>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rUJ-zubNu-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

honda a shit

Watercooled honda a shit
Aircooled a good

Hey /dbt/,

I'm going to take a Pan-American trip next summer. I'm planning to ride from Michigan to either Panama or Argentina, depending on what I can afford in regards to time and money alike. Needless to say, I've never taken a trip quite like this before. I want to make sure that I get the best bike for the job.

My budget is probably going to between $7,000 and $10,000. I'm trying to decide between the V-Strom 650, KLR 650, and Honda CB500x. So far, I'm inclined to go with the Wee - it's a little pricey but seems to have great reliability and better freeway touring capabilities than anything else in its price range. I don't think I'd be doing a lot on very rough trails or boulder-strewn roads.

Any opinions on which bike is the best or any I might not have considered?

>inb4 retarded travel memes
>I'm a /trv/fag and have been to 35 countries since 2013, including Iraq
>learned how to ride in India so not afraid of shit-tier traffic and drivers
>been around Latin America a fair amount and not terrified of Le Cartel Beheading meme

Pic not really related - it's me lane-splitting in Delhi.

Nah, that bike was just from when honda used to be good.

I kinda want a cbr300 for scooting around town

Vstrom and klr are shitty as fuck
Cb500 is underpowered
Try again

>sport bike
>town riding
Dumbest thing ive heard so far today

V - STRONK
'
S
T
R
O
N
K

I'd go for the KLR650 or DR650 because they're everywhere and will be easier to get parts for than almost anything else.

There's no bike that will be perfect for every situation that comes up. V strom will be nice on roads but heavy and shitty on dirt.

At the end of the day, it won't really matter. People have travelled all over the globe on CT90's and supersports.

Tiny sportbikes are good for around town hooning

>offers only memes and nothing of value

Thanks! I'm still leaning towards the V-Strom, but new KLRs are significantly less expensive. I have a miserably underpowered 500cc bike now and kind of want something I can open up on the highway just a little.

wee if you plan on sticking to roads a lot, klr or dr650 for going BDR routes and trails

>500cc
What cuck biek?

Probably going to stick to pavement for the most part, but having the option of going off-road or comfortably bumping down Bolivia-tier dirt shit would be nice.

So you know they are meme bikes and you want them amyway?
Enjoy your underpowered over weight suzuki

Why do your waste your time posting garbage, senpai?

GET HYPE

v-strom is the best of those, without a doubt.

can i come?

Everyting made by suzuki is a meme. Literaly every bike they make is a rip off of another bike, uses the same engine from 30 years ago or some other bike, frame,wheels or forks/shock and has a shitty fanbase.

Its true though. Its heavier than its competitors and has less power.
Only tards buy suzuki

I'm getting my CHP course taken this weekend and had a question.

Why do you guys LITERALLY just leave your helmets on the handlebars of your bikes when you go into a store? Why are you not worried about $500 helmet getting stolen or knocked on the ground and ruined?

Also, if I'm doing that circle bit do I lean the bike into the circle and lean my body out of the circle?

1. You are correct for being worried about this. This is something only retards do. Place the helmet on the ground or secure it using the helmet lock so there is zero possibility of it falling. Even a drop from a table can release teh stored energy in the foam.

2. yeah, for close quarter maneuvers like that you're supposed to position your body to the opposite side to maintain balance. the only time you "lean into it" is when you have speed because that keeps you planted. if you have no speed, you'll just fall over

>His bike dosent have a helmet lock

Sure.

>/b/-tier babbling about memes

>helmet lock

Didn't know about this. WIll buy one.

Thanks for the help fellow bikefag

Call me a pussy, but I drive an 18 wheeler and I have butterflies for this weekend.

>if i ignore it, it isnt real

Suzuki is famous for it's reliability.

Not really..

>There talking bad about my favorite sewing machine company so its probably just bad fake memes
Post gs500 cuckboi

>Triumph
>29%

I've never even owned a Suzuki. :^)

So. There still the discount honda.

Yes they are, their bikes never fail.

>Never owned a suzuki
>Still butthurt

wee will handle a lot of abuse but if you think your gonna thrash on dirt the klr might be a better bet if you want a mostly ready bike out of the box.
the dr is a better bike in every way mechanically, more power (iirc), fewer problems, better suspension and lighter. but lacks wind protection, but you can add that in pretty easily

Clearly fail 12% of the time

Second to Yumyumha, above everything else? Seems p. reliable to me.

How come people always jerk off about honda reliability when they're clearly not even as reliable as others? I've never heard "Yamaha reliability" before.

>KTM so low it didn't make it to the list

Yeah
Still love my ktm though. Never lets me down

Thanks for the insight.

I'll consider the DR650 as well. I'm reading some DL650/DR650 reviews and comparisons on other websites. The impression I get is that both are solid machines, with the DR being not quite as good on the highway and the DL not being nearly as good in the dirt.

Only reservation I have with the DR650 is that it doesn't seem as suitable for very long-distance touring. Michigan to Panama and back is an easy 8,000 miles. However, I do remember a lot of roads in Nicaragua and Costa Rica really required something lightweight and maneuverable. I guess getting a V-Strom would close some doors in regards to rural exploration, a la pic related.

You almost never hear about Yamaha. At least in the conversations I've had both in-person and online, it's always a "my opinions are better than your opinions" between Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki. No reason stated, it's just not in the spotlight or something?

Because no one ever complains about yamaha except butt hurt suzuki fags

i haven't ridden through in n out since that time i got burned at the drive-thru. now i am a sonicboy

In n out > sonic

Enough with the trolling, okay? You're being really transparent. Do something productive for once. Call your dad and ask how he's doing or something. Pay your grandma a visit. You know, move forward in life?

