steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
White Dwarf coming 19 January 2017
twitter.com/totalwar/status/819200441066123264
Total War: WARHAMMER - Behind The Wood Elves
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=F0tOb_bFj70

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/2pr8k5/help_my_sister_keeps_on_turning_me_down/
youtube.com/watch?v=GS_1bzaj2fw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WARHAMMER AUTISTS MUST DIE

It's just you and me brudder

Reminder

Should I go back to my VC campaign? I got bored of CONSTANTLY putting down rebellions. I mean I get not wanting to be under the rule of vamps, but still.

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

Do you want to?

I am not sure how that is relevant.

This mod is pretty bad desu

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

I wanted to try it. Care to explain what sucks about it?

fucking lol

people need to stop downloading easymode overhauls

This mod is pretty comfy desu.

Is Fall of the Eagles good?

oh idk, the fact that his 1 (ONE) stack has a 95% victory chance over 4 defending stacks?

Apart from being a retardfest campaign map, the spartan faction doesn't get access to the spartan units outside those it starts with; none of the buildings provide them

Rock the boat!

It's as relevant as any answer will be.
The fuck do you mean "should I"?
How do we fucking know?
Maybe you should kill yourself. Would you take that advice?

Ask a question that people can actually have some way of answering other than literally saying nothing, like I did.

>I'm having difficulty staying motivated in my VC campaign due to rebellions. Is there anything to look forward to in the late game that I might have missed? Any interesting VC army compositions to try out?

Anything with more depth than
>SHOULD I?

Should I get a glass of water or sit on my ass and read another chapter before getting another glass of water?

You should get the glass of water first. Should I kill myself?

I did my man, great minds think alike.
Your call.

Would yu be okay with Total War adding more Grand Strategy/CK2 like features such as more random events? Long standing Province modifiers from Wars, Raiding, Events, and Trade? Culture-specific Events? Naming of faction members?

>y/n?

>AI Spearmen spam

2 things.
1) ISIS?
2) Yes.

If the feature is fun, then yes.

A "advanced" feature that is not fun is E.G Rome 2 politics

Attila family management is kinda in the same boat. It's not annoying, but it doesn't really add anything. The shogun 2 family tree was good enough.

God yes. The more i can personalize my empire the better.

Meanwhile, on Reddit...
reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/2pr8k5/help_my_sister_keeps_on_turning_me_down/

Anyone familiar with modding Med2 know how to help me?
>inb4 Med2
I'm enjoying the most stable Pike and Shotte mod, removing Sweden and holding all of Scandinavia, then the AI just shits this out once I take their last city
Anyone know what kind of code I should be looking for/what file I should be looking at so I don't get 28 full stacks shit upon my face?

I didn't mention that it was named the 1648 -- Der dreissigjÀhrige Krieg Mod
It's not the best, but it's stable and gets my pike fetish going

I know the warhammer mod had a custom document with all the horde scripts. You just have to look around.

Reminder that Games Workshop nuked the Warhammer setting, with it's rich and extensive lore, to create a new one where:

>Nagash thinks Mannfred is his greatest servant
>Malekith is a hermaphroditic dragon
>Sigmar is fucking half of Slaanesh's sundered soul
>Dwarves are getting high on the golden remnants of their god
>Archaon's plot armor is even thicker

I know why the Orcs are so boring to play now. Listen to their units voice lines. They sound fucking bored and like they don't want to be there. Listen to Empire or Dwarfs, the voice acting is fucking superb.

Play as gobbos. They have great lines.

Warhammer infuriates me so much

> Stupid chaos, varg and skaeling calling me "asinine mortal" and "your demise is certain" 200 hundred times a day makes me ultra furious
> Retarded chaos, varg shitskins (shitsking in the north? wtf), and sgaylings running around like faggots
> Battle is stupid marauders and faggy dogs in the flanks waiting to fuck my immobile empire formation if my steam tanks are not able to take them out on time they meet my line
> Warhammer lore is so freaking stupid. I bought the game expecting a warhammer 40k but this game is really all about Rome 1 barbarian invasion where stupid nomad people fucks up battles and campaign map where you chase like a faggy asshole 200 turns while they raze and pillage your cities
> There's more: How come varg and sgayling are all jocks with huge thighs and muscles while the normal humans are skinny and weak? Are the women in the north fat spartans that gave birth to huge ass babies? Or they made a pact with chaos so they could be roided up without going to the gym?

