The Grand Tour

So The Grand Tour is 12 episodes in, whats the verdict?

I thought it had it's moments, but it was mostly just meh. Episode two was complete shit, and the celebrity bit is a total waste of time. The thing that kills it in my opinion is it simply does not feel genuine. Obviously old Top Gear's scenarios were heavily scripted, for example the burning caravan, 'eat english muff' and doors falling off Leyland cars, but their responses to these things happening felt genuine and unscripted. The Grand Tour scripts the dialogue, which is unnecessary because they are already funny people, and the scripted scenario's are just stupid, for example sleeping out in the open in a desert under your car. It's just boring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b3FXbT8InNY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Top Gear was boring old tired shit anyway. Should have ended years ago. Grand Tour is reviving a dead horse just to beat it back to death again.

>Pic related

Anyway, I'll say what I have always said about it.

Old Top Gear died when Clarkson punched that producer however The Grand Tour has definitely improved upon the BBC's New Top Gear but maybe for the next series of TGT, it should strive for something more ambitious then that.

This.

The only good thing about Top Gear was the specials because the weekly show was too rehearsed and stale.
>oh another supercar 3-way
>oh James May chooses something British and slow
>oh Clarkson decries the decline of the British Empire

The specials are the only memorable bits. Assign an arbitrary limit on type of car and budget, pick a scenic shithole to drive across, and have the three say funny things. Amazon is spending enough that this is what they should be getting but instead they're just getting the rehashed weekly version.

their have been great scenes so far and episodes as well. But their are also some bad with it. I think the next season will be much better, but we will see.

It's still early and they are figuring out where to go with it.

The Celebrity bit needs to be dropped as the joke is no longer funny.
They could try to be a bit less scripted.
They could no more of the let's buy shit cars and try and get somewhere episodes as these are often the best.

*do more

Pretty much this.

Episode One was great, then the next few were a bit shit but things have really picked up since about episode six. The beach buggy special was better than the Patagonia special imo.

Remove the American.
Remove Celebrity brain crash.

Anyone else think the American is getting slower on his time trials or is it just me?

I agree on this. I was getting tired of the last 2 seasons of top gear. Yes, I still watched but it was mainly backround noise while reading other things.

It was all wet/damp laps on the latter episodes.

This last ep was actually pretty good.

He isn't getting any more interesting.

The American made me so angry to begin with but he's slowly grown on me as much as I hate it and he's tolerable now. It also helps knowing that he's actually a phenomenal driver and is probably having the time of his life driving these cars, saying rude things, and getting paid to do it.

does that mean we'll get kblyat back in red bull?

i LOVED it.

felt like early early top gear.

If Season 2 later this year can keep up that pace it will be GOAT.

>Drift segment > Golf XXXsex text > Boring i3 segment > anal fissure > may falling over

goat ep

youtu.be/b3FXbT8InNY

I don't think it's that great. I just want to hear some consumer advice.

This.

As someone who grew up on Nascar, I literally cannot get over the fact that Mike Skinner is basically the new 'Stig'.

The 'Im so American I hate everything non-american' bit is getting old fast, though.. I mean the man drove a Toyota Tundra, sponsored by Toyota, in the truck series for years. As a fan of his, Id really love to hear Skinner's real opinions on these exotic cars.

Think how much better it would be if he gave useful information rather than just the "Not V8 shit hurr durr"

>consumer advice
THATS NOT ALLOWED

>James is allowed to say "oh cock" again
TGT is now going to be good.

But Toyota is one of the most American manufacturers to exist

Haven't watched any episode yet. Did they do any cheap car challenge? That's the only thing i watched Top Gear for.

>it's yet another contrarian circlejerk thread

Yeah he would honestly be way better if there were just a couple comments he got to serious make about the car.

Not to Americans.
13 years since Toyota's been in nascar, and there's still folks who want them gone. Nevermind they're the best thing to happen to it this past decade.
Ford factory support goes to 1 team
Chevy factory support goes to 2 teams
Toyota factory support goes to 14 teams
And this is across 3 different series

Okay /rant

They did a Masarati for under 8k shekels challange in the first Scotland episode. I think thats been the only one

My favorite episodes were Stuttgart and Dubai

Kinda Offtopic: are there really just 7 episodes of the Reassembler? When will be ther new one? Has someone the phonenumber of Rebecca?

i liked the 1900hp Nissan Patrol

i liked lots of things about all the other episodes too

i am entertained and not being a little crybaby bitch, thanks. bye.

I watch the show to be entertained.
I was entertained.
Therefore I liked TGT. Looking forward to next season.

I think there are several thingswrong with the show.

First it panders to the USA audience far to much when half its charm originally was the pokey english motoring show vibe.

