Longest lasting truck on the road

What the fuck Veeky Forums 2012 1500 5.7l with 47k miles on it. Already needs a new clutch fan, water pumps leaking, vibrates at 50mph, front end is moms spaghetti, and sounds like wheel bearings are going. Why cant chrysler make a good vehicle

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JeUfB7SVsvk
vimeo.com/74813266
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why can't you morons stop buying Chrysler?

but but the commercial said america's longest lasting truck

>Why cant chrysler make a good vehicle- 0 post shown.
Because MOPAR.

Just kidding

Sadly i still like JEEP, Dodge, Chrysler and Fiat but holy shit they make some of the worst cars IN THE WORLD.

I guess its just their culture of doing whatever the fuck they want then throwing car parts at a empty shell and go with what fits and (barely) works.

Hell im sure someone more clued up than me could explain it all in great detail.

GM is more weird and strange when it comes to car makers

>Makes some fantastic cars (Vette, Camero, Cadillac etc)
>Yet also sabotages themselves, closes down LONG standing and successful arms like pontiac and holden only to steal all their great designs and tech
>Actively shoot themselves in the foot OVER AND OVER again from the 1960's to today for no reason at all

Its like watching a train wreck in multiple dimensions, it just keeps happening over an over in slightly different ways and each new iteration of fuckup is more intriguing and befuddling than the last.

t. tired ausfag rambling at 4am

if you wanted the longest lasting and most reliable truck, you'd have simply bought a Silverado or a Sierra.

>Why cant chrysler make a good vehicle
You mean fiat?

Honestly I think that fiat is some sort of mone laundErin scheme for the moffia where they build as cheaply as possible with no regard for reliability or longevity.

Dodge, jeep, chrysler, are dead. The only good vehicles are the jeep grand cherokee and to some extent the wrangler.

Fiat hasn't come out with anthing that wasn't a rebadge that didn't look like absolute crap.

Did you buy it new?

No, got it with about 40k miles on it from a fca dealership last year. Didnt notice any issues , only in the last couple months has it started to act up. Maybe i just drive like an asshole. Although i did have a 97 model with the 5.9 and it was also a turd by the time i got it in the early 2000s

GM was the parent company of Saturn which was making a great small car with a new approach to marketing and sales. But instead of giving them more money for R&D to develop a new model they made them sell the same compact car for a decade with very little change. People loved their Saturns but after a few years when it was time to get a bigger car (consumer habits were starting to lean towards SUVs) there simply wasn't another car that Saturn would offer. Then GM fucked up and divided their manufacturing among other plants and had the brand become a dumping ground for other GM shit....

I have a 2002 Dodge RAM that has had basically no work done to it other than regular maintenance. I guess I got extremely lucky. I supercharged it too.

So much this. Americans fucking LOVED Saturn. But in 1996, the Saturn experiment ended a success. Instead of taking the lessons learned from Saturn and applying them to the rest of GM, they cut Saturn's budget majorly (which is why it took them so long to do anything but sell the same car for so long) because the other divisions were mad Saturn got special treatment.
Saturn truly was something special.
Hell. Saturn invited people to the factory for a fucking 3 day party all the time.
youtube.com/watch?v=JeUfB7SVsvk

>I don't take care of my vehicles
>This is the manufactures fault

>1997 chrysler voyager
>380 000 km
Still first clutch. Only basic maintenance. Still runs perfectly fine. Only battery seems to drain faster.

>tfw you'll never fly to Tennessee to go a 3 day Saturn party

>yfw this video full of feels and Saturn commercials
vimeo.com/74813266

Then you don't know its history it could've been beat stoplight to stoplight killing the bearings and front suspension. You can only complain if you buy new.

Can confirm. My Silverado has over 373,000 miles on it.

How bad could i not take care of it in 7k miles to make the water pump and clutch fan fail?

Been looking to trade in my camry for a truck/landrover.

Problem is, i've never been a truck driver before.

Was looking at Suzuki Vitara's. What's Veeky Forums's opinion on babbies first 4WD?

Xj cherokee if u can find one thats not rode hard and put up wet

see:
It's not about how YOU took care of it.
It's about the moron before you.

Yeah, i got drawed in by the cheap price of a used truck relative to the same mileage/year toyota or cheby. At least everythings pretty easy to take care of/cheapish parts. Ill probly just ride dirty until the bearings give out on me going 90 down the beltway

Also, for future reference, the GM trucks DO tend to be more reliable.

Mopar or no car

I own a 2012 as well with about 67k on it. Every time I look at it I die a little inside. Going to use my returns this year to trade it in. I'll be a little underwater because they depreciate so fucking much, but at least it'll be gone.
>blown header gaskets the first few weeks I owned it
>fuel pump shit the bed
>speakers went out in the front
>stock tires didn't make it past 30k
>that goddamn mds throttling all over the place
>it hurts mileage more than helps
>dead steering
>has the throttle response of a quadriplegic turtle
Easily one of the worst financial decisions I've ever made.

Oh yeah i forgot about that bullshit mds. Thought about getting a diesel because muh cummins but looked under the hood of a coworkers and fuck that. Ive never seen such a clusterfuck under a hood outside of a VAG vehicle

>expecting a company who can't stand on their own 2 feet in the last 5 decades to make a capable vehicle

I pity Chrysler fan boys the most.

You can disable it pretty easily but the fact you have to do it every time you turn the truck on is annoying. I'd rather be able to turn the feature on when I want to versus have to turn it off every single time I go anywhere, otherwise you can forget about pulling through a turn without looking like a grandpa.

>first one was bad by a few years old
>decides to buy another one
>surprised the same thing happens

This, OP. this. Fucking this. Dodges are for girls because they're all marketing, no balls.

Lucky you mine totally fell apart before 90k miles.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAa

should have got a ferd
300k miles later everything electronic is broken but goddamn if that drive train will ever die

Mine didn't

well with ford all the electronics would've broken by 110k miles

My 2001 dodge dakota has 230k and my dad's 98 ram 3500 cummins has 360k... obvi he's had to replace the tranny a million times cuz dodge makes them from glass. But we've both drove them into the fucking ground quite a testament to their worth if you ask me.... this age old argument is something that won't ever stop coming up so fuck toys can argue you their brands superiority when in reality some companies have made masterpieces and some have made disasterpieces... of the same makes and models but diff years may I add. And in most cases as long as you do proper maintenance on pretty much any truck/car it will be in it for the long haul.

Idk, Maybe its because its seldom driven, but ours has lasted pretty well...

23 years and 100,000 miles later its still going strong.

Replaced the Water pump a few years back, and the right fender just a few days ago, but other than that, with regular basic maintenance, its been a-Ok