google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8nuqgcyDIx4
amazon.com/Nilight-Mini-Bixenon-Projector-Lens/dp/B00B21R0TA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485835579&sr=8-1&keywords=hid+projector&th=1
boston.craigslist.org/sob/mcy/5984828531.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kQ5hV-ESBd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for dirt bike riders are pussies

also, check the #MaxPass at 1:28

dude is nuts. (hes almost 40 too roflmao)

youtube.com/watch?v=8nuqgcyDIx4

What's up guys. Long story short; My car got totaled. Not my fault. I'm getting paid $10K and have $3K saved up for a new vehicle. I'm splitting it down the middle and getting an older car and a newer bike.

Going to look at this 07 CBR1000RR with 16K Miles on the clock.

1 Owner, Never downed. Going to look at it on the 12 of this month.

He wants $6,500 bottom dollar and isn't in a rush to sell because he wants a ZX-10 instead. Worth it?

Extras;

>Ohlins shock
>(Factory shock in the box)
>Fork built by thermosman (ohlins inside).
>Full Leo Vince exhaust,
>PC3 mapped for it,
>LED headlights (have HIDs for it too),
>BMC air filters,
>Air intake modded,
>Flush mount blinkers (with led flasher so they blink normal).
>520 chain and sprocket (last winter) stock gearing +1 in rear to make up for 190/55 tire.
>Vortex rearsets,
>Blue backlighting in the gauges,
>Wheels powder coated dark grey metallic,
>Repsol brake rotors,
>Galfer brake pads,

>Box of factory parts.
>clean clear title in hand

Maintenance;

>Amsoil oil changes
>Valves checked last winter (all in spec)
>New spark plugs and gaskets.
>(still have the dealer tag on the spare key)

More Pics

The 2017 DR-Z400S is ideal for taking a ride down your favorite off-road trail or ribbon of asphalt. You'll be impressed with the amount of torque coming from the 398cc liquid-cooled power plant as well as the crisp handling from the adjustable suspension. This ultra-reliable bike is completely street legal with an electric start and easy-to-read instrument cluster. New solid black bodywork with bold, contrasting color graphics makes the bike stand out on the road, on the trail, or even parked. Whether you're on the highway or on a twisty forest path, the Suzuki DR-Z400S can't be beat.

Early for I finally got my
>Carbs
Off. Disassembly and a pinesol soak begins tonight. Anyone have any advice for how long to soak for? Also the original carb boots where so fukt, thank you squiddy for recommending torching them that's the only way I got them off.

sure but first order of business is to either rip out those niggershit headlight bulb swaps or fit in a proper projector so you don't blind everyone else

you fucking retards. you dumb fucking retards

Panigale or RSV4?

>This other retard has no idea how amperage works
You have no idea how amperage works either.

In order for current to flow there has to be somewhere for it to flow. A battery or a car charging system will not push maximum amperage regardless of what kind of circuit it's hooked up to.

In the case of a high amp car battery and a low amp motorcycle battery the lower amp battery acts as a resistor for the circuit.

The reason some say not to hook a running car to a motorcycle battery is that AC noise getting past the diodes in a low quality alternator can exceed the design voltage of the stator or voltage regulator and burn them out.

On a decent auto charging system this isn't an issue. and Modern bikes aren't really sensitive to this.

tl;dr this has nothing to do with amperage and you have no idea how electricity works.

RSV4. Way cheaper and badass v4.

>16K Miles on the clock.

Not must life left in that thing.

But if everyone can see me that's good right????

I have some demon/angel eye projectors I can toss in.

MV Augusta f4

>16K
>Not much life left

Bruh. My 01 zx6r has 40K on the clock and still running strong. And Kawasaki's are less reliable.

Lying on the internet gets you nowhere.

Kawasaki's are 10k mile throwaway bikes. Stop lying.

>get told
>clearly has no idea what he's talking about
>LETS JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE

lel

Come ride off road with me. Then try and call me a pussy

So what's on your bike "to-buy" list currently?
>hid retrofit
>various other ricey lighting
>new fairings
>new stator for other bike
>new piston/rings/valves/headwork/cylinderwork/camchain/drivechain for other other bike

Let me know how it goes. I'm most likely going to buy some of these to retrofit HIDs into one of my bikes. amazon.com/Nilight-Mini-Bixenon-Projector-Lens/dp/B00B21R0TA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485835579&sr=8-1&keywords=hid+projector&th=1

It's pointless to argue with you when literally the entire internet says not to do it, but you insist its fine. So fuck off, next subject.

