Cars that should've been RWD

Hard mode; justify why, and no busposting.

Easy one;
>successor to the AE86
muh Corolla aside, it was supposed to be a sports model.

>Toyota had no shortage of RWD platforms at the time
>could've also continued to use the previous platform in the same way Nii-san continued using the S13 for the 180SX along with the S14 and 15 for Silvias

literally every fwd car
/thread

This

I own one of these and the handling is nice and snappy and responsive enough to be on terms with it's supra cousins of previous Generations.
>Muh gt4/all trac
I know it came in awd, but with the expense of having a second generation faux-rally shitbox, you might as well have bought the supra back in 93.
Toyota did well with rwd platforms and 2+ liter longitudinal I4s. If RWD came back too the celica in this generation, it could have been another 240sx imo.

fucking this. such a shame celicas are FWD/AWD

/thread

The RA6x and older are RWD

The Dodge Daytona. A damn waste of a decent body, and turbo drivetrain.

Prelude. Holy shit why its fucking perfect otherwise.

Nah small cars like euro hot hatches wouldn't be the same. AWD maybe, it works on the golf but not RWD. For just about every other car you're right though.

Yeah I can't argue with that RWD GTI's when?

It would've made enough sense if the AWD models weren't all limited runs and the last gen had come with a GT-Four trim. Cheap base model for looks, top trim Evo/WRX competitor.

1971 riviera boat tail, they look badass, thus they need to be. Hell if you can afford one you can afford to do an ls swap

Wait so the Shelby GLH was a fwd? The fuck shelby?

How? The Integra is a better car objectively, although you can make a case for the bug eyes being it's biggest flaw.

Thank fuck Celicas and Preludes weren't RWD. That way you can still pick up good ones for cheap since the majority of them haven't been ruined by the Veeky Forumstist "becausee driftcar broo xDDDDDDD" crowd

Because if you aren't a benchracing moron, you might be able to look up Shelby's opinion on those cars.

stop making these threads. AE92 was a great FWD and if you dick suck Initial D so much you should know FWD has its advantages on the togueeeeeeeeee

Twingo wouldn't have had its ridiculously spacious and flexible interior for its size if it had to fit a transmission tunnel and rear diff.

Wrong. Econoboxes benefit from the lesser drivetrain losses inherent to FWD meaning better fuel economy.

All sports cars shouldn't be FWD though. Honda Del Sol being a good example.

>Triggered FF cuck

The new Mazda6. Take the transverse I4 engines, add 2 cylinders and put back longitudinally with RWD and optional AWD switch. The 3.3 diesel would be fun with 260hp and 600Nm, the 3.75 petrol should get a turbo, which would make at least 400-450hp and 5-600Nm.

ITT people who know nothing about drive trains , enginwering, car dynamics just spout "hurr make it RWD!!!"

its so obvious how young Veeky Forums is when they bitch about drive trains but are perfectly happy with weak four poppers. Insane

>torque steer is a feature
>did i mention i have multiple mental disabilities

if everything from honda was rwd i would exclusively own hondas.

>literally every fwd sports car

fixed

traverse rr and just put the passenger compartment further forward

That's what they tried with the 3rd gen, but is has a tiny trunk because the engine's under the floor and no frunk for some reason.
Also I'm pretty sure it can't turn into a double bed anymore.

it hurts me everyday.

>implying Veeky Forums even makes a splash in the world of automotive interests
>implying FWD shitboxes aren't overpriced because "muh cibic"

I think you're forgetting.

This thing.

With the styling, the name, and the advertising they had behind it, it should have not only been RWD, but V8 and 5-speed manual. But no, it's a fuckin W-body.

Looks mostly.

Integra is fine as is since its light enough that 700HP is enough to smoke almost anything with an engine

3rd gens handle in a way a RWD car couldn't though. It's a different kind of fun.

The Prelude is fine how it is, and wouldn't be a Prelude anymore if you made it RWD.

This
>TFW fwd is literally France's fault

That already is rwd you dingleberry

>not having the most weight on the drive wheels
>this is what FRfags actually believe

Honda accord
Buick regal/Insignia