I'm winning with the empire while raizing all of these asshole nomad shitskin fags and going to desinstall this piece of shit game full of chasing and retarded corruption everywhere making you camp every ONE turn so you are dont lose your whole stack.

Going to buy shogun 2 and be happy with a decent game.

>>Sigmar is fucking half of Slaanesh's sundered soul

That's kinda hot.

hahaha le pagoda, i can't stop laughing hahahaha oh my god hahahaha this is hahahaha PRIME MEME (Y)

Kek, this is pretty good

No to all. Total war has never tried to be a spreadsheet simulator borefest. It's about the battles and the campaign map is simply there to facilitate that. Don't overcomplicate things.

>gosh why are those vikings so big and strong? What could they possibly be doing with their time?
I don't know user, it's almost as if they live in a harsh place full of monsters and in a constant state of fighting.

So when will I get the free shield?

It's not a physical shield, you dumbass peasant.

Having more faction leader dilemmas(kinda like CK2) would be fun though. It's all about making these advanced campaign features fun and not making them take up all your time. You wanna do battles after all.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the knights take that rule literally and give their men at arms free shitty shields. The men at arms have to pay for the rest.

YOU FUCKING CUNT STONEMASON WHORESON

Stop posting Warhammer.

youtube.com/watch?v=GS_1bzaj2fw

>grand strategy is overcomplicating things
Scrub

I kinda hope one of the bretonnian quest battles is about defeating a peasant rebellion. The LL speech would mention that rebel leader is a madman going on about anarcho-syndicalism or whatever.

Too silly I guess.

I just feel like something is missing from the Greenskin campaign. Grimgor is a fun lord, but something about fighting all the time in the Badlands just isn't that interesting.

Games Workshop is a very strangely run company. It's almost like they don't want to be known for anything besides the miniatures. Why didn't they get anybody to make a Warhammer Fantasy computer RPG? Or even 40k. Warhammer Fantasy is way more interesting than D&D universe, which got literal dozens of quality games.

TROLLS

Correction: Orcs sound bored. Goblins sound like they're having fun.

> Warhammer lore is so freaking stupid. I bought the game expecting a warhammer 40k but this game is really all about

this is your fault for being stupid though. which also applies to the rest of your autistic complaints

It's just a joke that can be used as a pasta.

That's right, you knife-eared piece of shit, I fucked yo girl.

Whatcha gonna do about it?

>Reminder that Games Workshop nuked the Warhammer setting
Coming to 40k soon too!

Hammer and anvil.

Total War!

You do well to knell before me and ask for forgiveness.

Yeah I'd kill for an alt start for Orcs that isn't the badlands OR GOBBOS

Having a Orc horde faction(that can settle) would be neat. Starting in Kislev or whatever.

AYO HOL UP

SO U BE FINNA BE SAYIN WE WUZ NECROMANCER AN SHIET

I think he's already on his knees, Althenior!

does anyone know if there's a total war game where i can spam nothing but spear levies and completely ineffectual missile units till i've brought my economy to the brink of collapse then have a battle that lasts less than 5 minutes where i lose thousands of men that i don't care about to take a single province that i can then then spend the next 15-20 turns/hours building up to offset negative modifiers like squalor and public order?

Maybe if they changed hordes so that you could temporarily separate your army from the buildings to attack things

Radious.

Shove you when you aren't expecting it and then briskly jog away

Total War Arena.

Total War!

Total War!

Was Wellington a better general than Napoopan?

Spartan: Total Warrior

>FOR THE ICE QUEEN

Who would win?
Philip of Macedon or Rommel?

no

Phillip

Rommel because he has tanks and guns lmao

It's about to get crazy boys, wish me luck

why do you have half stacks instead of full stacks?

They are full stacks, but most of the units are injured.

