of the industry.

Italian snek better

Alfa 159, Alfa Brera, Lotus Esprit, Maseratti MC12 are all sexy cars.
The Lamborghini Italdesign Carla is my favourite though
>ywn drive Lamborghini's prettiest modern design

>art
>function

no, Sbarro is killing it

made me kek

>punto
>diesel

But.... the workmanship on those were terrible

That's actually pretty fugly. Kinda soapbar, and the holes above headlights look like they don't fit properly

>ywn miura

Pininfarina, like any designer has good and bad designs, most of them good.
Here's a Lancia Scorpion, known in Europe as the Lancia Montecarlo.

meanwhile, this was also styled by Pininfarina, the Chevrolet Lacetti, also known as the Daewoo Lacetti, Chevrolet Optra, and the Suzuki Forenza.
The sedan and wagon versions were designed by Pininfarina. The 5 door hatchback (same model named, except in America where it's known as the Suzuki Reno) was done by Giugiaro.

The pizza place?

Giugiaro engineered their own pasta

these cars are beautiful. I have a dream of swapping a 3rzfe or a 6g72 into a 31514/31519 and giving it a full time transfer case.

Pretty near the top.
The styling they've done for Ferrari is incredible.

Bahaha

If you Google Pininfarina Cadillac you will get results that include a few Caddies from the 60's. What are these cars? Factory cars that got facelifts or ground up recreations? I've never understood this.

The ugly Hyundai Matrix was designed by Pininfarina