/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #657 - Best Girl Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ETVMXs8EerQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EuHIRGwdTu8
youtube.com/watch?v=EguvUh3TvGU
youtube.com/watch?v=RglxkcgMXPQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wRqZ0KXuNuk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JAFHTTqXk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w
twitter.com/AdamBryceThomas/status/822196680435048450
twitter.com/boxerhockey/status/821888313850105856
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I do hope that if the comics do have to come to an end, Sega gives Archie time to at least wrap up the series.

>best girl edition
>isn't Sally
Nice try, faker.

nah. hopefully they just let them release the last Mega Drive and leave the rest to rot.

genesis of a hero is fucking awful and it's their own stupid fault

>Wave
>Best girl

user...

Do not reply to shitters.

A hard stop isn't the worst news. It means they're more likely to pick it up at a different publisher with the same continuity.

A hard stop and new picking up is the worst news.

Best 3D Sanic

I got that email too.

yall are so silly

>SATAM had some of the best writing on the entire show.

He's not wrong.

>Best Girl
literally who is this

Why does sonic look retarded

No, but there are an armload of plotlines lying around.

SatAM is the best because it has Snively

He kind of is. SaTAM had pretty bad writing at times and frankly the only reason it gets its' dick sucked so hard is a combination of nostalgia and thinking "dark"=good

fixed that for you

Nah, it's not that dark=good, it's that it did dark really well. The backgrounds and settings were all amazingly well done and the aesthetic is top tier.

>Mega Drive
I saw mega drive being advertised as a graphic novel but what actually is it? If it's essentially a large comic and if it's any good I'll hunt it down.
>the only reason it gets its' dick sucked so hard is a combination of nostalgia
Nostalgia is the one thing I hate as a somewhat new fan of the series. Really skews peoples view of the games. I'm still not sure whether unleashed is "ruining the formula" or actually worth playing.

the best thing archie put out in years, no thanks to them

It's a standalone comic with Classic Aesthetics. It's pretty fun as is the sequel

They should at least give closure to the other stuff that was set up

Megadrive is great, but I liked the Shattered arc better.

Eggman's Dozen=Pirate Princess>Shattered

I would put Shattered over both of those....but I would also put both of those over Megadrive.

Hesse's art is really beautiful, and the jokes are alright, but like...it's just a Sonic story with nothing else behind it.

Eh, only reason Shattered is below them is because Naugus is such a boring villain to me.

He's got a bit of baggage from how long King Naugus dragged on in pre-reboot, but I think I'm liking where the troll stuff is going.

Pirate Princess started some gud hype.

I'm liking the troll stuff too, and I think the buildup to it has been awesome, but Naugus as a character has always felt relatively flat

>Best Girl Edition
>it isn't Omega

wtf??????

bump

Alright, seeing the stuff made me curious, is it possible to play modded versions of sonic adventure 1/2 on an actual mega drive if you burn them to a disk, because seeing those running on an actual console would be amazing.

what the fuck are you even talking about

>is it possible to play modded versions of sonic adventure 1/2 on an actual mega drive

canon male

Her human version is hot, but her normal form is ugly.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ETVMXs8EerQ

Das it

Das it mane

Sonic Dreams Collection.exe when

Lava shelter is better

Oh jesus, I haven't had any sleep, I meant dreamcast.
This is why you don't post when ill.
>not the other way around

Only if it's specifically a hack of the Dreamcast version, and it's hacked in such a way to be compatible with the console. You can't play the PC version on Dreamcast.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EuHIRGwdTu8

I might be the only person in the world that wants this, but 06 remake when?

Let's talk about best boy

This general's OP is a disgrace.

Man FUCK Sky Troops.

That soundtrack was pretty tight though.
youtube.com/watch?v=EguvUh3TvGU
youtube.com/watch?v=RglxkcgMXPQ

This is where the good shit is at:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wRqZ0KXuNuk

I always felt like this would be something you'd hear in a Spyro game.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JAFHTTqXk
Does /sthg/ prefer the SA2 Eggman theme or the Shadow the hedgehog Eggman theme?

Shadow version for sure

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w
forgot link

Sahdow's doesn't include the awesome solo, so it's automatically inferior.

Not trying to attention fag, but I feel like I should post as an update because it is important to me, and others encouraged me with it, so I'd like to do this for them.

If you recall a month and a half ago I posted a resume and all you guys convinced me to send it to sega, it took a while but I did, even sent it in a special envelope and everything. Well, it's been a month and a half, and I haven't heard anything back, but I just want to say thanks to everyone for encouraging me to send it. I've decided to move on to other things now, though. After some reflection I can't really see myself working at Sega. As passionate about Sega, specifically sonic, as I am, I think the people there are doing a fine job. Personally, I think that the way I perceive it is better than it might actually be. I'd be working in an office (which I hate, I've done it), I wouldn't really be interacting with people, and to me it just makes me feel like I wouldn't be doing much. I've decided to go into sales writings, which is basically advertising and such, which I genuinely believe will be very successful and make me a lot of money.

The reason why I mention this is because what really inspired the idea in the first place was Aaron Webber. When he took over the Sonic twitter it reminded me of the old Genesis ads. Witty, clever, and memorable. It led me to an interest in advertising, and I see myself going that path down the line. I'd rather do something like that, and make money that can go to good causes in the gaming community, and really feel like I'm making a difference. I just want to say thanks to everyone who encouraged me to do this, it helped me soul search a bit, and make me re-evaluate what I hope my future looks like.

Thank you, sincerely.