Theirs no time to retreat. Forward, only forward

shit gl

Can you convert religions in AoC?

Technically yes, but only if you're playing Westphallia and only during an event.

Got the same lad twice.
Poor little Shaggoth boy.

Kislev; where even the bears have fetal alcohol syndrome.

WHOOPS

Never played anything warhammer
What's the lore around humans like? Iv been treating it like they are ye old Nazis cleaning the world of green and brown scum and naming cities after Nazi leaders and similar
Is this warhammer related to 40k ?

Look up "Holy Roman Empire" and then come back.

Attila's campaign was pretty fun, but once you figured it out it wasn't all that complex.

Warhammers campaign is way to simple, but the battles make up for it.

And in the end its the battles that bring me to total war.

Very wrong impression of fantasy.
There are a lot of parallels between the two but they manage to be fairly different.

Main human faction is just plain old HRE. They might have some leaders that would want to purge all other races but they're stuck busy getting attacked from all sides and internally forever.

Norscans are your typical cowardly worthless vikings. But some of them grows some courage and wanders up into the Chaos Wastes to become a not-Chaos Space Marine.
Chaos is filled out with warm bodies by the not mongols.

Russia-Poland is the same nation and serve as being the early warning system for the Empire, they have somebody on lookout to listen for the screams of the Tsarina as she gets gangbanged by Chaos.

Bretonnia is Arthurian Legend in a farce of feudal france. They don't get up to much as a united nation, sometimes they Crusade but it's more individual lords leading individual quests.

Those are the main(actually have army books) three.

A bit further south you have not-Italy, not-Spain and not-miscellaneous southern Europeans. And further south still you have not-Arabians.
None of these do anything too interesting.

Empire: HRE, strongest human faction and for the most part the good guys, gets caught up in shady politics and can suffer from weak leaders

Brets: French knights mixed with British plebs and Arthurian legend-based religion

Kislev: Russian empire, polish commonwealth mixed constantly getting trashed by chaos

Estallia: conquistadors with no real writing to them, not Spain at all

Tileans: main source of mercenaries and bankers, totally not based on Renaissance Italy

Border Princes: A bunch of rouges and refugees who had to leave better nations

No one else is really worth anything

>it's german sounding so must be nazi

Probably saw Heinrich Kemmler namedropped or something without context.

Kys warhammer child

They last 5 minutes and I hate how they removed formations, I also despise what they did with sieges so I'm not impressed rsally

>But some of them grows some courage and wanders up into the Chaos Wastes to become a not-Chaos Space Marine.
So it's on the same timeline as 40k?

>>>/gsg/

He's got a point though. Older games didn't really have too much to manage on the map Empire/Napoopan, S2, R2, R1, M2 really don't have that much going on and the learning curve doesn't offer you much once you get past it.

Atilla had corruption and squalor which were just player fuck-you's and the family tree was just hot garbage when in S2 it worked fine without all the needless save-scum worthy action spamming.

Then when it came to the battles they were such a balance joke with bland everything that everyone went back to R2 and Attila failed.

It's all semantics. It's germans that are inherently evil no matter what name you decide you brand them with. Was it nazis that started ww1? The root of all the world's problems is german.

They last a bit longer than that, and it isn't too bad. Quicker than Shogun 2 and Shogun 2 is still great.

I also don't mind the sieges much. But that's more of the fact that I just have hated playing sieges because autoresolve is so much better. With broken autoresolve I don't care for siege battles. So I simply don't see the awful WH siege battles.
The only siege battles I've liked were S2. Though Attila's looked and functioned spectacularly, autoresolve was still the way to go to avoid an additional 25% casualties minimum from the machine gun towers.

Not the lad you're talking to by the way.

It's specifically out of time. Their parallels match up with races and references and shit, but whether or not the planet is in the 40k setting or not is left ambiguous.

What I'm describing with the Warriors of Chaos in Fantasy is that there are two gates the to warp at the north and south poles of the world. The winds of magic blow out of these. And some lads go up north(south is pretty unviable), obtain the blessings of their gods and come back south pretty much sewn into heavy armor to fuck with normies.