Spy Shots : Next-Gen Porsche 911

The one in the pics is a test mule being tested on the snow in Germany likely.

>So what are the visible changes here?
1. Front looks more angular, diving forward, and the headlights and hood appear to resemble the forthcoming Mission E fully electric vehicle Porsche showed off not too long ago.
2. The hips of the car seems wider than the present out-going 991.2, which could also mean that it might be a hotter version of the present 992.
3. It does appear that this specific test mule houses Porsche’s all-new 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged flat-six engine that debuted in the 991.2..
4. The vents at the edges of the rear bumper are larger than on the current car, and the vent above the engine bay extends all the way to the base of the rear window.
5. The rear wing has been enlarged to encompass the entirety of the rear, spreading from the ends of each taillight.
6. Possible increase in length and wheelbase.
7. Possible new exhaust.

-- MotorTrend

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/news/spied-next-gen-porsche-911-begins-to-take-shape/?sm_id=organic_fb_social_MT_170201_sf53961874
motormag.com.au/news/1701/porsche-planning-cayman-gt4-rs-gt2-rs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pop-up third brake light to clear the erected wing instead of simply putting it at the top of the rear window
Howling.

Porsche don't need to change anything, the 991 is perf

I'd guess that picture is from Sweden or Finland.

>Implying it's not active aero increasing braking force at speed by 0.000000000024%

Porsche hasn't entirely announced on the 8th gen 911 but here are some news Porsche released on their previous press release about the 911.

>A hybrid power-train for the 911 after the Mission-E's debut.
Which will likely follow to the reveal of an all-electric 911.

However Porsche's chairman Oliver Bloom told “Porsche needs to launch puristic racing cars like 911-we will go both strategies, new and old,”. Meaning they'll maintain offering both old and new technologies because 911 is the car that defines their company.

Oliver Bloom also added that “For the simple reason that electrification still carries a substantial weight penalty, sports cars will hold on to classic propulsion solutions a little longer than other vehicle types. But even the 911 must eventually adjust, and according to analysts and the media, even plug-in supercars are making headway!”"

We likely won’t see the 992 debut until next year, possibly as a 2019 or 2020 model year.

A clear look at the hips.

A few more pics are available at :
>motortrend.com/news/spied-next-gen-porsche-911-begins-to-take-shape/?sm_id=organic_fb_social_MT_170201_sf53961874

Other sources :
>Car Magazine
>AutoCar

So what ya guys think?

Why are most test-mules and test cars black?

To make white women want them

Are they going to make a 991 GT2 RS?

To make details more harder to notice.

Yes.

>motormag.com.au/news/1701/porsche-planning-cayman-gt4-rs-gt2-rs

The tail lights remind me of a dsm...

looks more like an Audi now

is this a bastard child between new beetle and XL1 ?

Looks like it pays homage to 996 a little bit with front bumper and red bar brake light

The rear end looks like a sportier version of an MKZ. I like it.

I'm getting 959 vibes from the rear.
>tfw porsche will never make a new long tail 911

That looks like it's not production ready. You are a retard for believing every thing you see.

OP image had me nervous, but that actually does look better.

They better not touch the Cayman though, that thing is literally perfect.

Looks like it has ecoboost

You too? I thought Eclipse.