/red/ Commie Car Periodically

Prediodical Commie Car Thread
Discuss all sorts of cars produced and/or used in the eastern block countries.

This edition: Polski Fiat edition

>Fiat is a commie car no matter what else you say
>Dacias are commie Renaults
>West Germany is a fake Germany
>Permanent guests: Trabant Family

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w0vup71Sv58
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's with the recent increase in soviet car posting on Veeky Forums recently?
Cant say i mind because
>soviet satellite
But it still seems odd to me

commie cars are magical

They were also designed very conservatively and car-like, unlike the western autism spaceships with random cancer bulges

wartburgs are so communist

they literally made the stereotypical car, it's a sedan, everything is square aside from the wheels

it's the commieblock as a car, a cheap version of the capitalistblock square car like a BX or something

They're cars for the people, not cars for the corporations. You were able to (and had to because all services and parts were in short supply) repair these with basic tools.

Sure, they didn't do a lot, like providing comfort or speed, but in turn whatever they did was done really well, like being simple and rugged and being able to take a beating.

Americans would be scared to go down this road in any of their classics apart from Jeeps.

SÖMMERDA MENTIONED

(I live less than an hour away.)

Part of what makes the eastern cars interesting is that they were designed with completely different ideas, means and priorities in mind. It results in a familiar objects being quite different from the now more widespread norm of what it should be.
In a sense, it's a bit similar to the interest some had for japanese cars when they first became available and were completely different to european and american cars of the same time ; or when the pretty conservative british market discovered BMW in the 70s.

Haha, newer versions maybe, from 353 upwards from what I'm aware.

Older models used to look a little bit more luxurious though and from what I heard Wartburgs weren't initially aimed to the people (in the EverybodyEqualâ„¢ system), but upper classes.

From what I remember they were also conceived as cars for party officials so they don't have to import GAZ Volgas anymore.

Such a good looking car, sadly rather rare. Also Skoda 450 a qt.

Damn right. There might be a few 311 or 312 but they aren't the 2 door coupes I'm looking for.

May i pay a visit?

>tfw Russia is still to much of a criminal infested shit hole to take a junkyard scavenging expedition too.

a 20 ft container loaded with commie cars will only cost me ~3k to ship from Vladivostok to Seattle.

if i really thought i could make the trip without getting robbed or killed, i'd do it.

>a 20 ft container loaded with commie cars will only cost me ~3k to ship from Vladivostok to Seattle.

Oh? That less?

burp

>only
Considering you can only fit two cars and a bunch of parts in there.

they suck a lot and i'm from an ex-CCCP country

Nivas are ok in in the country

>Fiat is a commie car no matter what else you say
You'd be surprised, the Italians love their "comunista"

Seriously, no talk of Ferrari, De Tomaso or Maserati? They were made in Italian city of Modena, which was effectively under communist control for the best part of 40 years.

Maluch > all

youtube.com/watch?v=w0vup71Sv58

He

sick topolino