The American isn't funny, they should've just got some no name driver and had him be an actual person rather than another joke. To many aspects of the show are designed to be funny rather than natural.

And like everyone here has said, more 100 quid car challenges and british leyland challenges rather than billion pound hypercars touring through france.

Sure hope they do away with Celebrity Braincrash in the future.

>repeating the same unfunny thing often enough makes it funny

45min in the 13th episode and really loving it so far.

Also Porsche seats in the M4 lol.

If they keep celebrity brain crash I'm going to fucking split my goddamn wig.

So annoying

Yeah, They have got some things to do for season 2 but I like the show a lot compared to anything else on TV atm. If amazon weren't such cucks and made it more free than locked to their prime shit it'd be alright.

This... The whole, the speicals are the best... They should do three a year.

1) at the beginning of the season
2) middle of the season
3) end of the season

MOAR GRAND MULTI EPISODE ADVENTURES ACCROSS COUNTRY IN NOT EXOTIC CARS

That's because he is the Stig:

"Clarkson has written in his newspaper column that the Stig is not permitted to talk or comment on the cars he is given to drive because "the opinions of all racing drivers are completely worthless," going on to explain that, because of their familiarity with cars equipped for track racing, racing drivers believe any and all road cars are on low-scale compared to racing cars."

Hence the American and "all cars but American are shit", because they also hate American made cars, which he'll never get to drive.

>Abarth Fiata
Consumer advice.

Where can I download this in 1080p? The links I found are all already dead

It's top gear, no more, no less. Sometimes hilarious, sometimes borderline boring.

Overally, i enjoyed it. There was way too little poorfag/shitbox challenges though, only thing i can remember were beach buggies and cheap maserati.

When does the season 2 begin?

I think it needs more penis and rape jokes

Amazon

found myself skipping through all the dialogues, muting the damn thing, and watching the car bits while my own playlist was busting through the woofers

Alright Grandpa. Stop watching if you don't like it. We ask enjoy it will continue.

The grand tour sucked. I just realized that I only enjoyed the dune buggy episodes at the time because everything else was absolute shit

Is Top Gear with Joey from friends worth watching?

It's just to piss off the BBC because they said their show couldn't have interviews.
Which is ridiculous in off itself

i feel like some of it is really dumb, celebrity brain crash for example is just filler and silly. I also think they use too many new fancy cars and should have more of their famous torture tests and used cars
I also think instead of having the american they should have their own version of the stig, maybe with a different kind of helmet, who only talks in small bits about the cars they test.
The scripting is fine by me, and i feel like this first season was just testing out some things they really wanted to do. I just hope the gang will read the feedback and build on it.
But not the criticism i've seen on some blogs though, because all they talk about is how racist Jeremy is.

>because all they talk about is how racist Jeremy is.

Lel even though he really toned it down, imagine if they'd done the bit about Mexicans from Top Gear while they were in LA.

afaik celebrity brain crash is about ridiculing bbc - clarkson is not allowed to interview famous people in show

but yeah, doing it every single episode is kinda pathetic

Clarkson and co jumped the shark long ago when they became exaggerated characters of themselves, while its no mistake Top Gear has always been scripted the presenters themselves felt genuine with their reactions and jokes. This changed in the last few series of TG and now in TGT where we are asked to suspend our disbelief in the jokes and reactions they do and act as if they hadn't planned it all along making it just seem forced. The same can be said for some of the segments they do in TGT, case in point is the enviromental challenege where they had to build 3 eco friendly cars. This segment looked promising yet when I saw their cars I knew it was going to full of scripted jokes and sure enough we are expected that May is an idiot who didn't really understand what he was doing building his car from bricks or Clarkson using bones of his car inevitably rot. The problem with these challenges as oppose to the past is that the team atleast seemed to try and win the challenge by putting some effort in than building or putting something their for pure comedic effect. The difference being the comedic effect from the old challenges came about when they were completing the challenge itself such as the amphibious one than one that was scripted to happen.

Yep, enjoyed ep 13

Buggies and special forces shit was all shit. Otherwise it was a solid season with a banging end.

The last episode was pretty good, no over-the-top sitcom type of antics that was what made the earlier episodes rubbish (the gunfight one is the best (worst) example of that).
Hope they learn what works and what doesn't for the next season.
May get to say his signature line, so I'm somewhat hopeful.

I actually quite enjoyed the first episode of the buggy special. The second was garbage though

This.

I'll give it to them that Season 1 was the test bed for everything. I doubt shit like Brain Crash will stick around and Mike Skinner's character is probably going to get dialed back or revamped a bit. What we need is more spontaneity and less obviously scripted shit whilst keeping what works.

Not really. Chris Harris is about the only high point I can think of.