Other urls found in this thread:

playrust.com/devblog-144/
pastebin.com/VC6euusa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE HERE DAMNIT

is this a real thread?

Yes

yes.

We need more Rust threads on /v/ and then redirect some people here if we want this shit to thrive, and since today is update day, more people will be prone to discussing Rust

update day? Do we get new stuff? content? collectables? bigger dicks for niggs?

I dunno yet, but it's probably further optimizations and loot balance

if garry is feeling kind we shall be granted new shit.
otherwise it will be bug fixes

What's the best base design for a solo player?

I learned the hard way that you need to upgrade your floor first!

Stone floor is always the first priority
This is a nice design a russian taught me

I'd recommend something like this. Has 5 layers of wall at the weakest points (corners) to gain access to the inner 3x3, which will house your shit. If you go full autist mode you can stack shelves + boxes into the middle 1x1 and have an extra layer of protection. You can always expand it even further if needed. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST 2 STORIES OF THE INNER 3x3 BUILT BEFORE YOU MAKE THE WALLS OR IT WILL TAKE 2 C4 TO GET INTO YOUR LOOT ROOM FROM ABOVE.

As a solo player it's best to have several houses spread out

fix to the corners

Eventually it could look like this, except higher.

Ey up lads.
Gonna pop to the shop so I won't be on for 4pm.

Bampu

BUMP

Come on garry update this shit i want to play

game is down? I was in a minute ago?

Must be updating

I've been killed for 3 hours straight now by the same crew of squeeky young lads. Everytime they come through the roof of my little hut by the lake and stab me, take all my sewing shit and call me "faggot roleplayer"

The game's progression is so shit right now, it needs to be way slower. Garry pls fix

I dunno man, I'm struggling to leave the stone age here, keep getting fucked unless I join an empty server and fuck around for a while!

>I dunno man, I'm struggling to leave the stone age here
The problem is that in a server there's always a dominant group with all that tech

gonna start fresh with my little brother and his crew at some point, they're all big boys and will teach me the ways of the force!

Still no update ;_;

Come on update

G I B E
U P D A T E

Update was last week lads

Updates are every thursday

emergency bump

at this point im pretty sure that garry doesnt even have an update ready

Gotta keep waiting

What server will we play on?
What gather rate?

We're waiting on the update...which isn't coming

>Minor issue updating dedicated servers, stand by
RIP
see you lads tomorrow

BUMP

Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know i just acquired a rust server if any of you would like to join. It's regular vanilla with the deathnotes plugin.
It's hosted in Oslo, Norway.

Heres the IP: oslo10.spillvert.no:28225

Feel free to ask me about it. Just quote me and i'll reply.

>Norway
Alright, but a lot of people won't have very good connection.

Join the discord

the update is out GATHER PIPES FOR GUNS!

playrust.com/devblog-144/
captcha: GIBBS

anyone on Rustopia EU/UK?

>Plant cloning
Nice

>Abandoned player bases will have plants growing in them

Man, this changes almost nothing but I really like it.With that said, FIX THE FUCKING PERFORMANCE FIRST REEEEEEEEEE

>Keep in mind this is primarily for our static environments at this time. We have talked about overgrowth in the past when speaking of the decaying player bases, and while it’s not what I am focusing on right now this isn’t out of the picture.

???

Newfags welcome?

Yes
>>Keep in mind this is primarily for our static environments at this time
>at this time
>at this time

Do i have to use mic its kind of late here already

Nah, it's not that necessary

A few things I've learned as I approach 700 hours of play time (most of them solo). My apologies if this has already been mentioned, I'm on my phone:

1. Have at least two small bases. Once your shit gets pushed in, you'll be unlikely to play through the wipe cycle if all your shit is gone overnight.

2. As a solo player you're a bottom feeder and you'll focus on targets of opportunity. As a clan you'll shoot at nakeds on the roof of your base.

