How hard is it to finance an older car?

I've been folllowing a Japanese importer page and they recently got some Skyline GTST's within the price range that I'm considering for a new car. My original intention was to finance something nice and new but desu if I can get my hands on a Skyline instead I'm going for that.
What kind of options would I have to finance that? Anybody have an idea what the rates might be like?

good luck insuring a right hand drive import that you have financed

Doesn't seem like it'd be too hard except not being able to quote it online. I'd just have to go through a smaller company like grundy that specializes in collector cars. They have restrictions (like 5k miles a year and requiring you to have a primary vehicle that's not this one) but they will based on my reading

Rates will be high. Put as much down as you possibly can and try to pay off quickly.

Montu motors in Florida do that

So they actually would finance it? Would I have to go through the imported like a buy here pay here place or are there any banks that do that?

>over 500 miles away
Worth a shot, considering my other option is in Washington
>also over 700 miles away

Some importers have agreements with banks. International vehicle importers and RB motoring I believe both offer this.

>financing a used car

How fucking poor are you?

Poorer than you, pal.

Obviously.

It's one thing to use a car loan to help build credit, but I would imagine the interest rates are awful and insurance will rape you, because you will need full coverage, due to it being finanaced. Sounds like you honestly dont have the money for a vintage skyline bruh. Finance a cheap as dirt commuter to help build your credit, and use the money you save up to outright buy a skyline.

I fell for the don't finance a used car meme and saved 5k and bought my car outright. Great idea two years ago. Now I'm looking at a second fun car within a 15k price range.
>financing a used car
How fucking poor are you? (^:

take that money you saved and buy a home with a 3 car garage for your shitboxes.

>implying I can afford a house on a literal pizza boy budget
I got lucky enough with a scholarship, and I can't buy much more than an armed robbery target in oak cliff with the 7k I have saved up.
The plan was to
>put 6-7k down on Skyline
>pay off loan within year
>enjoy
Is that such a bad idea?

I'f I can finance a fucking new Benz fullsize work van, then you can get whatever the fuck 20+ year old shitbox with whatever nickle and dime job you have.

>Is that such a bad idea?
if you can afford it no not really. people have other ideas what theyd do but they are other people so their opinion is irrelevant

>financing a used import car

No.

How are you going to afford parts on a pizza boy budget?

So will Rivsu imports, they usually have a few gts-t's and gtr's in stock as well.

Based on the running costs of unmodified examples as long as nothing major breaks within the first six months I should have the loan paid off and a nice padding of 2-3k established by 10 months after acquiring it (and this is assuming I'm making half as much money as I average)

Honest question, are parts for vintage skylines expensive? Ive priced out built doritos and about shit a brick haha.

If you're concerned with keeping everything OEM, it can get expensive simply for trans-pacific shipping.
But general maintenance items you can easily source here. It's literally an inline 6 engine, and if anything the furthest you should have to look is Canada
Modified examples cost about 3-5k a year including basic car care stuff like wax and soap
An OEM that's just owned and babied could cost you as little as 300 a year.

Good luck sourcing parts OP.

Smoke 'em.

>Anybody have an idea what the rates might be like?
I almost bought an R32 GT-R from one of those importers. Ended up missing it because I checked what kind of financing I could get before I called.

Rate was 2.24% if I financed the entire purchase ($25k).