/domg/ Dominions General

"i googled dominions 4 meme for the OP pic" edition
Previous Thread →

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuklearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Die and join the ranks of brave skeletons

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

proud of you

You forgot to fix the last line

LA Caelum is the worst Caelum not just in terms of power but in disgusting lore. Worthless daeva-worshipping fire-corrupting heretics.

>not wanting to die and join the ranks of brave skeletons

what are you, gay?

tips for LA jamon? starting out and dont know what to do.

t. Airya

reminder that airyan ameragha is the best nation

wow CNN skeleton dude those messages were pretty Radical, well done

and the messages in question for those not playing

agreed, keep it up they were p gud

>Order Ermor

INNOVATIVE

FULL SCALES

LEMURIA

DOG

Only possible reasoning is Hidden in Sand I'd think.

Forget I asked.

hey yomi wasn't the last one this time

good job

im the dog, i did it because this is literally my first multiplayer game and i have no idea what the fuck im doing at all

He did his turn ages ago.

stalking another player's turn submission points is a little creepy. Unless he's last every time, there's no reason to be a little bitch.

he's last every time and he doesn't double them up

There can be some good in stalking a player's turn submission on a specific turn. Let's you change your turn last minute to attack them if it looks like they're gonna stale.

Lets be fair, there were at least 2-3 turns he hasn't been last so far.

He's not last everytime. He's been last sometimes, and one of the last others.

2017-01-18 16:37:55 +0100
Typos & stat fixes
Fort repair strength for mindless units was incorrect
Increasing PD could result in negtive gold left
Modding: req_fornation couldn't be used many times
Modding: req_gold didn't work

>stat fixes

I fucking hate it when they do that.

Oh shit now I have to do a double. Knew I should've gone to sleep an hour ago.

Game: AutisticRPGame
Turn number 14
Next turn due: 17:19 GMT on Thursday January 19th

Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Arcoscephale 2h file received
Atlantis 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
Hinnom 2h file received
>Kailasa Waiting for 2h file
Marverni 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Niefelheim 2h file received
Therodos 2h file received
Ur 2h file received
Vanheim 2h file received
Yomi 2h file received

Fucking moralfag monkeys holding up the whole show.

how do i increase the amount of resources i have? i seem to have way too much gold but far too few resources. do i just patrol more or what?

You need more production. A handful of units also give additional resources.Also dont build forts too close to each other since they take resources from the surrounding area for themselves.

literally said he was on a normie trip and wouldn't be back and needed 24 hour extension

Oh right.
In that case normies reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

all right, how do i get more production? the resources are per providence per turn, right (i.e. having my entire army in one city will eat up a shitton of resources)? i havent built any forts yet, whats the average distance apart i should build them?

im trying to look in the manual for this shit but unless im completely missing sections im not getting the big picture here.

captcha really likes fucking store fronts

You got to take production scales on your god to get ore of them. Your army doesnt effect them they only get used when you recruit shit.

so other than specific units there's no way to increase production other than on god scales? if i move the god / specific units to different areas, does it increase production at that particular providence there or is it a global thing?

if you had those scales and dominion was low in other provinces, it would convert it to that, but otherwise no

resources are mostly determined by what kind of area you have: mountains are resource rich, wastes are not, and so forth

Its mostly scales. I think theres a spell that gives more resources but If you didnt take good production there isnt a lot you can do.

Who are you playing anyway?

>if you had those scales and dominion was low in other provinces, it would convert it to that, but otherwise no
so scales take the place of low dominion? im not sure what that's trying to say

LA jamon

no, as in, having dominion over a province will apply the scales your god has to it

having no or low dominion wont have it apply

The stronger your dominion the better the effect of your scales basically. But if you didnt take good production it probably wont help much anyway.

Apparently the thing to do as jomon is to go UW as fast as you can anyway.

all right, i can understand that. except what UW is since im a brainless scrub. i've just been having my god sitting in my capital doing research for magic items because im gonna need something to let my troops go underwater if im gonna be able to get to the other landmass. not even sure what level of item creation i need desu

underwater

jomon gets special units if you recruit from there

>it takes three casts of Life for Life to kill an Unholy Hand

oh, well then i guess im good. like i said pretender just chilling in capital for research. equipping all my troops with that shit is probably gonna be expensive as fuck though. and speaking of, arent only commanders able to equip shit?

correct

there's a couple of spells that can turn any unit into a commander (divine name and gift of reason) but they're not usually worth the effort

There is shit to let commanders lead troops underwater. Manual of water breathing is the only one I can think of. You really should try to get a fort underwater, most of your best troops are there.

so how do i go about getting underwater then?
which type of research for that?

Construction.

ill look into it tomorrow, its past midnight now and i have an early day. thanks for the tips user

ded

Wow, that little? Guess they weren't such a problem after all.

Resources do scale with population, so Growth scales you should have taken Growth Scales will slowly increase them up.

Other than that, your options are basically certain fairly specific national mages which you may not have access to (Ulm's Smiths, some of the Atlantean kings, one mage for LA Caelum, LA Agarthan Reanimators), or putting up Riches from Beneath (Earth global, increases resources).

what anime does domg watch this season

konosuba and gabriel dropout

Rakugo, little witch academia, sangatsu no lion

I watched US Presidential Elections Season 2016 and it was hilarious.

Cant wait for the Donald J. Trump Memedency starting soon!

Skeleton War, of course.

Konosuba, Kuzu no Honkai, Little Witch Academia.

Konosuba and LWA.

All of you should remove yourselves

/domg/, lets write a letter for IIIwinter one word at a time. I'll start:

Dear

>complaining about weebs on a weeb board

ILLFRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUD

add

UW

elves

and

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

t.

Malakal

>remove the weebs from /domg/
Now its ded for real

Also

buff

Xibalba

but

Is this an acceptable meme?

DONT

improve

>Misf 3
no.

No matter what the nation Turm 3 Fort 3 or both neutral is always the better option than Order 3 Misf 3

>blood nations
>turm 3
>better
Shit advice.

Though misf 3 is a no-no no matter what. Except when you want quadbless mictlan for blitz memes, I guess.

b-but muh fortune tellers!

the

Lanka tho.

goddamn

game

"or both neutral"
point was Misf 3 is never worth it

breaking

FUCK

Dear ILLFRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUD add UW elves and sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit t. Malakal. Also buff xibalba but DONT improve the goddamn game

nugget

5/5 bretty gud

This is the map I'm going to make next game with.

I see caves.
Caves mean bats.
Bats mean game will be bad.

We can always do MA. And play summod. And ban Ermor. Pussy.

shinuyama will like it
MA Xib also enjoys caves

Konosuba
Sangatsu no Lion
Drifters