Burned? Literally or figuratively?

i was at the speaker for like an entire 2 minutes honking and no one ever answered me so i left and ate a hard-boiled egg at home

They seem like they're one of the only jap brands actually trying new stuff. FZ07 and 09 were pretty fresh compared to what was on the market and they're selling like crazy now whether you like them or not.

Newest thing to come out of others were like H2 and Grom which don't interest many people.

No ones trolling.
Suzuki builds outdated, underpowered, heavy bikes.
Thats their thing. Look up the numbers and cry some more

U fucking autist you should have gone to the booth and knocked on the window. I've had that happen when the ringer system doesn't register the existence of my bike due to insignificant metal and/or physical mass (magnetic/motion sensitive ringer).

In the case there's no sensor and it's up to the staff to keep an eye out, they were dozing or some shit, should've gone to knock on the booth anyway.

you kids these days will call anything autism

I ride a fucking Honda but this shit has to stop, it hasn't been funny for a long while now. Your inane acts of lashing out are making this place a reddit-worthy shithole.

Fake data.

Only reason suzuki sells is because 0% down financing.

>btw take a look at my bike here, it's a scale model of a panigale

Ok.
Tell suzuki to stop building terrible bikes.
Then tell the owners to stop acting smug about said terrible bikes.
That would solve the issue
Take a look at two of my 4 bikes

>that piece of shit truck and trailer-trash yard

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!

Haha ok bud.
>jelly of my property
Post your bike and truck.

According to the statistics posted beforehand and my vague knowledge of the used bike market, Suzuki seems to be the cheapest of the four and still in the top when it comes to reliability. I guess you gotta make sacrifices. Also aren't the GSX-R 750 and 1000 legendary in every respect?

I dont understand why this is in every thread.

you've literally been posting that for at least a year now, I appreciate the commitment.

>redneck rants over suzuki
Can Suzuki even be stopped at this point?

>Jap truck
>jap bikes
>redneck
Huh?

>dinged up baby blue truck
>no garage
>parks his vehicles in the middle of his barren, beat-down grass yard
>surrounded by duplexes and shitty, low-cost fencing

>I have Jap bikes!!! I can't be a redneck!!!

>mazda truck
10/10 taste, my friend owned a '91 b2200i that he ran without and fluid or rad for the longest time, crashed it into a ditch 3 times, caught it on fire, and still drove it home.

I have a rather large shop actually.
And thats not grass. Its gravel. I just tore up the asphalt and its being redone in the spring.
There are no duplexes here at all. Just homes.

more like 2 or 3 years

Also my truck is dent free aside from some door dings
Yeah i love this truck

>Gsxr750
>600cc sized frame for twisties
>Torque so don't need to change gears every two seconds
>Cheap
>Reliable
>Unlimited aftermarket parts
>One of the best looking new sports bikes out there (except headlight)
What more could you want

youtube.com/watch?v=rUJ-zubNu-4

If you're going to drop that much money into a bike why would you not just get a supersport?

Greetings, friends!

I am tossing around the idea of getting a dualsport bike. Doing the transamerica trail has always been a dream of mine. Where is a good place to start? I am mostly interested in reliability and off road capability. I don't really give a fuck about feature or HP. I'll admit that I dont know dick about bikes though.

Any help would be appreciated.

WR250R

>GSXR750
>not a supersport
u wot m8

>Marc Marquez claims he is more interested in bikes than girls and that he's never had a gf.

is he literally our guy

DR650
XR600R

hadnt heard of that, great suggestion thanks!

I was looking for something a little more streetable though. Probably should have mentioned that.

except he's a cunt

>bikes can't say no

im sure he crushes poon but traveling all over the world all the time probably makes it hard to have any kind of long term relationship

POST WEBMS

Ehhh technically a middleweight.
600s are supersports (and 675s and 848s etc...), 1000s are superbikes (and 1200 and 1300 ducatis), 750 i4s are kinda neither.

sure if you are going by AMA rulebook, but those definitions are hardly set in stone

my bad, meant superbike.

I think it's for overcompensating manlets who are too small for a liter bike so they can say "my penis may only be 3 inches but my 750 makes 171 bhp, baby!"

>t. fireblade master race.

I'm only 5'9 but ride a liter peter fine

Buuut its not really a superbike either.
20 years ago, 750 i4s were superbikes in terms of racing classes, now the 750 is neither supersport or superbike. It'll outrun supersports all day, but get trounced my superbikes.

Looks like the replacement parts for my motorcycle from the crash won't be as big as I thought it'd be and I'll install the things myself, save a nice chunk of money.

Ibuprofen every 6 hours for a week isn't fun though.

thanks man these look great!

I know, I'm saying if you're going to drop a shitload of money modding a bike, just get a superbike. It'll be better than that bike is while stock and blow it out of the water modded.

That GSXR will shit on a CBR1000. It is under 350 lbs.

>mfw people who have probably never been on track in their lives telling people what super expensive sportbike to buy
your opinion does not matter

neither does yours, shitter.

went to some motorcycle show today

shud i upload shitty pictures from there? do you guys even care bout stuff like that?

Guess my opinion matters, fggt

Its just like the rest of Veeky Forums
>800hp super car that i dont own is better than your civic
Fucking tards around here

I'm not the one acting like my opinion is fact and people who have way more experience than me are wrong, trolly is the only other person on here i know of who even has a track bike

nobody cares, nigger.