Oh I wih I still had the stock gauges before it shit the bed and I swapped it to an 03 gauge. Swear to god I hit 40K this year. She does sound a little rough though but I still trust her.

Honestly, that sounds like a pretty good purchase overall. The fact that he even mentioned the valves is a pretty good indication that he has does his homework/maintenance on the bike.

Some things I would like to point out to you:

1. Judging by the modifications, this bike was likely tracked often. So keep that in mind when factoring in the age/usage of the bike. Probably not a big deal since all the jap inline 4s are reliable as fuck but it's worth noting

2. That guy probably paid close to $1,500 for those Ohlins alone which is why he doesn't want to budge on the price. I see bikes like these being sold all the time and it's pretty normal for the seller to offer a reduced price in exchange for the removal of the Ohlins rear shock. You really don't need it unless you're a super high level rider. The stock shock is completely fine.

3. Lastly, there is really no reason to buy a newish 1000 like that unless you have a particular hard on for that year CBR1000RRs. Older GSX-Rs are faster, cheaper, and more widely available. You would be a lot better off from a value perspective if you went that route. It might not be as pretty but you really can't beat the price.

Case in point, my GSXR I am trying to sell right now which will probably go for somewhere around $3700 and that is on the higher end of the price range compared to some of the other listings. It would be closer to $3,000 if I just swapped in a stock master cylinder

boston.craigslist.org/sob/mcy/5984828531.html

>listening to "the internet" instead of sound electrical theory

okay

Electrician here.
it matters not how large the battery is you hook your bike to for jumping it.
what does matter is the voltage, bikes and cars have the same stored full voltage (12.6) the amps will flow to the smaller battery at the rate the battery accepts it at which is dependent on the battery condition for the most part.
while running most cars will hold about 13.8-14.2 volts which happens to match bikes as well.
the only issue i can think of on a bike with jumping fro ma car is if you have a start ignition coil meant for low voltage which may not like having the extra voltage on tap

same, HID's and new brakes for my shitbike

>cant be beat
Except by most 250s

I'm About how much would it cost to replace the stator or voltage regulator if that's the case?

are you serious? Street-ridden sport bikes almost never need rebuilds. The engines last practically forever and they're mostly crashed to death to death with more than 80% of their engine life left.

Just disassemble the carbs, take pictures along the way if you aren't familiar with them so you know how to put them together.Take them all apart, take out the jets, spray brake/carb cleaner through every passage and through all the jets. If the carbs are coated in gunk and shit inside then spray them and clean them with a toothbrush. Also, take the needles out and look at the rubber bit on the end where it seals in the carb and see if there is a ring/line around it. If there is then get new needles. Make sure the floats move freely too

Damn bro if only I liked gsxr's lol. I just can't get over the single headlight. Aesthetically it bothers me way to much. Probably because of my OCD.

I'm traveling all the way from Cape Cod deep into CT to see that CBR1000RR.

Manual cam chain tensioner
New front brake pads
Ram mount n shit for my phone
Gopro (not directly for bike but still)

How do you achieve such a clean chain? I use kerosene and a brush pretty frequently. But it's impossible to get the links that clean without taking a paper towel to it, and rollers would be near impossible even with a towel.
Unless that's just a pic of a new chain I don't get it. Not that's its a big deal, they get dirty so quick.

>250
>4stroke
nice meme

is that yours? How many times have you had to replace the stator? Mine has fried 2 in the 2 years I have owned it. Or I guess technically only 1 since the first was pre-fried from the previous owner.

>Intake boots
>Battery
>Shitload of dot3 brake fluid
>Miscellaneous hardware
And maybe a riding jacket at some point. Also register and insure the bitch

i'm only 16k behind you on mine

Nice, i've got 36k on my drz

Most people don't know this but you actually don't want a flawlessly clean chain like that. A thin layer of lubricant and grime is the correct approach. You'll damage the seals if you're aggressively cleaning it 24/7 trying to make it look flawless. That is how chains break

Probably a new chain. For a dirty one maybe you could take the whole thing off and soak it in a solvent for a while to help break the grime free but I have literally stopped giving a shit about keeping my chain free. It's just the outside of the links that are cleanable and all the important bits are sealed. Even if it does shorten the life of my chain I don't mind because the cleaning chemicals and lube are expensive and it's more of a hassle than it's worth.

>carburetor

I'm pretty sure his is in miles. That's less than half.

If your interested in buying my demon/angel eye projectors let me know. I paid $160 + $30 shipping from the UK.

Pic is them.

let them go for like $100ish w/ free shipping.