If Aaron sees this, thanks. Although I felt like I could have been a part of your team, I think I'm destined for other things. I'll forever be grateful for our meeting though, maybe we will cross paths again one day.

not when you fucking copied my filename

Glad to hear from you user and good luck with everything!

They probably threw it in a bin but hey ho that's life

Sure user, no problem. Good luck in whatever you decide to do next.

At least you did it and gave it a shot.

Hope all goes well for ya.

what do you think about drawloverlala's art?

Pretty nice.

I was the user you were talking to. I also sent my resume in and didn't hear back.

Best of luck to you user, hope all goes well.

They're good,the little vampire fancomic with a panel of Amy biting Sonic's arm was so damn cute.

It's cute

Best girl

That's pretty stylish. Artist?

You mean this panel?

Yes, plus I think she looks cuter with the red eyes.

Removes everything but the cute which is then increased tenfold.

Yes. Omega does have a lot a cannons.

Sonic Adventure duology remake feat Blaze and Silver, when?

twitter.com/AdamBryceThomas/status/822196680435048450

$20 for an ABT b/w?

What is the Sol Emerald's equivalent of Chaos? Lava?

Chimichingawa, I think it's Japanese
Yes, give Silver a better back story

I hope abt is doing ok.

Iblis.

please keep silver and his stupid everything away from blaze. sonic 06 has already done permanent damage to her.

Sun.

The Flame of Hope, Solaris. Duh.

This.

The more separate their origin stories are kept, the better for the sanity of everyone.

Just a big fire. It isn't alive or anything. It's just a really big fire.

Agreed. I'm sick of seeing Silver and Blaze in the same sentence.

I'VE GOT YOU NOW, IBLIS NIGGER

Silver & Blaze

What about Sonic Rivals giving Silver her main enemy, Eggman Nega?

Oh. But then who is the trigger?

>Blaze absorbed Iblis
>Sonic absorbing Chaos
She could easily go from her dimension to the future and just happened to help Silver's ass just passing by
Hail Blazegod

Silver and Blaze being friends isn't that much of a problem.

Look, even without '06, they are already linked together by Eggman Nega. And, with '06, you get the 'Solaris' stuff connecting them together, with the entire "Sun" and "Flame" motif, and Silver's hatred of Iblis and the idea of a bad future with fire and lava everywhere. Silver's character has connections with flames, and flames are an integrel factor of Blaze's character.

It's a bond of flame.

Silver and Blaze, Silver and Blaze
Nobody wishes for Silver and Blaze

>She could easily go from her dimension to the future and just happened to help Silver's ass just passing by
This always confused me. How exactly did she get from her dimension to Sonic's, and in the future?

>How exactly did she get from her dimension to Sonic's
She followed Nega.
>and in the future
Retcon making her origin the same as Silver's, only to be retconned again because it was stupid.

SatAM was godawful

>I'm still not sure whether unleashed is "ruining the formula" or actually worth playing.
It's worth playing at least once.

Oh God no not again.

It doesn't matter how, let's just fucking ignore 06 in everything and think of other scenarios completely unrelated to it.

The story was not finished when that shit was released.

Hesse has said he knows what is going on with Archie, but won't publicly address it until it is resolved.

twitter.com/boxerhockey/status/821888313850105856

Sonic 06 was meant to be a reboot, marking the way for a more mature direction for Sonic games from then on. However, shit happened, 06 was rushed, and nobody ever talked about it again. It's why Angel Island and the Master Emerald aren't mentioned at all, or why Elise had a Chaos Emerald for 10 years even though Sonic used all 7 many times. It's also why Eggman got that god-awful design.

Hilariously, being a reboot basically made Shadow fall perfectly in line with the ending of his own game, where he decided to completely put the past behind him.

My theory has always been that the timeline went:
>Sonic Advance 3 - > ... > Sonic '06 - >

>Sonic Advance 3 - > Sonic Rush - > Soleanna Sun Festival - > Sonic Rivals

And that Blaze's World didn't even exist in that original timeline.

I theorize that what happened was, like, the events of
>Blaze sealing Future!Iblis inside herself and sealing herself in 'a different dimension', >Mephiles and Present!Iblis fusing into the corrupted Solaris and causing all of time to collapse in on itself,
>SS, SS, & SS beating Solaris in the past, present and future simultaneously and reverting it to the original Flame of Hope, and
>Elise blowing the flame out, causing the timeline to reset

Caused the Flame of Hope and it's Sol energies to leave Sonic's World and go to where another large source of it was, the dimension where Blaze was. The timeline reset affected Blaze by rewriting her life into that world, and the power of Solaris and the Sol Emeralds being rewritten into that world, and Blaze's soul being alit with flames and having Iblis sealed within her before the time reset, all cultimated in making Blaze the "Embodiment of Sol" and guardian of the Sol Emeralds, and the dimension became Blaze's World as we know it. The temporal remnants of that Future!Iblis was left in it's own dimension between Sonic's and Blaze's, becoming the Ifrit and the Chaotic Inferno Zone. The Temporal remnants of Mephiles the Dark became the Time Eater. The Flame of Hope, the true Solaris, pretty much became the Chaos 0 of Blaze's World. Because of the Chaos and Sol Emeralds' magnetic connection, the two dimensions became linked like the two sides of a magnet, and so have Sonic and Blaze, and the Jeweled Scepter and the Power of the Stars exist to keep balace across the dimensions and stuff.

I also theorize that Eggman Nega knows all of this and wants to re-create the corrupt Solaris, and unleash the Flames of Disaster upon the world. Hence why he goes to Blaze's world often.