3. It's okay to be a chickenshit and not deal killing blows.

4. Don't shit where you sleep.

5. Lighthouses are the best place to recycle. It's a single point of entry, provided that it isn't already occupied.

So if i want to play should i just join the discord?
Do you have team or something.

I love this game man, wtf

Rust veteran here

Need to know anything about the game?

Ask me anything.

Find me in discord under the name Auf

Can you guys work on the guide please?pastebin.com/VC6euusa

might as well add to it

waiting in a 170 player queue

BUMP

Good websites to use as resources

playrust.io (shows map of server and hover over icons to show what it is)

calcrust.com - Basically the same as your crafting menu, but this can help you do the math easy. Reminder, this will show the full cost of an item, see pic related. You see it says charcoal, sulfur and gp? Well if you combine the charcoal and sulfur (except 200 sulfur) listed, you get the 650 gp needed to craft the rocket

really just worry about base items when using this website.

rustdata.com - This is a website to help when raiding, it will show what tools and how many tools, inluding hits it will take to take down a specific building item.

I will go over building in my next post or two.

*BUILDING*

Building is extremely important.

Walls have a weak side and a strong side. Of course, the weak side takes damage much easier with melee tools. Example being pic related.

When using a metal pickaxe on a soft side stone wall, it takes 6.94 (7) picks. Hard side takes 83.3 (84) pickaxes. Never hard side raid a base. Its quicker to just mine the sulfur needed for explosives to blow it up.

Always make sure to have hard side facing outwards. If you hold a building plan, soft side will always start facing you, you can rotate using 'r'

DOORS: always start with a wooden door until you can craft a sheet metal door or armored door.

LOCKS: Wood locks are great for the beginning of the game since they’re so cheap, they’re extremely annoying to deal with. You’ll want to upgrade to code locks as soon as possible. You enter the code once and you can automatically open the door whenever.

TOOL CABINET: A tool cabinet allows you or anyone who has authorized on it to build in a specific area. This area is in the size of a dome, you cannot build in a zone where you do not have authorization. There is an advanced form of cabinet placement dubbed "top-downing" that makes it extremely hard for raiders to build on your base if they decide to go straight to your cupboard to raid.

AIRLOCKS: An air lock is just a section where there are 2 doors. That way if you open a door and get killed at the same moment, there is another door that enemies cannot get through.

HONEYCOMB: Honeycomb is exactly what it sounds like. reinforcements around your basic base that make it harder to raid.

UPGRADING: A good form of base building is to always upgrade from thatch to stone. Just skip wood, it can be burned with a flame thrower. You can use wood if you really need to but best bet is always stone. You can go straight from thatch to any material you like, but you cannot downgrade your walls, floors or ceilings. If you have a cabinet up, you can destroy a newly built wall within 10 minutes (depends on server) If you accidentally make a wall backwards, you can upgrade it tot he next level and rotate it then while holding a hammer holding RMB and hitting rotate.

When building walls, it is usually better to use stone walls until you get an excess amount of stone. Then use metal walls, stone and metal walls take the same amount of damage from rockets and c4. There is armored walls, but just dont make them, they cost alot more and its just cheaper to make honeycomb.

When you get the proper materials to make an armored door, just place it on the outside. Reasoning for this is, it makes you look more menacing, but it will save your ass if someone decides to raid your doors. Sheet metal doors take 1 f1 grenade and 1 rocket, or 4 satchel charges, the info for door raiding can be found on rustdata.

Ladder hatches are a problem though, there is only one kind, the bottom being soft side, top being hard side, and they take the same amount of explosives as a sheet metal door to destroy. Ceilings work the same way when dealing melee damage, soft bottom, hard top.

Nice

*RAIDING* (when I refer to wall or ceiling, it would mean stone or metal)

Raiding a very hard process for a beginner. As described above, and using rustdata, you can determine the best route into finding loot.