Is that for the whole thing as a unit or just the projectors?

Alright, I'm not too worried about it.
Btw, I take good care of my chain, cleaning and lubing when riding in rain, washing, or just too dirty. When I took it off a while back, some links were "stuck." They could still rotate but holding it up and letting it hang straight down, 2 of them were still at an angle, if that make sense. Big deal?
I use Maxima spray can wax.

Kerosene's super cheap but yeah I feel you. Chains can be pretty cheap.

This is what Suburban Delinquent looks like

How much are you paying for kerosene? I looked at wal mart and they wanted like $7 for just a quart of it.

Yes, that is called binding and is usually a bad sign. If your chain is too loose, the links will bind. If your seals are drying out and the chain hasn't been properly cared for, then it will also bind. The latter is actually pretty fucking hard to do but there are some people that manage to do it.

Please make sure to buy pure kerosene and not camp fuel kerosene. The latter is very very very flammable.

I think all sealed chain links will seem "stuck" by that standard. They naturally have a bit of resistance from the friction of the seals but should still be able to turn

oh lol. Where to get pure kerosene?
Also didn't think flammability was too much of a concern

All together you would get;

>Both Projectors
>All connectors
>HID Ballasts
>6000K HId's
>Probably more

id just have to make up an ebay listing or something in the next day or two once I pull everything off. I liked them for a year but kind of grown away from them.

mmmmm......crispy bacon

>not riding shiny and chrome with a flaming chain

What are you, some sort of flaming faggot?

goddammit i really want to trade my gs500 for new sikk bike that's something like that yet im trying to save money right now. i fucking hate moving.

i barely hit 10,000 miles on it so i dunno. it's fucking hard to make the choice when i have to pay for other shit

I think I got a gallon for like $9. and i just checked, it's the heater fuel haha Shieeeeett.. I hope its just the chain wax. I heard that wax is a lot "drier" type of lube than chain lube.

I mean are you selling the whole thing assembled inside the stock reflectors/housings or are you taking it out?

Also I run my actual headlights 25/8 so that would probably drown out the halos and I'm not really worried about those anyway. I'll probably just get the cheap projectors from Amazon because they seem to have good enough reviews

youtube.com/watch?v=kQ5hV-ESBd0

LMAOOOOOO

Soak for 24 hours. Everything will fall off with a brush

w8 w8 what the fuck is that a second set of handlebars with full controls and everything?

>Dat exhaust
>Dat bodywork
>Dat size
>Dat italianness

That's what I figured

Honduh's are typically training bikes due to their weak motors. The second bars are for the instruction riding pillion to take control if needed.

>italianness

that's one way to put it

usually the problem is a coil shorting to ground somewhere
I'd wait for TT to go back online

probably take them out of my housing (01 zx6r headlight) because the tabs on it are broken....

Unless you want the housing.

>Dat italianness
but i hate italians
t. italian

no I have a CBR and I would never give my address to someone from Veeky Forums anyway.

What does it take to install it? Just pop off the lense and put in the projector at the correct angle then clamp it on the back side where the bulb socket normally goes?

Yeah my last one shorted to ground, haven't tested this one yet. I don't think you can simply repair them though. P. sure it takes a full rewind or replacement. Good news is chink replacements are only like $40.

when I read the title and saw the thumbnail I thought he was going to get a leg caught in the spiked tire or something.

Lol @ the part where it knocks the other guy over. How high do they have the idle set on these fucking things where it doesn't stall with the clutch out?

Shitty old tires slid out today was pretty fun.

Cruisers a best

I've read conflicting opinions on OEM vs aftermarket
>I don't think you can simply repair them though
I was thinking maybe there's a preventative mod

Truth

The OEM costs about 6x as much and I doubt it's going to last 6x as long so I will probably keep buying chinkshit stators every few years.

Yeee

>likes trucks
>likes cruisers
If you were a girl I'd marry you

>likes trucks
>likes cruisers
I'm sure he's gay just like you.

>he's a sportcuck

Oh i forgot there were only two types of motorcycle

There are. Cruisers and sport bikes. The rest are for kids.

>He doesn't have a truck
>Most certainly a cuck

I'm flattered and afraid

Oh fuck, didn't even notice that. |Yeah 36 is like 22k miles or something like that

Can't we all just get along?

The rest are for people with riding skill
I have a truck. For work. Thats all.

No, fuck off kike

Whats a gelato faggot

>not a sportbike
>skill
Lmao

i think its like boipucci but sweet

I'm not Jewish, user

Post bikes, my dudes.

Stay in your smooth safespace