If you have a smaller base, such as a 2x2x1, you can easily get on the roof with a friend, and shoot at the middle of 4 panels with 4 rockets. Pic related. The reason for this is because rockets cause splash damage, so if you hit the middle, it distributes evenly across the 4 panels. It doesnt matter if they are walls or ceilings.

C4 does not cause splash damage, therefore is never used unless found in loot crates. Refer to rustdata for c4 usage in raiding.

When getting into a base, you either are going for loot, or you are going to fuck them over.

If you can manage to find the building cabinet, then great! You may be able to build up further to help advance your raid, unless they did the "top-down" method described above.

When raiding and you encounter a sheet metal door, it is always in your best interest to use 1 f1 and 1 rocket (if the door is full health) It saves on gunpowder usage and you may get some dank loot.

If you know for a fact that a 2x2x1 base has only 2 sheet metal doors before you get to their loot, you can just use 2 rockets and 2 grenades to get in rather than using 4 rockets on top the base. You dont always have to go for cabinet, but if you do, just hold RMB and hit clear cabinet, authorize and lock it in, making sure there is no way for others to access it to recover the base.

BEDS: Sleeping bags are the most basic form of respawning (besides randomly respawning) They are great for space and can be placed anywhere on the go, but they have drawbacks if you die multiple times in a row The respawn time can build up quick so its always good to build a bed which always has a 30 second respawn time after your 2nd death in a row. Beds can only be placed on foundations or floors.

p.s. Rocket splash damage hurts alot if you are too close!

BUMP

I'll throw a tiny bump in here aswell

>have game for a few days since humble bundle
>never manage to kill anyone or even farm enough for a gun
>get killed a million times from assholes with bows, spears, and guns a like

>finally see air drop in distance, stash all my good loot, fuck it I just wanna pester some assholes with my bow

>kill 3 people contesting the crate with AK's and armor by ramboing people with bow from a mile away

>last coward with an AK is hiding behind a refinery scared of the naked fuck with a bow

>point blank ram an arrow into his head

Is it... common for people with guns to get bowed in the face despite having the terrain advantage?

Doesn't matter how geared you are, if you can't shoot you're useless anyways. So yes, you did good son.

Are we still playing tonight lads?
I just got back from the shop

we are 4 on this server now at least

Sweet. I'll jump on in 20. Gonna have a wank first

Bumping

Anyone have any good base building tutorials?

Still don't know how to get circular footprints using square and triangles. Maybe an efficent solo/newbie base that is honeycombed without a billion set up steps?

Also is there a way to stack large storage chests? I seen people doing it with half walls but I guess you need a snap point in the foundation to put them up?

>tfw always hearing gunshots but don't know where the fuck they're coming from
>only a duo most of the time, sometimes solo
>live in a location with several other bases near me, about 50ish meters apart.
>always get paranoid when mining/gathering
>hide literally everything in my base when gathering so I only have a stone pick or hatchet

Is that normal? Am I doing Rust right? It's an official server so there's no telling what to expect. How do you go about farming shit tons of stuff? I always feel like some faggot is just going to run up and kill me out of nowhere or snipe me from a distance and take my resources.

Also, somewhat relevant but should I bother with High External walls? More importantly wood ones since they're easier to make? Do they stop random shitters from fucking with you (beancanning, door camping, etc) or at least offer any decent protection?

That's pretty standard. Hold down Alt to look around so you can keep an eye on your surroundings

High external walls (HEW) are good if you want to ward off roaming raiders. If you know you can farm 20k wood in peace, go for it.

Their decay time is fast, meaning that you'll have to produce wood to maintain it.

Is anyone on the discord now?

Is there much difference between wood and stone ones? Should I just go for stone?

My best chance is night, but it's pitch black so stone is a massive bitch to easily spot compared to trees.

Wood is weaker and can be burned down.

Effectively, when you mine enough nodes, you get alot of metal to make your base out of, that way you have the stone left to make HEW

If any of you can't see at night, use these settings in your nvidia control panel

just hit "restore defaults" when its day again

Do many people do this?

>He doesn't